Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:07 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
What do you think I should be doing with my time?


You opportunity cost however you want. I just find your opportunity cost comical. I thought you lived in Chi though. Apparently you think there is nothing to do in Chi. Why you would choose to live in a city with nothing to do is beyond me.

Get back on topic. I thought that was the point of this post. Put your personal gripes aside and leave the thread.


I get your point that it would be a better use of my time to go out and do something, but why is it different for a 0l? What are you doing that exempts you from being made fun of for not going out? Are you memorizing E&Es and outlining Getting to Maybe?

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby flem » Thu May 17, 2012 6:07 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
You opportunity cost however you want. I just find your opportunity cost comical. I thought you lived in Chi though. Apparently you think there is nothing to do in Chi. Why you would choose to live in a city with nothing to do is beyond me.

Get back on topic. I thought that was the point of this post. Put your personal gripes aside and leave the thread.


I always appreciate how you derail these threads and then bitch at everyone else to get back on topic.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Then don't go to Stetson, bro.


But you told me it was a solid Florida school. What am I missing?


Too many to list.


Please just list a few then. Otherwise I will assume you are admitting defeat in this argument.


Get back on topic.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:09 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Get back on topic.


That is the topic.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
What do you think I should be doing with my time?


You opportunity cost however you want. I just find your opportunity cost comical. I thought you lived in Chi though. Apparently you think there is nothing to do in Chi. Why you would choose to live in a city with nothing to do is beyond me.

Get back on topic. I thought that was the point of this post. Put your personal gripes aside and leave the thread.


I get your point that it would be a better use of my time to go out and do something, but why is it different for a 0l? What are you doing that exempts you from being made fun of for not going out? Are you memorizing E&Es and outlining Getting to Maybe?


Not a better use of your time, but an actual use of your time. But hey, if you think your life is perfect, then continue.

I will not share my current activities. I am aware of the above items though. :D

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu May 17, 2012 6:12 pm

BearsGrl wrote:If it weren't the typical posters, then I'd generally agree. But if posters want to imply that there isn't competition wherever one attends school, then I think it's a false/moot talking point.


You keep harping on competition... I think you misunderstand it. There is negligible competition between a stetson grad and a t-14 or even 1st school in the region grad. Saying "competition is competition" is no different than actually believing that "hustle" will get you a good job from a bad school. Granted, responses are becoming somewhat malicious, because your arguments are annoying people. That's just the nature of TLS; we're an easily annoyed crowd. But that doesn't mean that they're wrong in what they're saying. Sure, there's "competition" wherever you attend school. Everyone competes for grades. Your [the general you, not your in particular] grades aren't worth much when no one is hiring grads from the school you attend. I'm trying to stay on my nice side here, but it bugs me when someone's question gets derailed because someone else insists on trying to silence those who disagree with the choice to go to a school with terrible, terrible prospects.

Another note: the "typical posters" become such because they know what they're talking about, generally.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Get back on topic.


That is the topic.


The OP's topic is not about anything being recently discussed. RC fail.

Either you have: 1) Go to Stetson. 2) Don't go to Stetson. 3) Go to Nova. 4) Don't go to NSU. 5) Retake.

So yes, get back on topic.

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ruxin1 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:14 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
What do you think I should be doing with my time?


You opportunity cost however you want. I just find your opportunity cost comical. I thought you lived in Chi though. Apparently you think there is nothing to do in Chi. Why you would choose to live in a city with nothing to do is beyond me.

Get back on topic. I thought that was the point of this post. Put your personal gripes aside and leave the thread.


I get your point that it would be a better use of my time to go out and do something, but why is it different for a 0l? What are you doing that exempts you from being made fun of for not going out? Are you memorizing E&Es and outlining Getting to Maybe?


Not a better use of your time, but an actual use of your time. But hey, if you think your life is perfect, then continue.

I will not share my current activities. I am aware of the above items though. :D


You can just tell us your making a pro/con list for each supreme court justice and deciding which one should let you clerk for them

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu May 17, 2012 6:15 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Get back on topic.


That is the topic.


The OP's topic is not about anything being recently discussed. RC fail.

