Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so.


I think everyone says so. You're the only one that doesn't.


By everyone, you should predicate that with everyone on TLS, which essentially means no one. You judge everything by statistics, you should know that.


We are all Ken?


This was stated where?

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Thu May 17, 2012 7:33 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
By everyone, you should predicate that with everyone on TLS, which essentially means no one. You judge everything by statistics, you should know that.


We are all Ken?


This was stated where?


I was taking your statement of "everyone on TLS, which essentially means no one" in support of the argument that we are all really Ken. Don't worry, I agree with you.

ETA: Or should I say I agree with myself? Oops, I mean I agree with Ken. Or really, as myself as Ken. It can get so very confusing.
Last edited by Richie Tenenbaum on Thu May 17, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 7:34 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
This is a given. I don't know why you would assume that people posting wouldn't be doing the same analysis.

Your statements just don't bear out on the actual people that I know. So if you would like to base your analysis off of old data, go right ahead.


Except it's NOT a given. There are tons of people who know nothing about law schools or legal hiring and stumble upon TLS every day wondering which one of two huge mistakes they should make. These people have not done the research. I think it's a much safer assumption that OP doesn't know just how bad the job prospects are from these two schools than to assume that they will be able to get a job from a place that only places 60% of its graduates in long term legal employment.

And yes the numbers I'm using are from the class of 2010. That's because those are the most complete employment statistics available. If you would like to counter that with more recent statistics (and by statistics I mean not anecdotes or facebook photos) showing that Stetson is placing better than that now, I would love to see them.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Nova » Thu May 17, 2012 7:39 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
This is a given. I don't know why you would assume that people posting wouldn't be doing the same analysis.

Your statements just don't bearsgrl out on the actual people that I know. So if you would like to base your analysis off of old data, go right ahead.


The data is from the class of 2010...

You base your analysis off anecdotes...

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
This is a given. I don't know why you would assume that people posting wouldn't be doing the same analysis.

Your statements just don't bear out on the actual people that I know. So if you would like to base your analysis off of old data, go right ahead.


Except it's NOT a given. There are tons of people who know nothing about law schools or legal hiring and stumble upon TLS every day wondering which one of two huge mistakes they should make. These people have not done the research. I think it's a much safer assumption that OP doesn't know just how bad the job prospects are from these two schools than to assume that they will be able to get a job from a place that only places 60% of its graduates in long term legal employment.

And yes the numbers I'm using are from the class of 2010. That's because those are the most complete employment statistics available. If you would like to counter that with more recent statistics (and by statistics I mean not anecdotes or facebook photos) showing that Stetson is placing better than that now, I would love to see them.


So your future competition can't research? Why would you want to enter such a profession? Do you have any statistical evidence to prove your cause? I'm thinking no. You are also assuming that OP cares about long-term legal employment. I wont provide my anecdotal reason again to disprove this case.

So until you produce some statistical analysis saying that X percentage of future law students don't do due diligence research, your talking point is moot. And as I said, I know of no one currently working or who has been offered employment in the legal field who knew about this site. This isn't meant to disparage this site as I think the threads that pertain to actual study strategy are solid. I just think the ones telling X person to not go to X or telling someone to go to X are horrible. Feel free to disagree with that, but the actual people that I know are not using TLS as their go to source. They seem to be coping just fine.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Nova wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
This is a given. I don't know why you would assume that people posting wouldn't be doing the same analysis.

Your statements just don't bearsgrl out on the actual people that I know. So if you would like to base your analysis off of old data, go right ahead.


The data is from the class of 2010...

You base your analysis off anecdotes...


Statistics are just a collection of anecdotes. I was told years ago by an attorney not to enter the legal fray. Thus, I didn't. Why wouldn't someone else do the same due diligence?

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby flem » Thu May 17, 2012 7:46 pm

First rule of trolling: never go full retard.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby paratactical » Thu May 17, 2012 7:47 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:lulz, tremendous troll is tremendous. It was an example for you to see how few SA's there are, not my bidding strategy.


This is where we differ. I don't think two is rare. I can see how you would think it is rare, but I just disagree with that philosophy.

I got this far before the toxic levels of stupid made vomit.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby beachbum » Thu May 17, 2012 7:49 pm

You regular posters need to stop trolling beargrl and go play frisbee or some shit.

User avatar
TyrionLannister
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby TyrionLannister » Thu May 17, 2012 7:54 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Statistics are just a collection of anecdotes.


