Tier-4 Email Attack

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
noleknight16

Re: Tier-4 Email Attack

Postby noleknight16 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm sorry, no offense, but a 135? You could go D all the way down the sections and probably hit near 135.

pballer

Postby pballer » Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 pm

anyone capable of getting a 135 has no business going to law school

TheJanitor

Postby TheJanitor » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:30 pm

This morning I called my friend's father and informed him that his son was being targeted by T-4 law schools, and that academic record did not indicate success in law school. I also asked that he not tell his son that I had called him and he agreed. Later in the afternoon my friend called me and said his father would pay for his law school if he could raise his LSAT score to 160 or higher, but if he failed to raise his score he will go to work at his fathers business.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 pm

TheJanitor wrote:This morning I called my friend's father and informed him that his son was being targeted by T-4 law schools, and that academic record did not indicate success in law school. I also asked that he not tell his son that I had called him and he agreed. Later in the afternoon my friend called me and said his father would pay for his law school if he could raise his LSAT score to 160 or higher, but if he failed to raise his score he will go to work at his fathers business.

Fair compromise, but 165 would be a better target

TheJanitor

Postby TheJanitor » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 pm

dingbat wrote:
TheJanitor wrote:This morning I called my friend's father and informed him that his son was being targeted by T-4 law schools, and that academic record did not indicate success in law school. I also asked that he not tell his son that I had called him and he agreed. Later in the afternoon my friend called me and said his father would pay for his law school if he could raise his LSAT score to 160 or higher, but if he failed to raise his score he will go to work at his fathers business.

I agree, 160 is not really high enough to get into a really good school. At the same time his 2.8 GPA will work against him as well.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Nova wrote:
Mista Bojangles wrote:I get all the same Regent emails, FWIW. I've received literally a couple dozen from them at this point since applications opened in September. My assumption is that they spam those emails to anybody whose email they've gotten their hands on, regardless of numbers.

True. I got 20ish from Valparaiso before realized I should have unsubscribed a long time ago.

I got another one this morning

TheJanitor

Postby TheJanitor » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:45 pm

TheJanitor wrote:
dingbat wrote:

I agree, 160 is not really high enough to get into a really good school. At the same time his 2.8 GPA will work against him as well.

I had hoped my best friend and I would go to law school together, however, I think me and my friend are about to part ways. Really sad I've known him since first-grade.

LOLyer

Postby LOLyer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:44 pm

135?? How is that even possible? Pretty sure you could score that by picking your answers randomly.

Postby 20130312 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:51 pm

Wait, did you really call your friend's dad?

I come to this website everyday expecting not to facepalm, but there's always at least one post that does it for me.

RedBirds2011

Postby RedBirds2011 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 pm

pballer wrote:anyone capable of getting a 135 has no business going to law school

Fucking standards, how do they work?

locthebloke

Postby locthebloke » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:49 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Not that I would advocate attending an online, ABA-unaccredited law school, of course.

ABA accreditation means doodly squat in today's day and age. Tons, no MOST, of "ABA accredited" schools are just as much of dump heaps as this online piece of crap. The result is the same. crippling debt, no jobs.

The ABA are pigs. They "accredit" any institution without requiring an independent audit of employment and salary statistics.

ONLY the top 8 schools are worth attending. Law school is a filthy industry. Please, please educate yourselves as to how bad it really is, and make the decision to NOT go to law school unless it is a top 8 or you have connections that can secure you a legal job upon graduation.

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:53 am

locthebloke wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Not that I would advocate attending an online, ABA-unaccredited law school, of course.

ONLY the top 8 schools are worth attending. Law school is a filthy industry. Please, please educate yourselves as to how bad it really is, and make the decision to NOT go to law school unless it is a top 8 or you have connections that can secure you a legal job upon graduation.

Why the 8 cut off? It seems sort of arbitrary. I mean, maybe top 10 I could see since that's a nice round number. T-14's common and accepted. Why 8 though?

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:11 am

justicefishy wrote:
locthebloke wrote:

Why the 8 cut off? It seems sort of arbitrary. I mean, maybe top 10 I could see since that's a nice round number. T-14's common and accepted. Why 8 though?

Berkeley or UVA trolling?
Blatant idiocy (see: Cornell Biglaw placement)

Postby 20130312 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:36 am

locthebloke wrote:

ABA accreditation means doodly squat in today's day and age. Tons, no MOST, of "ABA accredited" schools are just as much of dump heaps as this online piece of crap. The result is the same. crippling debt, no jobs.

The ABA are pigs. They "accredit" any institution without requiring an independent audit of employment and salary statistics.

Top 8? Funny, that's the same distinction that the toilet blog makes. Do we have a celebrity on our hands here or just another mindless zombie?

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 am

locthebloke wrote:

Thank you for this unique contribution to TLS.

And trust me when I say that auditing employment and salary statistics wouldn't do us any good.

flem

Postby flem » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 am

locthebloke wrote:

But what about all those bitches and hags, bro? For $ome rea$on you have neglecTTTed to mention them.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:59 am

locthebloke wrote:

Saying that a non-ABA accredited school is particularly terrible =/= Saying all ABA accredited schools are good

Return to “Choosing a Law School”