Unsure where to apply.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
abc12345675

Re: Unsure where to apply.

Postby abc12345675 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 pm

You should retake. But if you won't, at least approach this with a game plan. Do you have any lawyer connections you can exploit if you do well in school? And if you insist on attending a T4 school pick one close to home where you can live rent free and have sufficient ties to at least try to get a job. Do not pay sticker at any institution. Also, where do you live? Maybe you can go to a school in that tier and pay in-state tuition. There are a few publics in the T3/T4 realm.

Cdeezz0101

Postby Cdeezz0101 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:13 am

Well most astronauts are engineers, yeah that is it ill be an astronaut. Thanks for the advice, sending resume to NASA now.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:25 am

Have fun paying 150k+ and wasting 3 years of your life for a degree from a school where less than half of the students end up full time legal work. Hope it works out for you.

Postby 1776 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:10 am

Cdeezz0101 wrote:
kwais wrote:Hey guys, can anyone give me directions to the nearest 7-11. I need to buy a MegaMillions ticket so that I can put a down payment on a new house. I have a backup, which is getting a job and paying for the house the responsible way, but I don't feel like doing that. Please, no trolls, I'm not interested in the odds of winning the lottery.

Minus the lottery you just described a mortgage.
TyrionLannister wrote:I'll try not to be condescending...

What you are planning to do is not smart.

You havent even graduated UG yet.

Here is a better plan:
1. Graduate UG.
2. Get a job. Any job.
3. Earn $160.
4. Study.
5. Retake.
6. Reapply.

Take your future seriously.

P.S. And don't tell me that you are, because it takes five minutes on this website to know that a 149 fucks you for life.

Btw, until you provide an adequate reason for not being able to afford a retake, no one here will take you seriously.

As stated above, I am working at a paid internship currently. Between car payments, cell phone bills, car insurance, rent and living expenses it can be rough forking over even 160 dollars to a test I would be taking in October. October being a time where i work 25-30 hours a week with a full course load (of engineering not pussy business/poly sci credits) and extracurricular activities.

However, it appears I am hitting diminishing returns here so I will seek out another resource for advice.

Thanks anyhow.

How do you plan paying for applications and all that if you can't afford $160 on a retake? I studied for only 4 months, and jumped 20 points from my first diagnostic. You can jump really quickly from just a little bit of studying. Now I'm going to a respectable TT with 20k debt. I didn't need to apply to TTT's or TTTT's, and I had a very mediocre score. Getting 10 points on the test would put you in the TT range.

If you want a list of schools, look at the profiles on this site. You may be able to get in to a TTT or TTTT that is the only school in the region...or has a reputation better than it's ranking...but a 149 is going to create a huge hurdle. And if you aren't worried about getting a job in the legal field, why bother going to law school?

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:45 am

laxbrah420 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Nova Law or Barry Law would probably take you. And Florida has pretty strong job prospects in the near future. Don't listen to the naysayers. They're all just elitist trolls who are mad because they don't have your strong softs. I went to Barry and got a 4.0 because I worked really hard. I got a sweet internship at a law firm this summer. You can do it too. Yeah I mean I'll be like $180k in debt when I get out, but being a lawyer is worth it.

There are basically two kinds of people who apply to law school: People who want to be lawyers to make money and people who want to be lawyers. If you want to make money, you shouldn't go to law school. If you want to be a lawyer because that's your dream, you should go no matter what. It's fucking outrageous that there are people on this site that think that just because a "council" believes he's not as smart as 60% in the country, he should abandon his dreams.

If someone just wanted to go to law school because it was their dream to go to law school, why not go to a cheap online school? Or the People's College of Law? Fulfills your dream and super cheap.

TexasAggie13

Postby TexasAggie13 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:50 am

TyrionLannister wrote:
Cdeezz0101 wrote:I really just want a school list not a job report.

Cdeezz0101 wrote:LSAT:149
Preferences:
-Job placement high

No school exists to meet your criteria.

+1

Either be an engineer for the rest of your life or get realistic about law school. Your plan stinks to high heaven.

superbloom

Postby superbloom » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:00 am

One needs to be quite intelligent (or at least hard-working) to get a 3.41 UGPA in engineering. I find it impossible that an engineer major with a strong GPA would not only score a 149 on the LSAT, but would be so close minded as to the true implications of going to a school with this score. This must be a flame, in which case I just wasted time reading and posting in this thread. Damn.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:20 pm

cinephile wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Nova Law or Barry Law would probably take you. And Florida has pretty strong job prospects in the near future. Don't listen to the naysayers. They're all just elitist trolls who are mad because they don't have your strong softs. I went to Barry and got a 4.0 because I worked really hard. I got a sweet internship at a law firm this summer. You can do it too. Yeah I mean I'll be like $180k in debt when I get out, but being a lawyer is worth it.

There are basically two kinds of people who apply to law school: People who want to be lawyers to make money and people who want to be lawyers. If you want to make money, you shouldn't go to law school. If you want to be a lawyer because that's your dream, you should go no matter what. It's fucking outrageous that there are people on this site that think that just because a "council" believes he's not as smart as 60% in the country, he should abandon his dreams.

If someone just wanted to go to law school because it was their dream to go to law school, why not go to a cheap online school? Or the People's College of Law? Fulfills your dream and super cheap.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Retaking is a waste of time.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:21 pm

thelawyler wrote:lol. Maybe he should be an astronaut too.

Did you even read what he wrote? Or what I wrote? The guy wants to be a lawyer, not an astronaut, stupid.

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:26 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
thelawyler wrote:lol. Maybe he should be an astronaut too.

Did you even read what he wrote? Or what I wrote? The guy wants to be a lawyer, not an astronaut, stupid.

And I respond with OP who just said on this page:

Cdeezz0101 wrote:Well most astronauts are engineers, yeah that is it ill be an astronaut. Thanks for the advice, sending resume to NASA now.

But honestly, telling somebody who isn't qualified to be a lawyer to follow his dreams to be a lawyer by going 150k in debt is stupid. Just as stupid as telling a kid he should be an astronaut without a realistic chance of being so.

And people, this OP is clearly a flame. that is all.

Oh PS to laxbrah: no you're a stupid head.

aca0260

Postby aca0260 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:41 pm

100% flame.

Dead giveaway is the "transferring shouldn't be a problem if I crush it despite my awful admissions profile" mentality.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

aca0260 wrote:100% flame.

Dead giveaway is the "transferring shouldn't be a problem if I crush it despite my awful admissions profile" mentality.

Who are you and why do you know so much about flames?

villainousv

Postby villainousv » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:21 pm

FYI this troll actually ended up on Campos' blog..
http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... money.html

Nammertat

Postby Nammertat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Please someone tell me this wasn't real.... I will also volunteer to send him my prep materials if he shows his test reg.... This is NUTS

Return to “Choosing a Law School”