BC v. Emory

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
loklamora

BC v. Emory

Postby loklamora » Wed May 09, 2012 12:14 pm

So I had been planning on going to Emory with a half scholly. Last week BC took me off their wait list and offered me a half scholly. BC's higher median salary and better nlj numbers seems to make the choice a no brainer. Without taking location into account (I am not from Boston or Atlanta but have ties to the north east and south east) would yall agree? Is Boston more insular than Atlanta (aka will I have a harder time being out of state in Boston getting a job than in Atlanta)? Any other relevant considerations?

de5igual

Re: BC v. Emory

Postby de5igual » Wed May 09, 2012 12:19 pm

I think the amount of insularity is comparable—meaning if you attend either school and have some convincing argument, you shouldn't have a ties barrier in their respective market. If costs are equal and you're really indifferent between the northeast and southeast (two very different places), go with BC.

top30man

Re: BC v. Emory

Postby top30man » Wed May 09, 2012 12:26 pm

f0bolous wrote:I think the amount of insularity is comparable—meaning if you attend either school and have some convincing argument, you shouldn't have a ties barrier in their respective market. If costs are equal and you're really indifferent between the northeast and southeast (two very different places), go with BC.

I would agree with this. BC certainly does much better than emory. The areas are very different though so that's your call.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”