Fantasy Law School Team

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dkb17xzx

Re: Fantasy Law School Team

Postby dkb17xzx » Sun May 20, 2012 5:17 pm

KevinP wrote:NYU
Cooley - Ann Arbor Campus
Cooley - Auburn Hills Campus
Cooley - Grand Rapids Campus
Cooley - Lansing Campus
Cooley - Tampa Bay Campus

I lol'ed

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Cooley - Lansing Campus

bro, they said only ONE T14

turkeysub

Postby turkeysub » Sun May 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Yale, Cornell, Georgetown, Texas, Vandy

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun May 20, 2012 5:24 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Cooley - Lansing Campus

are all Coolies ranked #2? Or is it a specific campus?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 20, 2012 5:32 pm

kwais wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Cooley - Lansing Campus

are all Coolies ranked #2? Or is it a specific campus?

just Cooley generally; it doesn't say which one

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sun May 20, 2012 5:33 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Cooley - Lansing Campus

dang, was hoping nobody would notice

kwais wrote:are all Coolies ranked #2? Or is it a specific campus?

Cooley cheats their own rankings by putting all the campuses together:
"• #1 in JD Minority Enrollment
• #1 in First-Year Minority Enrollment
• #1 in Total Enrollment
• #1 in First-year Matriculants"
Last edited by KevinP on Sun May 20, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun May 20, 2012 5:33 pm

kwais wrote:
lisjjen wrote:
kwais wrote: The moment you turned down those schools, you began a lifetime of rationalization. Exhibit 1, "those 3000 people must ALL be douchebags."

And you are continuing a lifetime of elitism. Exhibit 1: "whatever number of people got into a T14 but chose to go elsewhere for scholarships/quality of life must ALL be intellectually inferior people who have to rationalize their poor choices."

actually, of the two of us, only you make generalizations about large groups of people. I am only referring to you.

OK. I will remove all hyperbole. I am not flaming right now, I am not trolling right now, I am attempting to be civil because I feel that people with law school experience are the only ones on this site who make it worthwhile to visit. Ergo, I feel that our discourse should rise above bickering.

I assume you attend Columbia based on our avatar. I have nothing against any of the schools in the T14, and I have nothing against anyone who attends them (except for some of the assholes I've met - this does not mean that I think they're all assholes.)

I just get the impression that the higher you go in the rankings, the more intense people at the school are. There are a grocery list of implications behind that statement. It makes perfect sense why people would want to attend the highest ranked school they can get into. There are other considerations as well. That's all.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 20, 2012 5:35 pm

lisjjen wrote:
kwais wrote:
lisjjen wrote:
kwais wrote: The moment you turned down those schools, you began a lifetime of rationalization. Exhibit 1, "those 3000 people must ALL be douchebags."

And you are continuing a lifetime of elitism. Exhibit 1: "whatever number of people got into a T14 but chose to go elsewhere for scholarships/quality of life must ALL be intellectually inferior people who have to rationalize their poor choices."

actually, of the two of us, only you make generalizations about large groups of people. I am only referring to you.

OK. I will remove all hyperbole. I am not flaming right now, I am not trolling right now, I am attempting to be civil because I feel that people with law school experience are the only ones on this site who make it worthwhile to visit. Ergo, I feel that our discourse should rise above bickering.

I assume you attend Columbia based on our avatar. I have nothing against any of the schools in the T14, and I have nothing against anyone who attends them (except for some of the assholes I've met - this does not mean that I think they're all assholes.)

I just get the impression that the higher you go in the rankings, the more intense people at the school are. There are a grocery list of implications behind that statement. It makes perfect sense why people would want to attend the highest ranked school they can get into. There are other considerations as well. That's all.

oddly enough, top schools have lower average hours of study per day than lower ranked schools

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun May 20, 2012 5:38 pm

JamMasterJ wrote: oddly enough, top schools have lower average hours of study per day than lower ranked schools

I'd be interested to see the statistics. It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

I have a buddy at Yale. He said 1L was boring.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 20, 2012 5:40 pm

lisjjen wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:[
oddly enough, top schools have lower average hours of study per day than lower ranked schools

I'd be interested to see the statistics. It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog ... least.html

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sun May 20, 2012 5:43 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:oddly enough, top schools have lower average hours of study per day than lower ranked schools

I'd guess it is probably because the lower down you go the rankings, the more dire the employment prospects if you don't end up at the top of your class.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun May 20, 2012 5:49 pm

KevinP wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:oddly enough, top schools have lower average hours of study per day than lower ranked schools

I'd guess it is probably because the lower down you go the rankings, the more dire the employment prospects if you don't end up at the top of your class.

