>>>>>>>

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rinkrat19

Re: Is Northern Kentucky the right school for me with my number?

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 pm

slburgess86 wrote:I actually used Chapter 30 on my UG and exhausted it all. But I have been told that I still qualify for 12 months of the Post 9/11 because I served after 9/11 and didnt get to use it, (and I already started chapter 30 for OJT with a job I took as a printer before the post 9/11 bill was created). Anyway, That said I do intend to apply and try to get those 12 months, which will help significantly, But Im trying not to get my hopes up that I will recieve it, and I know if its anything like chapter 30 it takes awhile to process. SO, the question is do I still have time to take it in June? I took a practice test this morning that I got off the LSAC site and I got a 149, should I try to get in on the June exam and dedicate 3 or 4 hours a day to studying for the next 3 weeks? or is it too soon?

June is way too soon, considering the score you're starting with. Take October. Applying as soon as scores come out around Halloween is still plenty early.

Pithypike wrote a great study guide. Follow it.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41657

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Sun May 20, 2012 6:52 pm

To be honest June is way to soon unless you have already been busting hump.....

Take a look on here at the LSAT prep section and you will find some really useful advice. My guess is you will want to start your prep now and shoot for October. The Oct results will give you plenty of time to get them in if you have all the other stuff ready when you get it.....

Keep in mind that 12 months worth of GI Bill is close to a year and a half of LS for free...... I think the GI Bill will be much easier than the chapter 30 stuff because schools and everyone else is much more accustomed to doing it. I don't know that for sure as I am starting on mine tomorrow....

JC

slburgess86

Postby slburgess86 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Last edited by slburgess86 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Sun May 20, 2012 6:54 pm

slburgess86 wrote:Ithink it may hurt me to take them in October because it will be during midterms, and I will have a lot of other crap to concentrate on though. How much could I reasonably expect to improve in three weeks if I did decide to go in June if I still can?

The key will be not waiting until October to prep..... Bust hump from now until you get busy in school then just do enough to keep your mind sharp until the test.....

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun May 20, 2012 6:56 pm

slburgess86 wrote:Ithink it may hurt me to take them in October because it will be during midterms, and I will have a lot of other crap to concentrate on though. How much could I reasonably expect to improve in three weeks if I did decide to go in June if I still can?

It doesnt matter.

Test Date Monday, June 11, 2012

Registration Online, by Mail, or by Telephone May 8, 2012 (receipt deadline)
Late Registration by Mail May 15, 2012 (receipt deadline)
Late Registration Online or by Telephone May 18, 2012 (receipt deadline)

...The deadline to sign up has passed.

JCFindley wrote:

The key will be not waiting until October to prep..... Bust hump from now until you get busy in school then just do enough to keep your mind sharp until the test.....

Right.

top30man

Postby top30man » Sun May 20, 2012 7:03 pm

slburgess86 wrote:I actually used Chapter 30 on my UG and exhausted it all. But I have been told that I still qualify for 12 months of the Post 9/11 because I served after 9/11 and didnt get to use it, (and I already started chapter 30 for OJT with a job I took as a printer before the post 9/11 bill was created). Anyway, That said I do intend to apply and try to get those 12 months, which will help significantly, But Im trying not to get my hopes up that I will recieve it, and I know if its anything like chapter 30 it takes awhile to process. SO, the question is do I still have time to take it in June? I took a practice test this morning that I got off the LSAC site and I got a 149, should I try to get in on the June exam and dedicate 3 or 4 hours a day to studying for the next 3 weeks? or is it too soon?

I think June is too soon. To get where you really need to be you need more like three months. I'd say October. There are several incredible study guides on this site by the way.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”