Either you have: 1) Go to Stetson. 2) Don't go to Stetson. 3) Go to Nova. 4) Don't go to NSU. 5) Retake.

So yes, get back on topic.


You have stated people should go to Stetson:
BearsGrl wrote:Stetson. I've been to both Nova and Stetson. Stetson has a solid reputation within the state of FL. Choose it over Nova. It won't keep you tied to Tampa.



And also that they shouldn't:
BearsGrl wrote:Then don't go to Stetson, bro.


The people want clarification. That's the topic.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:17 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:If it weren't the typical posters, then I'd generally agree. But if posters want to imply that there isn't competition wherever one attends school, then I think it's a false/moot talking point.


You keep harping on competition... I think you misunderstand it. There is negligible competition between a stetson grad and a t-14 or even 1st school in the region grad. Saying "competition is competition" is no different than actually believing that "hustle" will get you a good job from a bad school. Granted, responses are becoming somewhat malicious, because your arguments are annoying people. That's just the nature of TLS; we're an easily annoyed crowd. But that doesn't mean that they're wrong in what they're saying. Sure, there's "competition" wherever you attend school. Everyone competes for grades. Your [the general you, not your in particular] grades aren't worth much when no one is hiring grads from the school you attend. I'm trying to stay on my nice side here, but it bugs me when someone's question gets derailed because someone else insists on trying to silence those who disagree with the choice to go to a school with terrible, terrible prospects.

Another note: the "typical posters" become such because they know what they're talking about, generally.


Assume that the typical posters above always troll threads that I'm in. That's why there is the constant back and forth. People can disagree with my statement in saying that I believe Stetson is a solid Florida school option. However, it looks like the individual doesn't want to go or at least didn't apply to T-14 schools that are options. The consideration was Stetson and Nova Southeastern. As someone that has physically been in Florida so that I have talked to actual Florida residents and people in the legal industry, they have stated that Stetson is a better option than Nova. Because a school is considered better doesn't mean that everyone should go to that particular school. My main point has been that people with non-FL ties are commenting to a FL specific question.

I appreciate your willingness to be nice. And I understand your statement about the derailing of the thread. That was not my intent. I have asked for responses to get back on topic so hopefully that problem is curbed.

I disagree with your last comment. Posters become typical because they prefer to comment instead of participate in other activities. Both are assumptions. However, I just tend to disagree with your overall point. I know non-TLS people that have gone against the statements that the "typical posters" put forth.
Last edited by BearsGrl on Thu May 17, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:17 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Get back on topic.


That is the topic.


The OP's topic is not about anything being recently discussed. RC fail.

Either you have: 1) Go to Stetson. 2) Don't go to Stetson. 3) Go to Nova. 4) Don't go to NSU. 5) Retake.

So yes, get back on topic.


Ok back on topic. You told OP to go to Stetson. Stetson places about 60% of it's graduates in long term legal employment. Explain why OP should go to a school with such shitty employment stats?

Please answer without using the word competition or assumption.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby flem » Thu May 17, 2012 6:19 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Assume that the typical posters above always troll threads that I'm in.


Countering your uninformed advice with actual employment statistics is not trolling. HTH.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:
You can just tell us your making a pro/con list for each supreme court justice and deciding which one should let you clerk for them


If we were all so lucky.... :D

How this deals with OP's topic, I have no clue.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Get back on topic.


That is the topic.


The OP's topic is not about anything being recently discussed. RC fail.

Either you have: 1) Go to Stetson. 2) Don't go to Stetson. 3) Go to Nova. 4) Don't go to NSU. 5) Retake.

So yes, get back on topic.


You have stated people should go to Stetson:
BearsGrl wrote:Stetson. I've been to both Nova and Stetson. Stetson has a solid reputation within the state of FL. Choose it over Nova. It won't keep you tied to Tampa.



And also that they shouldn't:
BearsGrl wrote:Then don't go to Stetson, bro.


The people want clarification. That's the topic.


