Loyola Chicago vs Penn State ??

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rickgrimes69

Re: Loyola Chicago vs Penn State ??

Postby rickgrimes69 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:31 am

pkrajoo wrote:i am not arguing that the loan amount might be big or the job situation today is dire .. but that is not the whole picture ... it takes several different factors that decide the future of ur career ... the debt is an investment ... nobody knows what the economy is going to be like in 3-4 years from now ... a law degree can be used for so much more than practicing law ... and additionally money is not my end goal .. i do not need to pay it of in 2 years or 4 ... and in the grand scheme of life 200k is not a whole lot ... if u do the math of how much u spend on houses, cars, entertainment, kids and retirement ... a 200k investment will become insignificant ...

This is retarded.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 am

rickgrimes69 wrote:
pkrajoo wrote:i am not arguing that the loan amount might be big or the job situation today is dire .. but that is not the whole picture ... it takes several different factors that decide the future of ur career ... the debt is an investment ... nobody knows what the economy is going to be like in 3-4 years from now ... a law degree can be used for so much more than practicing law ... and additionally money is not my end goal .. i do not need to pay it of in 2 years or 4 ... and in the grand scheme of life 200k is not a whole lot ... if u do the math of how much u spend on houses, cars, entertainment, kids and retirement ... a 200k investment will become insignificant ...

This is retarded.

It is so bad that I have trouble believing this person is real. Its like a "Best Of" edition of "Shit Stupid 0Ls Say" all rolled into one post.

pkrajoo

Postby pkrajoo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:39 am

If you all think everything I am saying is wrong then tell me why ... Your comments are neither usefull nor warranted for a healthy discussion ...

You certainly can't win a case by saying "that's retarded"

jstr00az

Postby jstr00az » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 am

pkrajoo wrote:If you all think everything I am saying is wrong then tell me why ... Your comments are neither usefull nor warranted for a healthy discussion ...

Because it is extremely unlikely given current employment numbers for those schools and given employment patterns in the legal industry that you will earn enough to pay back the debt while still maintaining a decent lifestyle. If you really really want to go to law school (ask yourself why), then recognize you are probably going to have a poorer financial existence relative to other professions you might choose at this moment.

You may be a special snowflake, and maybe it'll turn out great. But if it does, that's totally luck - like winning a perverse lottery where the prize is you get to be a relatively prosperous lawyer for the rest of your life.

That probably won't happen. Best you can hope for is Congress makes student loans discharge able not long after you graduate.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:52 am

romothesavior wrote:It is so bad that I have trouble believing this person is real. Its like a "Best Of" edition of "Shit Stupid 0Ls Say" all rolled into one post.

flem

Postby flem » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:01 am

pkrajoo wrote:If you all think everything I am saying is wrong then tell me why ... Your comments are neither usefull nor warranted for a healthy discussion ...

I'm going to actually indulge you.

Because, according to law school transparency, less than 51% of PSU (Dickinson) grads secured bar-required long term employment. 32% of grads were unemployed or close to it. If you get a job out of here, it will be making 40-50K doing DUI defense in Scranton. Non discounted cost (what you'll be paying) is 225K including interest when your first payment is due.

For Loyola-Chicago, the full time, bar passage required employment is 52%. Non discounted cost is 219K. Your starting salary is going to be 40-60K again.

220Kish at either one, for a coin flip's chance at actually becoming a lawyer.

Going to these schools at these prices (honestly, going to these schools at all, barring individual/unique circumstances) makes you sublimely retarded. With all the scam bloggers, law school transparency, and the fact that you're on this website, you can't plead ignorance when you get your life ruined by debt because you were too lazy to retake the LSAT again.

Retake or don't go, or enjoy debtor's prison.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”