Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby stillwater » Thu May 17, 2012 6:40 pm

I am beginning to notice many parallels between what BearsGrl thinks are laudable attributes for law schools and what the Cooley rankings think are laudable attributes for law schools...

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:43 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:If you say so. :D


I know you think proximity of law building to undergrad campus is a great thing to base your decision on but the rest of the world and I are going to stick with employment prospects


This point was never stated but ok.


BearsGrl wrote:Both schools have different draws. One is attached to a campus setting, the other is a stand-alone building. Stetson's UG and law school are separate from one another.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Bearsgrl, let me ask you a question. Have you noticed how almost every thread you participate in explodes with people who disagree with you? Do you think that's because many of your thoughts aren't all that reasonable or do you have another explanation?


If it were not typical posters at every turn, then I would note the difference. However, that's not the case. So yes, I have my own explanation. :D Will I state that explanation? No need.

OP had a question. If your post isn't tangential to that, I don't see why there is a need to post.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:If you say so. :D


I know you think proximity of law building to undergrad campus is a great thing to base your decision on but the rest of the world and I are going to stick with employment prospects


This point was never stated but ok.


BearsGrl wrote:Both schools have different draws. One is attached to a campus setting, the other is a stand-alone building. Stetson's UG and law school are separate from one another.


It was already said pages ago that this wasn't the meaning of draw. It's not my fault if you failed to read that particular post.

Don't be mad because you don't busy yourself in your local city. Apparently you are fine with that opportunity cost. You've stated your opinion to OP, yet you're still around. It makes no sense why.
Last edited by BearsGrl on Thu May 17, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:46 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Bearsgrl, let me ask you a question. Have you noticed how almost every thread you participate in explodes with people who disagree with you? Do you think that's because many of your thoughts aren't all that reasonable or do you have another explanation?


If it were not typical posters at every turn, then I would note the difference. However, that's not the case. So yes, I have my own explanation. :D Will I state that explanation? No need.

OP had a question. If your post isn't tangential to that, I don't see why there is a need to post.


But it's not just the typical posters. There are regulars that are entertained by your trolling and like to post in all your threads, but in every thread there have been different people as well and know one has ever defended your point of view.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Thu May 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Oh Hai all!

Another one of these threads?

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:48 pm

BearsGrl wrote:It was already said pages ago that this wasn't the meaning of draw. It's not my fault if you failed to read that particular post.

Don't be mad because you don't busy yourself in your local city. Apparently you are fine with that opportunity cost. You've stated your opinion to OP, yet you're still around. It makes no sense why.


But you never explained yourself, you just said "I don't think draw means what you think it means. Perhaps, this is why you think the way in which you do."

So if you didn't mean "draw" as in a reason to prefer one law school over the other, then what did you mean?

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu May 17, 2012 6:49 pm

I swung by Nova two days ago to pick up a BlueBook. They didn't have one.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Bearsgrl, let me ask you a question. Have you noticed how almost every thread you participate in explodes with people who disagree with you? Do you think that's because many of your thoughts aren't all that reasonable or do you have another explanation?


If it were not typical posters at every turn, then I would note the difference. However, that's not the case. So yes, I have my own explanation. :D Will I state that explanation? No need.

OP had a question. If your post isn't tangential to that, I don't see why there is a need to post.


But it's not just the typical posters. There are regulars that are entertained by your trolling and like to post in all your threads, but in every thread there have been different people as well and know one has ever defended your point of view.


Know one? Huh? When I refer to typical posting, I refer to the notion that 7 or 8 out of 10 of the posters that continue to post are regulars. It amazes me that people become regular posters. I find that an extremely fascinating concept.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:50 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:I swung by Nova two days ago to pick up a BlueBook. They didn't have one.


Why would you buy any book at a school? And specifically, why would you buy a Bluebook on a campus? Unless your school offers a discount, it's cheaper at other locations.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu May 17, 2012 6:52 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:I swung by Nova two days ago to pick up a BlueBook. They didn't have one.


Why would you buy any book at a school? And specifically, why would you buy a Bluebook on a campus? Unless your school offers a discount, it's cheaper at other locations.


You're right, wish I would have thought of that. Drats.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:53 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Bearsgrl, let me ask you a question. Have you noticed how almost every thread you participate in explodes with people who disagree with you? Do you think that's because many of your thoughts aren't all that reasonable or do you have another explanation?


If it were not typical posters at every turn, then I would note the difference. However, that's not the case. So yes, I have my own explanation. :D Will I state that explanation? No need.

OP had a question. If your post isn't tangential to that, I don't see why there is a need to post.


But it's not just the typical posters. There are regulars that are entertained by your trolling and like to post in all your threads, but in every thread there have been different people as well and know one has ever defended your point of view.


Know one? Huh? When I refer to typical posting, I refer to the notion that 7 or 8 out of 10 of the posters that continue to post are regulars. It amazes me that people become regular posters. I find that an extremely fascinating concept.


1. Apology for the typo.

2. Why does it matter if most of the people are regulars when it's still everyone who disagrees with you?

3. You have 4.26 posts per day. You can't keep pretending that you are so much better than us loser "regulars" hanging out on a Thursday night when you're doing the same thing and post just as much

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
1. Apology for the typo.

2. Why does it matter if most of the people are regulars when it's still everyone who disagrees with you?

3. You have 4.26 posts per day. You can't keep pretending that you are so much better than us loser "regulars" hanging out on a Thursday night when you're doing the same thing and post just as much


:D to point #1. I was just having fun with ya.