I stated no such thing.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:21 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Assume that the typical posters above always troll threads that I'm in. That's why there is the constant back and forth. People can disagree with my statement in saying that I believe Stetson is a solid Florida school option. However, it looks like the individual doesn't want to go or at least didn't apply to T-14 schools that are options. The consideration was Stetson and Nova Southeastern. As someone that has physically been in Florida so that I have talked to actual Florida residents and people in the legal industry, they have stated that Stetson is a better option than Nova. Because a school is considered better doesn't mean that everyone should go to that particular school. My main point has been that people with non-FL ties are commenting to a FL specific question.

I appreciate your willingness to be nice. And I understand your statement about the derailing of the thread. That was not my intent. I have asked for responses to get back on topic so hopefully that problem is curbed.


1. I'm not trolling you. I'm like 99% sure you are a troll but respond to you anyway just in case gullible OPs listen to your life ruining advice

2. Absolutely nothing about the OP indicated that they just didn't want to go to a better school. OPs numbers are keeping them from going to a better school, which is why they need to retake or not go

3. This is NOT a FL specific question. I've never been to Florida and it doesn't matter at all. I can read employment statistics. OP didn't ask where should I live in Tampa Bay or some shit. They asked which one of these two abysmal TTT shitholes should I go to, and everyone was giving OP the correct advice - retake or don't go - until you came along.

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ruxin1 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:
You can just tell us your making a pro/con list for each supreme court justice and deciding which one should let you clerk for them


If we were all so lucky.... :D

How this deals with OP's topic, I have no clue.


OP - RETAKE THE LSAT

/Thread

BearsGrl crawl back into your hole, we have paid the troll toll

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
As someone that has physically been in Florida so that I have talked to actual Florida residents and people in the legal industry, they have stated that Stetson is a better option than Nova. Because a school is considered better doesn't mean that everyone should go to that particular school. My main point has been that people with non-FL ties are commenting to a FL specific question.



This kind of statement is where a lot of the frustration that regular posters have occurs. Sure, Stetson might be better than Nova. But it's not mean, off-topic, or trolling to tell that person they shouldn't choose either option, and to tell them why. To say that only people who have talked to Florida residents can comment on the available employment statistics is to do the OP a disservice. People who have read these statistics, understand the state of the legal market, and want to give the OP advice have every right and ability to do so. You're free to disagree, but it's unfair (and frankly, asking for this kind of firefight) to act as if people are not allowed to give that advice.

The teacher in me is trying to mediate. Anyway, carry on.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 pm

flem wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Assume that the typical posters above always troll threads that I'm in.


Countering your uninformed advice with actual employment statistics is not trolling. HTH.


That was not. I didn't claim that person was a troll. :D I also didn't claim that the stats were wrong or shouldn't be considered.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:27 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
As someone that has physically been in Florida so that I have talked to actual Florida residents and people in the legal industry, they have stated that Stetson is a better option than Nova. Because a school is considered better doesn't mean that everyone should go to that particular school. My main point has been that people with non-FL ties are commenting to a FL specific question.



This kind of statement is where a lot of the frustration that regular posters have occurs. Sure, Stetson might be better than Nova. But it's not mean, off-topic, or trolling to tell that person they shouldn't choose either option, and to tell them why. To say that only people who have talked to Florida residents can comment on the available employment statistics is to do the OP a disservice. People who have read these statistics, understand the state of the legal market, and want to give the OP advice have every right and ability to do so. You're free to disagree, but it's unfair (and frankly, asking for this kind of firefight) to act as if people are not allowed to give that advice.

The teacher in me is trying to mediate. Anyway, carry on.


Understood. And if those types of comments were done with more decorum and well-reasoning, then I would understand. However, every thread is laid out with retake as the first answer. OP has to make the best decision for them. It appears that OP applied to FL specific schools. The OP said that they had applied to Miami but was waitlisted. It is a fair assumption, unless stated in the future, that OP would like to go to a FL school. If that is OP's main objective, then going to Stetson is a viable option. Now, everyone can define "viable" to their own liking, but NALP is only one reason to do so.

I can appreciate your overall decency, even if I still disagree about your statement on posters. Agree to disagree on that is totally ok in this instance.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:31 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
As someone that has physically been in Florida so that I have talked to actual Florida residents and people in the legal industry, they have stated that Stetson is a better option than Nova. Because a school is considered better doesn't mean that everyone should go to that particular school. My main point has been that people with non-FL ties are commenting to a FL specific question.



