Fantasy Law School Team

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LionelHutzJD

Fantasy Law School Team

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun May 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Choose 6 schools, you can only choose one t14 school. Pick schools based on graduation rates, employment rates, campus life, bar passage rate, and any other miscellaneous positives. Since im doing this to get a good idea on schools i will defer to you guys to start it off. GO!

Ruxin1

Re: Fantasy Law School Team

Postby Ruxin1 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:09 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Choose 6 schools, you can only choose one t14 school. Pick schools based on graduation rates, employment rates, campus life, bar passage rate, and any other miscellaneous positives. Since im doing this to get a good idea on schools i will defer to you guys to start it off. GO!

Law school transparency, then get a life.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Yale
Texas
Vandy
UCLA
USC
GWU

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Sun May 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Yale, Texas, ucla, usc, Vandy, WUSTL. Do I win? I don't get it

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:Yale, Texas, ucla, usc, Vandy, WUSTL. Do I win? I don't get it

we actually both lose; it should be Minn rather than GWU or WUSTL :lol:

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:03 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:Yale, Texas, ucla, usc, Vandy, WUSTL. Do I win? I don't get it

we actually both lose; it should be Minn rather than GWU or WUSTL :lol:

Or BC, the Disneyland of law schools?

TMC116

Postby TMC116 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:40 pm

To keep this interesting, you should have to choose a Tier 3 and Tier 4 school.

(or open it up to allow us to pick a T10 and T14)

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun May 20, 2012 4:42 pm

I keep getting this impression that every single person in the T14 the kind of gigantic douchebags who cares about arbitrary categories of prestige, and that the quality of life improves dramatically in this little zone right outside of the walled garden, but you know, not too far outside of the walled garden.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun May 20, 2012 4:44 pm

lisjjen wrote:I keep getting this impression that every single person in the T14 the kind of gigantic douchebags who cares about arbitrary categories of prestige, and that the quality of life improves dramatically in this little zone right outside of the walled garden, but you know, not too far outside of the walled garden.

attending Texas are we?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun May 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Since you're asking for each poster's "fantasy" law schools, then listing 6 rejections should suffice.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sun May 20, 2012 4:50 pm

lisjjen wrote:I keep getting this impression that every single person in the T14 the kind of gigantic douchebags who cares about arbitrary categories of prestige, and that the quality of life improves dramatically in this little zone right outside of the walled garden, but you know, not too far outside of the walled garden.

It's not arbitrary. We saw you coming and slammed the goddamned garden gate.

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Do you know who else cares about arbitrary categories of prestige? Employers and clients.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun May 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Renzo wrote:

You're cute when you prove a point I was throwing out just to kick around. I got into several T10 schools.

RedBirds2011

Postby RedBirds2011 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:55 pm

kwais wrote:

attending Texas are we?

:lol:

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun May 20, 2012 4:56 pm

I am literally laughing out loud at my laptop right now. I dare to question the T14 and it's a feeding frenzy.

I'm not talking about clerkships or alumni networks. I'm talking about all the douchebags who are coming up, frothing the water, snapping their teeth.

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:59 pm

lisjjen wrote:I am literally laughing out loud at my laptop right now. I dare to question the T14 and it's a feeding frenzy.

I'm not talking about clerkships or alumni networks. I'm talking about all the douchebags who are coming up, frothing the water, snapping their teeth.

No, you made a huge generalization about every student at 14 separate law schools and in the process came across as a bitter T14 reject. A huge part of this site is dedicated to discussing various law schools and assessing their qualities in terms of employment, faculty, quality of life, and yes, prestige.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun May 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Yale, UT, Vandy, UCLA, USC, UMN

I win! :D

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sun May 20, 2012 5:06 pm

NYU
Cooley - Ann Arbor Campus
Cooley - Auburn Hills Campus
Cooley - Grand Rapids Campus
Cooley - Lansing Campus
Cooley - Tampa Bay Campus

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun May 20, 2012 5:07 pm

lisjjen wrote:
Renzo wrote:

You're cute when you prove a point I was throwing out just to kick around. I got into several T10 schools.

The moment you turned down those schools, you began a lifetime of rationalization. Exhibit 1, "those 3000 people must ALL be douchebags."

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun May 20, 2012 5:07 pm

moonman157 wrote:
lisjjen wrote:I am literally laughing out loud at my laptop right now. I dare to question the T14 and it's a feeding frenzy.

No, you made a huge generalization about every student at 14 separate law schools and in the process came across as a bitter T14 reject. A huge part of this site is dedicated to discussing various law schools and assessing their qualities in terms of employment, faculty, quality of life, and yes, prestige.

Fine. I have been seeing a lot of posts lately about how much people hate their school, be it Columbia, UVA, whatever. I also noticed the lists that other people had written already were heavy on #15-#20.

And you are right, I made a huge generalization. I have a number of friends at T14s, T6s and even T3s and I get along with them quite nicely.
Last edited by lisjjen on Sun May 20, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun May 20, 2012 5:11 pm

kwais wrote: The moment you turned down those schools, you began a lifetime of rationalization. Exhibit 1, "those 3000 people must ALL be douchebags."

And you are continuing a lifetime of elitism. Exhibit 1: "whatever number of people got into a T14 but chose to go elsewhere for scholarships/quality of life must ALL be intellectually inferior people who have to rationalize their poor choices."

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sun May 20, 2012 5:13 pm

TMC116 wrote:To keep this interesting, you should have to choose a Tier 3 and Tier 4 school.

(or open it up to allow us to pick a T10 and T14)

This was interesting at one point?

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun May 20, 2012 5:15 pm

lisjjen wrote:
kwais wrote: The moment you turned down those schools, you began a lifetime of rationalization. Exhibit 1, "those 3000 people must ALL be douchebags."

And you are continuing a lifetime of elitism. Exhibit 1: "whatever number of people got into a T14 but chose to go elsewhere for scholarships/quality of life must ALL be intellectually inferior people who have to rationalize their poor choices."

actually, of the two of us, only you make generalizations about large groups of people. I am only referring to you.

doomed123

Postby doomed123 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:16 pm

lisjjen wrote:I also noticed the lists that other people had written already were heavy on #15-#20.

Maybe because the OP said you could only pick one T14?

sandiego222

Postby sandiego222 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Here's the thing: there's nothing arbitrary about it, and right now they represent the ONLY schools that it is (maybe) worthwhile to attend in the current economy

There's an outrageous difference between T-14 and anything else unless you attend a really good school in a market that you know you are going to practice in and remain committed to

Return to “Choosing a Law School”