The fact that people care how many times someone posts a day tells me that you're a regular and unless you work for any website and are getting paid/earning internship credits, I just find this comical. It's like you having one of those badges that people get on a site like Daily Kos or Huffington Post or something. I just find that stuff funny.

Also, why would I care if someone disagrees with me? Is my life or future job predicated on who agrees with me on an internet site? No. If you wish to guide your life by statistical data, then go ahead and do so. But predicate all of your future statements with this caveat. If I did this, I know that my resume would be totally different than where it stands as of now and I wouldn't have had select opportunities. To each his or her own considerations.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 7:09 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
1. Apology for the typo.

2. Why does it matter if most of the people are regulars when it's still everyone who disagrees with you?

3. You have 4.26 posts per day. You can't keep pretending that you are so much better than us loser "regulars" hanging out on a Thursday night when you're doing the same thing and post just as much


:D to point #1. I was just having fun with ya.

The fact that people care how many times someone posts a day tells me that you're a regular and unless you work for any website and are getting paid/earning internship credits, I just find this comical. It's like you having one of those badges that people get on a site like Daily Kos or Huffington Post or something. I just find that stuff funny.

Also, why would I care if someone disagrees with me? Is my life or future job predicated on who agrees with me on an internet site? No. If you wish to guide your life by statistical data, then go ahead and do so. But predicate all of your future statements with this caveat. If I did this, I know that my resume would be totally different than where it stands as of now and I wouldn't have had select opportunities. To each his or her own considerations.


It wasn't that hard to just click on your profile and see how much you post. I don't care if you post a lot, it's just stupid to shit on somebody for being a regular when you're pretty much a regular too.

Nobody is saying "guide your life by statistical data." We're saying don't go to shitty law schools and we know that Stetson is a shitty law school because of statistical data.

User avatar
TyrionLannister
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby TyrionLannister » Thu May 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Image

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
1. Apology for the typo.

2. Why does it matter if most of the people are regulars when it's still everyone who disagrees with you?

3. You have 4.26 posts per day. You can't keep pretending that you are so much better than us loser "regulars" hanging out on a Thursday night when you're doing the same thing and post just as much


:D to point #1. I was just having fun with ya.

The fact that people care how many times someone posts a day tells me that you're a regular and unless you work for any website and are getting paid/earning internship credits, I just find this comical. It's like you having one of those badges that people get on a site like Daily Kos or Huffington Post or something. I just find that stuff funny.

Also, why would I care if someone disagrees with me? Is my life or future job predicated on who agrees with me on an internet site? No. If you wish to guide your life by statistical data, then go ahead and do so. But predicate all of your future statements with this caveat. If I did this, I know that my resume would be totally different than where it stands as of now and I wouldn't have had select opportunities. To each his or her own considerations.


It wasn't that hard to just click on your profile and see how much you post. I don't care if you post a lot, it's just stupid to shit on somebody for being a regular when you're pretty much a regular too.

Nobody is saying "guide your life by statistical data." We're saying don't go to shitty law schools and we know that Stetson is a shitty law school because of statistical data.


If you say so.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 7:14 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so.


I think everyone says so. You're the only one that doesn't.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu May 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so.


I think everyone says so. You're the only one that doesn't.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby stillwater » Thu May 17, 2012 7:16 pm

BearsGrl, what makes you tick?

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so.


I think everyone says so. You're the only one that doesn't.


By everyone, you should predicate that with everyone on TLS, which essentially means no one. You judge everything by statistics, you should know that.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby flem » Thu May 17, 2012 7:23 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so.


I think everyone says so. You're the only one that doesn't.


By everyone, you should predicate that with everyone on TLS, which essentially means no one. You judge everything by statistics, you should know that.


At least this group won't get debtpwned because they know how to do research.

User avatar
ScratchableItch
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby ScratchableItch » Thu May 17, 2012 7:23 pm

BearsGrl wrote: If you wish to guide your life by statistical data, then go ahead and do so. But predicate all of your future statements with this caveat. If I did this, I know that my resume would be totally different than where it stands as of now and I wouldn't have had select opportunities. To each his or her own considerations.

As opposed to what? The essentially subjective data you've given in this thread?

I don't get it.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 7:24 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so.


I think everyone says so. You're the only one that doesn't.


By everyone, you should predicate that with everyone on TLS, which essentially means no one. You judge everything by statistics, you should know that.


If there are people as informed about law school admissions and legal job prospects as the people on TLS, find them and I'm sure they'll disagree with you too.

I don't judge everything by statistics. I judge law schools by employment statistics, which is what any sane person would do.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Thu May 17, 2012 7:24 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so.


I think everyone says so. You're the only one that doesn't.


By everyone, you should predicate that with everyone on TLS, which essentially means no one. You judge everything by statistics, you should know that.


We are all Ken?

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
If you say so.


I think everyone says so. You're the only one that doesn't.


By everyone, you should predicate that with everyone on TLS, which essentially means no one. You judge everything by statistics, you should know that.


If there are people as informed about law school admissions and legal job prospects as the people on TLS, find them and I'm sure they'll disagree with you too.

I don't judge everything by statistics. I judge law schools by employment statistics, which is what any sane person would do.


This is a given. I don't know why you would assume that people posting wouldn't be doing the same analysis.

Your statements just don't bear out on the actual people that I know. So if you would like to base your analysis off of old data, go right ahead.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests