Multiple Second Seat Deposits

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lawschooling

Multiple Second Seat Deposits

Postby lawschooling » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Would a school revoke your offer of admission if you have concurrently put down a second seat deposit at another school?

Nova

Re: Multiple Second Seat Deposits

Postby Nova » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Depends. Ask them.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 pm

I did this, and I got a rather rude e-mail from admissions at one of the schools asking me to "make up my mind" if I truly want to attend their institution so they know if they should extend offers to WL'd students who "really want to be there." I guess you can figure out which school I attended. Schools do know, as they are told by LSAC. There is nothing they can do (other than be passive-aggressive in an e-mail). I was just annoyed and completely turned off by that.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:There is nothing they can do (other than be passive-aggressive in an e-mail).

They could absolutely rescind your acceptance. I doubt they would, but it's always good to keep that possibility in your mind.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:There is nothing they can do (other than be passive-aggressive in an e-mail).

They could absolutely rescind your acceptance. I doubt they would, but it's always good to keep that possibility in your mind.

Interesting. I thought they could only whine in impotent rage. If you don't know that's cool, but what are the grounds for that type of rescission?

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:28 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

Interesting. I thought they could only whine in impotent rage. If you don't know that's cool, but what are the grounds for that type of rescission?

Why would they need grounds? They're not in a contract with you. Notice how you can withdraw at any point as well without giving a reason or getting permission.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”