Multiple Second Seat Deposits

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lawschooling
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Multiple Second Seat Deposits

Postby lawschooling » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Would a school revoke your offer of admission if you have concurrently put down a second seat deposit at another school?

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Multiple Second Seat Deposits

Postby Nova » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Depends. Ask them.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Multiple Second Seat Deposits

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 pm

I did this, and I got a rather rude e-mail from admissions at one of the schools asking me to "make up my mind" if I truly want to attend their institution so they know if they should extend offers to WL'd students who "really want to be there." I guess you can figure out which school I attended. Schools do know, as they are told by LSAC. There is nothing they can do (other than be passive-aggressive in an e-mail). I was just annoyed and completely turned off by that.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Multiple Second Seat Deposits

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:There is nothing they can do (other than be passive-aggressive in an e-mail).

They could absolutely rescind your acceptance. I doubt they would, but it's always good to keep that possibility in your mind.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Multiple Second Seat Deposits

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:There is nothing they can do (other than be passive-aggressive in an e-mail).

They could absolutely rescind your acceptance. I doubt they would, but it's always good to keep that possibility in your mind.

Interesting. I thought they could only whine in impotent rage. If you don't know that's cool, but what are the grounds for that type of rescission?

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Multiple Second Seat Deposits

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:28 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:There is nothing they can do (other than be passive-aggressive in an e-mail).

They could absolutely rescind your acceptance. I doubt they would, but it's always good to keep that possibility in your mind.

Interesting. I thought they could only whine in impotent rage. If you don't know that's cool, but what are the grounds for that type of rescission?

Why would they need grounds? They're not in a contract with you. Notice how you can withdraw at any point as well without giving a reason or getting permission.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, LarryFlint and 3 guests