Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby rad lulz » Thu May 17, 2012 5:42 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
I don't have to live in FL to read employment statistics about Stetson. For some reason I feel like I've said this already


You're spending your Thursday talking about employment stats when you could be doing soooo many other things. I find this comical.

So are you...

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu May 17, 2012 5:42 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
I don't have to live in FL to read employment statistics about Stetson. For some reason I feel like I've said this already


You're spending your Thursday talking about employment stats when you could be doing soooo many other things. I find this comical.


Image

In seriousness, this is a website on which people often give advice about law schools. It seems somewhat disingenuous for you to be here mocking them for giving advice just because it's good advice you don't want to hear. Others might want to listen.

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby top30man » Thu May 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
I don't have to live in FL to read employment statistics about Stetson. For some reason I feel like I've said this already


You're spending your Thursday talking about employment stats when you could be doing soooo many other things. I find this comical.


You're right, I am pretty lame. What day is it on your planet?

A better use of time is trolling a forum for law students.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby flem » Thu May 17, 2012 5:45 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Only if your resume pales in comparison to other candidates. There is a cost-benefit to any decision.


And it would pale in comparison to other candidates since the school is the first thing on your resume and there's three schools in FL alone that are better.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
I don't have to live in FL to read employment statistics about Stetson. For some reason I feel like I've said this already


You're spending your Thursday talking about employment stats when you could be doing soooo many other things. I find this comical.


You're right, I am pretty lame. What day is it on your planet?


Because not doing activity as a 0L versus a 1L/2L is the same? I'll make a note about that.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 5:49 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
I don't have to live in FL to read employment statistics about Stetson. For some reason I feel like I've said this already


You're spending your Thursday talking about employment stats when you could be doing soooo many other things. I find this comical.


You're right, I am pretty lame. What day is it on your planet?


Because not doing activity as a 0L versus a 1L/2L is the same? I'll make a note about that.


Why would it be any different?

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 5:49 pm

flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Only if your resume pales in comparison to other candidates. There is a cost-benefit to any decision.


And it would pale in comparison to other candidates since the school is the first thing on your resume and there's three schools in FL alone that are better.


Then don't go to Stetson, bro.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu May 17, 2012 5:50 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Only if your resume pales in comparison to other candidates. There is a cost-benefit to any decision.


And it would pale in comparison to other candidates since the school is the first thing on your resume and there's three schools in FL alone that are better.


Then don't go to Stetson, bro.


But, you just told me to go there :cry:

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby rad lulz » Thu May 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Only 0Ls should poast here bro, didn't you hear? People who are actually in law school should have better things to do than share their experiences.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
Why would it be any different?


So much comedy in this. I can't tell if you're serious.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 5:52 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
Why would it be any different?


So much comedy in this. I can't tell if you're serious.


I feel that way about every post of yours. But seriously tell me more about what it's like to be a 2l.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby flem » Thu May 17, 2012 5:54 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Then don't go to Stetson, bro.


But you told me it was a solid Florida school. What am I missing?

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
If? What is this if concept? This is a given. I never said that they would. I always said that competition is competition. Don't blame your school as the sole reason that you are viewed as an unattractive candidate.


Your school is easiest metric by which you set yourself apart from other candidates. HTH.


Only if your resume pales in comparison to other candidates. There is a cost-benefit to any decision.


Um, the school is the first thing on your resume


Awesome. And? What's your point? OP wants to know if Stetson is better than Nova. I would contend that yes, in the state of Florida, it would be a solid school to attend, depending on financial concerns. Not everyone has the same financial considerations.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 5:56 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
I don't have to live in FL to read employment statistics about Stetson. For some reason I feel like I've said this already


You're spending your Thursday talking about employment stats when you could be doing soooo many other things. I find this comical.


Image

In seriousness, this is a website on which people often give advice about law schools. It seems somewhat disingenuous for you to be here mocking them for giving advice just because it's good advice you don't want to hear. Others might want to listen.


If it weren't the typical posters, then I'd generally agree. But if posters want to imply that there isn't competition wherever one attends school, then I think it's a false/moot talking point.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 5:57 pm

flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Only if your resume pales in comparison to other candidates. There is a cost-benefit to any decision.


And it would pale in comparison to other candidates since the school is the first thing on your resume and there's three schools in FL alone that are better.


I disagree with this, but if you wish to think this, so be it. Don't go to Stetson, bro.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Nova » Thu May 17, 2012 5:58 pm

ITT: Beargrl trolls for stttetson at sttticker for 4 pages

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
Why would it be any different?


So much comedy in this. I can't tell if you're serious.


I feel that way about every post of yours. But seriously tell me more about what it's like to be a 2l.


Why would I tell you such a thing? If you think a good use of your time as a 2L is being on this site, then that's your choice. I call that an opportunity cost.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby flem » Thu May 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Nova wrote:ITT: Beargrl trolls for stttetson at sttticker for 4 pages


I legitimately feel bad for whoever the OP is in these threads as any quality advice just gets obscured by her poasts
Last edited by flem on Thu May 17, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 5:59 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
Why would it be any different?


So much comedy in this. I can't tell if you're serious.


I feel that way about every post of yours. But seriously tell me more about what it's like to be a 2l.


Why would I tell you such a thing? If you think a good use of your time as a 2L is being on this site, then that's your choice. I call that an opportunity cost.


What do you think I should be doing with my time?

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 5:59 pm

flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Then don't go to Stetson, bro.


But you told me it was a solid Florida school. What am I missing?


Too many to list.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby flem » Thu May 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:What do you think I should be doing with my time?


Networking DUH

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu May 17, 2012 6:01 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Then don't go to Stetson, bro.


But you told me it was a solid Florida school. What am I missing?


Too many to list.


Please just list a few then. Otherwise I will assume you are admitting defeat in this argument.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby rad lulz » Thu May 17, 2012 6:01 pm

flem wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:What do you think I should be doing with my time?


Networking DUH

Sending out cover letters and resume, even if you have a job DUH

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Then don't go to Stetson, bro.


But you told me it was a solid Florida school. What am I missing?


Too many to list.


Please just list a few then. Otherwise I will assume you are admitting defeat in this argument.


It's an assumption to assume that bro. Competition is competition

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
What do you think I should be doing with my time?


You opportunity cost however you want. I just find your opportunity cost comical. I thought you lived in Chi though. Apparently you think there is nothing to do in Chi. Why you would choose to live in a city with nothing to do is beyond me.

Get back on topic. I thought that was the point of this post. Put your personal gripes aside and leave the thread.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chipotle85, fscow1022, mintme and 5 guests