Pacific McGeorge vs. Case Western Reserve

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SplitLife

Re: Pacific McGeorge vs. Case Western Reserve

Postby SplitLife » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm

knave wrote:Current Case student here. Going to Case given your circumstances would be a TERRIBLE idea. Besides a couple random emails about internship opportunities in LA that I assume were available to students from all schools, Case has absolutely no connections out there. If you already have connections, it might be different, but career services at Case basically worthless for students who want to practice in Ohio or elsewhere. Alumni relations are shaky to say the least, even with alumni in Cleveland.

Everyone here will tell you what a bad idea it is to commit to a school with intentions to transfer. But besides the low chances of succeeding, it's an awful lifestyle. I knew people in your exact situation, and to say the least, they might have been the unhappiest people in an overall miserable student body. I don't think more than one or two did well enough to transfer, and the rest are probably stuck in Ohio. Don't make yourself that bitter.

Did you read the part where I stated that I wouldn't mind living in Ohio if I had to?

knave

Re: Pacific McGeorge vs. Case Western Reserve

Postby knave » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:52 pm

SplitLife wrote:
knave wrote:Current Case student here. Going to Case given your circumstances would be a TERRIBLE idea. Besides a couple random emails about internship opportunities in LA that I assume were available to students from all schools, Case has absolutely no connections out there. If you already have connections, it might be different, but career services at Case basically worthless for students who want to practice in Ohio or elsewhere. Alumni relations are shaky to say the least, even with alumni in Cleveland.

Everyone here will tell you what a bad idea it is to commit to a school with intentions to transfer. But besides the low chances of succeeding, it's an awful lifestyle. I knew people in your exact situation, and to say the least, they might have been the unhappiest people in an overall miserable student body. I don't think more than one or two did well enough to transfer, and the rest are probably stuck in Ohio. Don't make yourself that bitter.

Did you read the part where I stated that I wouldn't mind living in Ohio if I had to?

Yes. But you made it seem like it was your second choice. It is my opinion that you have better options to make your first choice happen. Ohio is much different than SoCal. I've lived in Ohio most of my life so it's not big deal to me, but I would recommend you check it out. I've heard it's not for everyone. If you have spent time in Ohio, my apologies.

I guess my point is that future happiness is a huge and often overlooked factor when selecting law school, or in deciding whether to go to law school at all. I've seen people in your situation make themselves miserable. You've were given some very good advice in this thread before I commented, but I wanted to add my two cents.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”