This is true. Also true, the lower you go, the more you find genuinely intelligent people who are apathetic/would rather blaze up and play XBox than finish their memo.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun May 20, 2012 5:57 pm

lisjjen wrote: OK. I will remove all hyperbole. I am not flaming right now, I am not trolling right now, I am attempting to be civil because I feel that people with law school experience are the only ones on this site who make it worthwhile to visit. Ergo, I feel that our discourse should rise above bickering.

I agree, bickering over. And as people above have mentioned, I was actually shocked at the relatively relaxed atmosphere here. I definitely have heard more war stories from schools outside of the t14 where everyone is competing for a small handful of high paying/high profile jobs. There are certainly intense people everywhere though and the t14 is no exception

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun May 20, 2012 6:03 pm

kwais wrote:
lisjjen wrote: OK. I will remove all hyperbole. I am not flaming right now, I am not trolling right now, I am attempting to be civil because I feel that people with law school experience are the only ones on this site who make it worthwhile to visit. Ergo, I feel that our discourse should rise above bickering.

I agree, bickering over. And as people above have mentioned, I was actually shocked at the relatively relaxed atmosphere here. I definitely have heard more war stories from schools outside of the t14 where everyone is competing for a small handful of high paying/high profile jobs. There are certainly intense people everywhere though and the t14 is no exception

If Marshall Eriksen enjoyed his time at CLS, it must not be too bad.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun May 20, 2012 6:06 pm

lisjjen wrote:
kwais wrote:

If Marshall Eriksen enjoyed his time at CLS, it must not be too bad.

good call

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun May 20, 2012 6:53 pm

New fantasy team...

Vandy
Alabama
Georgia
Florida
Kentucky
LSU

...Come at me bro

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Mon May 21, 2012 9:04 am

JamMasterJ wrote:Yale
Texas
Vandy
UCLA
USC
GWU

Blatant anti-ASU trolling all over this thread.

BearState

Postby BearState » Mon May 21, 2012 12:01 pm

turkeysub wrote:Yale, Cornell, Georgetown, Texas, Vandy

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Why only one T14? Illogicallllllllll

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Mon May 21, 2012 12:55 pm

lol at the UVA 1L trying to hold on to dear life to the notion that V >>>> CG. :mrgreen:

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm

lisjjen wrote:
Renzo wrote:
lisjjen wrote:I keep getting this impression that every single person in the T14 the kind of gigantic douchebags who cares about arbitrary categories of prestige, and that the quality of life improves dramatically in this little zone right outside of the walled garden, but you know, not too far outside of the walled garden.

It's not arbitrary. We saw you coming and slammed the goddamned garden gate.

You're cute when you prove a point I was throwing out just to kick around. I got into several T10 schools.

It's really not fair to stereotype based on my example; I was an ass long before the thought of attending law school ever crossed my mind.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Mon May 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Renzo wrote:
lisjjen wrote:
Renzo wrote:
lisjjen wrote:I keep getting this impression that every single person in the T14 the kind of gigantic douchebags who cares about arbitrary categories of prestige, and that the quality of life improves dramatically in this little zone right outside of the walled garden, but you know, not too far outside of the walled garden.

It's not arbitrary. We saw you coming and slammed the goddamned garden gate.

You're cute when you prove a point I was throwing out just to kick around. I got into several T10 schools.

It's really not fair to stereotype based on my example; I was an ass long before the thought of attending law school ever crossed my mind.

As was I, I think it's a prerequisite to doing well in law school.

I will reference my comment to Kwais. I started like a troll, but I'm backing off - I don't want to flame anymore.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Mon May 21, 2012 4:44 pm

BearState wrote:

+1

Scuppers

Postby Scuppers » Mon May 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Stanford
UCLA
UC Davis