This kind of statement is where a lot of the frustration that regular posters have occurs. Sure, Stetson might be better than Nova. But it's not mean, off-topic, or trolling to tell that person they shouldn't choose either option, and to tell them why. To say that only people who have talked to Florida residents can comment on the available employment statistics is to do the OP a disservice. People who have read these statistics, understand the state of the legal market, and want to give the OP advice have every right and ability to do so. You're free to disagree, but it's unfair (and frankly, asking for this kind of firefight) to act as if people are not allowed to give that advice.

The teacher in me is trying to mediate. Anyway, carry on.


Understood. And if those types of comments were done with more decorum and well-reasoning, then I would understand. However, every thread is laid out with retake as the first answer. OP has to make the best decision for them. It appears that OP applied to FL specific schools. The OP said that they had applied to Miami but was waitlisted. It is a fair assumption, unless stated in the future, that OP would like to go to a FL school. If that is OP's main objective, then going to Stetson is a viable option. Now, everyone can define "viable" to their own liking, but NALP is only one reason to do so.

I can appreciate your overall decency, even if I still disagree about your statement on posters. Agree to disagree on that is totally ok in this instance.


Nobody said retake and only go to a T14. If OP wants to work in FL then they should retake and at least go to a better FL school. The job prospects from either one of those schools are atrocious and unless OP has a guaranteed job after graduation or has a trust fund to live off of for the rest of their life then job prospects should be the overwhelmingly most important factor to consider.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby stillwater » Thu May 17, 2012 6:35 pm

.
Last edited by stillwater on Wed May 30, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
As someone that has physically been in Florida so that I have talked to actual Florida residents and people in the legal industry, they have stated that Stetson is a better option than Nova. Because a school is considered better doesn't mean that everyone should go to that particular school. My main point has been that people with non-FL ties are commenting to a FL specific question.



This kind of statement is where a lot of the frustration that regular posters have occurs. Sure, Stetson might be better than Nova. But it's not mean, off-topic, or trolling to tell that person they shouldn't choose either option, and to tell them why. To say that only people who have talked to Florida residents can comment on the available employment statistics is to do the OP a disservice. People who have read these statistics, understand the state of the legal market, and want to give the OP advice have every right and ability to do so. You're free to disagree, but it's unfair (and frankly, asking for this kind of firefight) to act as if people are not allowed to give that advice.

The teacher in me is trying to mediate. Anyway, carry on.


Understood. And if those types of comments were done with more decorum and well-reasoning, then I would understand. However, every thread is laid out with retake as the first answer. OP has to make the best decision for them. It appears that OP applied to FL specific schools. The OP said that they had applied to Miami but was waitlisted. It is a fair assumption, unless stated in the future, that OP would like to go to a FL school. If that is OP's main objective, then going to Stetson is a viable option. Now, everyone can define "viable" to their own liking, but NALP is only one reason to do so.

I can appreciate your overall decency, even if I still disagree about your statement on posters. Agree to disagree on that is totally ok in this instance.


Nobody said retake and only go to a T14. If OP wants to work in FL then they should retake and at least go to a better FL school. The job prospects from either one of those schools are atrocious and unless OP has a guaranteed job after graduation or has a trust fund to live off of for the rest of their life then job prospects should be the overwhelmingly most important factor to consider.


If you say so. :D

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Ludo! » Thu May 17, 2012 6:37 pm

BearsGrl wrote:If you say so. :D


I know you think proximity of law building to undergrad campus is a great thing to base your decision on but the rest of the world and I are going to stick with employment prospects

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu May 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Bearsgrl, let me ask you a question. Have you noticed how almost every thread you participate in explodes with people who disagree with you? Do you think that's because many of your thoughts aren't all that reasonable or do you have another explanation?

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???

Postby BearsGrl » Thu May 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:If you say so. :D


I know you think proximity of law building to undergrad campus is a great thing to base your decision on but the rest of the world and I are going to stick with employment prospects


This point was never stated but ok.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MikkelVilla, mtf612 and 5 guests