I don't think you know what the word 'statistics' means.

sta·tis·tics   [stuh-tis-tiks]
noun
1.( used with a singular verb ) the science that deals with the collection, classification, analysis, and interpretation of numerical facts or data, and that, by use of mathematical theories of probability, imposes order and regularity on aggregates of more or less disparate elements.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 7:54 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
This is a given. I don't know why you would assume that people posting wouldn't be doing the same analysis.

Your statements just don't bear out on the actual people that I know. So if you would like to base your analysis off of old data, go right ahead.


Except it's NOT a given. There are tons of people who know nothing about law schools or legal hiring and stumble upon TLS every day wondering which one of two huge mistakes they should make. These people have not done the research. I think it's a much safer assumption that OP doesn't know just how bad the job prospects are from these two schools than to assume that they will be able to get a job from a place that only places 60% of its graduates in long term legal employment.

And yes the numbers I'm using are from the class of 2010. That's because those are the most complete employment statistics available. If you would like to counter that with more recent statistics (and by statistics I mean not anecdotes or facebook photos) showing that Stetson is placing better than that now, I would love to see them.


So your future competition can't research? Why would you want to enter such a profession? Do you have any statistical evidence to prove your cause? I'm thinking no. You are also assuming that OP cares about long-term legal employment. I wont provide my anecdotal reason again to disprove this case.

So until you produce some statistical analysis saying that X percentage of future law students don't do due diligence research, your talking point is moot. And as I said, I know of no one currently working or who has been offered employment in the legal field who knew about this site. This isn't meant to disparage this site as I think the threads that pertain to actual study strategy are solid. I just think the ones telling X person to not go to X or telling someone to go to X are horrible. Feel free to disagree with that, but the actual people that I know are not using TLS as their go to source. They seem to be coping just fine.


It is easier to give people advice if you make a few reasonable assumptions like that they want long term legal employment. If OP comes back to the thread and says don't worry guys I don't ever want to work as a lawyer, I'm just looking for a way to waste my parents' money, then I'll tell them to go to Stetson.

I don't really understand what your second paragraph is supposed to prove. TLS is a relatively new website. When I first started studying for the LSAT I think lawschooldiscussion was actually more popular than TLS. There are not a lot of practicing lawyers on the site because it didn't exist when they were going through law school. So just because you don't personally know anyone who uses TLS doesn't mean anything. There have been a ton of posters who have been helped by TLS so I don't really give a shit if you think threads like this are "horrible." They are necessary and helpful and it would be nice if you would stop ruining them with your terrible advice.

User avatar
TyrionLannister
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby TyrionLannister » Thu May 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Or maybe this is the one you don't know -

an·ec·dote/ˈanikˌdōt/
Noun:
A short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
An account regarded as unreliable or hearsay.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 7:57 pm

TyrionLannister wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Statistics are just a collection of anecdotes.


I don't think you know what the word 'statistics' means.

sta·tis·tics   [stuh-tis-tiks]
noun
1.( used with a singular verb ) the science that deals with the collection, classification, analysis, and interpretation of numerical facts or data, and that, by use of mathematical theories of probability, imposes order and regularity on aggregates of more or less disparate elements.


Seeing as I have collected survey results for an actual job, I think I know what statistics are.

Have a nice evening all. Off to.....do stuff. :D

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
This is a given. I don't know why you would assume that people posting wouldn't be doing the same analysis.

Your statements just don't bear out on the actual people that I know. So if you would like to base your analysis off of old data, go right ahead.


Except it's NOT a given. There are tons of people who know nothing about law schools or legal hiring and stumble upon TLS every day wondering which one of two huge mistakes they should make. These people have not done the research. I think it's a much safer assumption that OP doesn't know just how bad the job prospects are from these two schools than to assume that they will be able to get a job from a place that only places 60% of its graduates in long term legal employment.

And yes the numbers I'm using are from the class of 2010. That's because those are the most complete employment statistics available. If you would like to counter that with more recent statistics (and by statistics I mean not anecdotes or facebook photos) showing that Stetson is placing better than that now, I would love to see them.


If you say so, Lud. If you say so.

Enjoy your evening. :D
So your future competition can't research? Why would you want to enter such a profession? Do you have any statistical evidence to prove your cause? I'm thinking no. You are also assuming that OP cares about long-term legal employment. I wont provide my anecdotal reason again to disprove this case.

So until you produce some statistical analysis saying that X percentage of future law students don't do due diligence research, your talking point is moot. And as I said, I know of no one currently working or who has been offered employment in the legal field who knew about this site. This isn't meant to disparage this site as I think the threads that pertain to actual study strategy are solid. I just think the ones telling X person to not go to X or telling someone to go to X are horrible. Feel free to disagree with that, but the actual people that I know are not using TLS as their go to source. They seem to be coping just fine.


It is easier to give people advice if you make a few reasonable assumptions like that they want long term legal employment. If OP comes back to the thread and says don't worry guys I don't ever want to work as a lawyer, I'm just looking for a way to waste my parents' money, then I'll tell them to go to Stetson.

I don't really understand what your second paragraph is supposed to prove. TLS is a relatively new website. When I first started studying for the LSAT I think lawschooldiscussion was actually more popular than TLS. There are not a lot of practicing lawyers on the site because it didn't exist when they were going through law school. So just because you don't personally know anyone who uses TLS doesn't mean anything. There have been a ton of posters who have been helped by TLS so I don't really give a shit if you think threads like this are "horrible." They are necessary and helpful and it would be nice if you would stop ruining them with your terrible advice.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu May 17, 2012 7:59 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Seeing as I have collected survey results for an actual job, I think I know what statistics are.


Oh, she has done a survey folks. We can all go home now.

User avatar
TyrionLannister
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby TyrionLannister » Thu May 17, 2012 7:59 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
TyrionLannister wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Statistics are just a collection of anecdotes.


I don't think you know what the word 'statistics' means.

sta·tis·tics   [stuh-tis-tiks]
noun
1.( used with a singular verb ) the science that deals with the collection, classification, analysis, and interpretation of numerical facts or data, and that, by use of mathematical theories of probability, imposes order and regularity on aggregates of more or less disparate elements.


Seeing as I have collected survey results for an actual job, I think I know what statistics are.

Have a nice evening all. Off to.....do stuff. :D


Gotcha. Then 'anecdote' is the one you don't understand.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 8:02 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so, Lud. If you say so.

Enjoy your evening. :D


Good to end on a high note of reminding us that you don't know how the quote function works.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so, Lud. If you say so.

Enjoy your evening. :D


Good to end on a high note of reminding us that you don't know how the quote function works.


Never claimed perfection. That tends to happen when you are working on multiple projects at a time. I still wish you a good evening!

User avatar
TyrionLannister
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby TyrionLannister » Thu May 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Image

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby flem » Thu May 17, 2012 8:08 pm

BearsGrl wrote: You are also assuming that OP cares about long-term legal employment.


BearsGrl wrote:Statistics are just a collection of anecdotes.


If anyone wants a tl;dr version of this thread, here at the two highlights.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 8:09 pm

flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote: You are also assuming that OP cares about long-term legal employment.


BearsGrl wrote:Statistics are just a collection of anecdotes.


If anyone wants a tl;dr version of this thread, here at the two highlights.


Someone that uses the r-word should always be taken at face value.

Out for realz.

User avatar
turkishswat
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:34 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby turkishswat » Thu May 17, 2012 8:11 pm

flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote: You are also assuming that OP cares about long-term legal employment.


BearsGrl wrote:Statistics are just a collection of anecdotes.


If anyone wants a tl;dr version of this thread, here at the two highlights.


There is no way she is a real person...

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 8:13 pm

TyrionLannister wrote:Image


This took me a second but then I seriously lol'd.

User avatar
TyrionLannister
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby TyrionLannister » Thu May 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:This took me a second but then I seriously lol'd.


:D :D :D

Always makes me so sad when she leaves. She really is the best troll ever.

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby bigeast03 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:25 pm

After reading through another BearsGrl catastrophe, this still seems relevant:
bigeast03 wrote:Things I wish BearsGrl knew:

1.) Statistical evidence carries more weight than any anecdotal evidence.
2.) Anecdotal evidence will never disprove generalities, or as you so enjoy to say, "memes".
3.) Direct experience does not necessarily make you an expert on the subject. (e.g. living in Ca., OR visiting Stetson)
4.) Lack of direct experience does not mean you cannot know a substantial amount about a subject. (e.g. "People who don't live in Ca. can't tell me I'm wrong" OR "You can't know about a market if you haven't visited the area")


I hope beyond hope that she is a troll, because I don't want to live in a world with people who honestly believe the things she says. If OP is still reading, please see through the crazy and realize that neither school will provide much of a chance for gainful employment. Don't make your parents pay the debt-load for these options.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests