Which is better option

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

GA State vs "better" school

GA State Sticker (Less than 20k/ year)
6%
T-14 Sticker
69%
Any school that would offer full ride
3%
Emory
6%
UGA
6%
Something else?
11%

Total votes: 35

onewhiteword

Re: Which is better option

Postby onewhiteword » Tue May 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:Choosing requires you having options, you have none at the moment. Use the search function to figure out various rank/money arguments, no need making your own thread to clog TLS.

The reason is pisses so many people off is choosing is a based on so many factors (risk averse/neutral, location, ties, career choices, biglaw or bust, etc.) that just posting random hypos helps no one.

:cry: I'm sorry if I pissed folks off by clogging TLS and posting a thread to help my decision on the matter, instead of thinking about how my thread would or should help and affect everyone else. :lol:

flem

Postby flem » Tue May 22, 2012 1:03 pm

onewhiteword wrote: :cry: I'm sorry if I pissed folks off by clogging TLS and posting a thread to help my decision on the matter, instead of thinking about how my thread would or should help and affect everyone else. :lol:

Except you have no decision to make. Hence why you're annoying.

onewhiteword

Postby onewhiteword » Tue May 22, 2012 1:05 pm

flem wrote:
onewhiteword wrote: :cry: I'm sorry if I pissed folks off by clogging TLS and posting a thread to help my decision on the matter, instead of thinking about how my thread would or should help and affect everyone else. :lol:

Except you have no decision to make. Hence why you're annoying.

:roll: OK, you're right.

flem

Postby flem » Tue May 22, 2012 1:07 pm

onewhiteword wrote:
:roll: OK, you're right.

I know.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue May 22, 2012 3:48 pm

rad lulz wrote:
onewhiteword wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
onewhiteword wrote:Assuming I get accepted and get these options.

No

This response is really helpful. Please elaborate.

Not tryna answer hypos breh

OP, you have ~3.5 and have never taken a practice test. Like others have said, at this point, assuming you will score well enough to get into a T14 (about the 97th percentile or better) is just ridiculous.

If we were to assume you beast the LSAT (169-171), your choice will likely come down to choosing between a few T14s at sticker and a fat schollys at UGA or Emory. Both are fine options.

ajaxconstructions

Postby ajaxconstructions » Tue May 22, 2012 3:49 pm

I think the poll makes it pretty clear.

onewhiteword

Postby onewhiteword » Tue May 22, 2012 9:47 pm

OP, you have ~3.5 and have never taken a practice test. Like others have said, at this point, assuming you will score well enough to get into a T14 (about the 97th percentile or better) is just ridiculous.

If we were to assume you beast the LSAT (169-171), your choice will likely come down to choosing between a few T14s at sticker and a fat schollys at UGA or Emory. Both are fine options.[/quote]

Got it.

envisciguy

Postby envisciguy » Wed May 23, 2012 1:14 am

T14 is usually going to be TCR, but like everyone has said, they can't really give you advice without a real LSAT score. With your GPA, you probably need 170+ to have a shot at the T14. If you get that score, then this becomes a legit discussion and you'll have to weigh employment prospects/prestige vs debt. If not, there's still plenty of schools you can get into and probably get scholarships from, but it completely changes the question.

EDIT: Skimmed the thread and missed it before, but Nova is spot on.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”