Best law school to attend if i want to work in SoCal Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Real Madrid

Silver

Re: Best law school to attend if i want to work in SoCal

Post by Real Madrid » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:14 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:
Bronck wrote:
Real Madrid wrote: And this "hierarchy" hasn't been contradicted yet despite the fact that some people ITT have been through OCI.
:?
Real Madrid wrote: Stop stalking my posts and flaming Berkeley just because you got rejected. Not my fault, nor is it my problem.
Don't flatter yourself. Your posts are legitimately stupid.

Calm down, woman. As the rejection email from Berkeley said, if it remains your top choice school, you can always apply as a transfer student. Good luck!

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Real Madrid wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:
Bronck wrote:
Real Madrid wrote: And this "hierarchy" hasn't been contradicted yet despite the fact that some people ITT have been through OCI.
:?
Real Madrid wrote: Stop stalking my posts and flaming Berkeley just because you got rejected. Not my fault, nor is it my problem.
Don't flatter yourself. Your posts are legitimately stupid.

Calm down, woman. As the rejection email from Berkeley said, if it remains your top choice school, you can always apply as a transfer student. Good luck!
Do you have to be a douche? You're a 0L. Maybe moneybags is butthurt, but you could also be wrong.

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:43 pm

soj wrote:
Real Madrid wrote: Calm down, woman. As the rejection email from Berkeley said, if it remains your top choice school, you can always apply as a transfer student. Good luck!
Do you have to be a douche? You're a 0L. Maybe moneybags is butthurt, but you could also be wrong.
Nah. I got into Columbia. I ain't even mad.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 pm

jjyammer wrote:
twentypercentmore wrote:Scholarship money is not "short term" -- that loan of yours is going to be looming over your head in terms of net income for the next ten years.
let’s draw up a scenario

let’s say the law school without scholarship totaled 250000 after 3 years. 250000 over 10 years, factoring in interest, is 34,500 a year. If i am hired by a private big law firm my salary will be 160000 with a bonus of about 40000 just for the first two years. Then i could expect a raise in salary and bonus. On the federal income tax bracket ill either fall into the 28% bracket or if I am married and my wife has decent job well fall into the 33% bracket. I’ll be or my wife and I will pull in 100,000 after expenses (vacation, food, rent, car, gas, etc.). Obviously this is if everything goes according to plan. i do not want to digress from the main issue at hand. please do not comment on this but do comment on my original question.
--ImageRemoved--
Yes! I knew law school was a good investment!

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:00 am

jjyammer wrote:I am from the east coast and I got into every top 14 and UCLA, except for HYS. Which law school would be most beneficial (in terms of landing a job in a private firm) if i KNOW that I want to work in SoCal. I do not care about Scholarship money becasue that is all short term. rank best to worst starting from #4 Columbia - #15 UCLA

Thanks for the help
Best,
Joshua
...curious as to why USC isn't on the list...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cebuboy

New

Post by cebuboy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:47 pm

YHS, Berkeley > Columbia/NYU/Chicago > USC, UCLA, NU, Penn, Michigan, Duke, Cornell, Virginia, GT

jjyammer

New

Post by jjyammer » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:07 pm

for all those haters. 3/3 people that i have spoken to that graduated from a top 15 law schools made 200,000 there first year as an associate. im sure if i speak to more lawyers who graduated from a top 15 law school would have similar success stories. those who made fun or are skeptical are either ignorant or didnt work hard enough in law school.

rickgrimes69

Silver

Post by rickgrimes69 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:27 pm

jjyammer wrote:for all those haters. 3/3 people that i have spoken to that graduated from a top 15 law schools made 200,000 there first year as an associate. im sure if i speak to more lawyers who graduated from a top 15 law school would have similar success stories. those who made fun or are skeptical are either ignorant or didnt work hard enough in law school.
lol uh huh

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:43 pm

jjyammer wrote:for all those haters. 3/3 people that i have spoken to that graduated from a top 15 law schools made 200,000 there first year as an associate. im sure if i speak to more lawyers who graduated from a top 15 law school would have similar success stories. those who made fun or are skeptical are either ignorant or didnt work hard enough in law school.
Nice, bro. Bonuses up to 40k for 1st year associates?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Well, if you're only polling associates at Wachtell, I guess we shouldn't be surprised. Your story success rate will probably continue to be 100%.

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:22 pm

1) Nope.
2) T15 isn't a real category (UCLA/USC/Vandy/UT are peer schools). T14 please.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Please tell me which law firms they work for?

P.S. we all know you are full of shit now

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:08 pm

[/quote]

were they 1st years pre-recession?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:20 pm

--ImageRemoved--

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Dude, the salaries/bonuses for people at market paying biglaw firms are quasi-public knowledge. You're not fooling anyone.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:49 pm

timbs4339 wrote:
Dude, the salaries/bonuses for people at market paying biglaw firms are quasi-public knowledge. You're not fooling anyone.
But dude, he's THREE FOR THREE. 100 PERCENT. THAT'S LIKE 180.

jjyammer

New

Post by jjyammer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:13 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:

they all work for top 100 law firms. 2 work for Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and 1 works foley and lardner

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:21 pm

jjyammer wrote:

they all work for top 100 law firms. 2 work for Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and 1 works foley and lardner
Doubling down! I like your style.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 pm

jjyammer wrote:

i just want to point out for no reason at all that you, for whatever reason, felt the need to capitalize "wachtell, lipton, rosen & katz."

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 am

Lasers wrote:
jjyammer wrote:

i just want to point out for no reason at all that you, for whatever reason, felt the need to capitalize "wachtell, lipton, rosen & katz."
For no reason at all, what whatever reason. ;)

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:37 am

Lasers wrote: i just want to point out for no reason at all that you, for whatever reason, felt the need to capitalize "wachtell, lipton, rosen & katz."
I like how he used the full name of the firm too, lol.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:33 am

Pretty sure this thread is 100% flame, but I'd say whichever is the cheapest of CCN/Berkeley (unless cost of all 4 is sticker, in which case, it depends on scholarships down the rest of the T14 and possibly USC/UCLA).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”