Power of Penn Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
HeavenWood

Gold

Re: Power of Penn

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 10, 2012 1:02 am

I didn't think this thread could get any dumber, but yet...

Borg

Bronze

Post by Borg » Thu May 10, 2012 1:14 am

HeavenWood wrote:I didn't think this thread could get any dumber, but yet...
I think the tiers are really more like HYSP CCNV MB GCND. Penn has a good business school that magically rubs off on everything around it and makes it prestigious, so most Penn kids work in investment banks instead of law firms. Also everyone somehow knows NYU is on the way down because people just realized it's not an Ivy.

Sorry, not sure if I made it dumber or just summed up what's already been said. I tried.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 10, 2012 1:20 am

Borg wrote:
I think the tiers are really more like HYSP CCNV MB GCND. Penn has a good business school that magically rubs off on everything around it and makes it prestigious, so most Penn kids work in investment banks instead of law firms. Also everyone somehow knows NYU is on the way down because people just realized it's not an Ivy.

Sorry, not sure if I made it dumber or just summed up what's already been said. I tried.
No, your anti-Penn trolling is equally annoying.

Borg

Bronze

Post by Borg » Thu May 10, 2012 1:28 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Borg wrote:

No, your anti-Penn trolling is equally annoying.
I didn't realize that pointing out that Penn Law doesn't get magic Wharton fairy dust on it or suggesting that the schools ranked above it have legitimate advantages counts as anti-Penn trolling. I'm excited to read your smarter comments.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:30 am

Borg wrote:

lol what r u talking about, its obviously P HYCC[ornell] . . . Ys bschool sucks, the wharton kids rubbing off all over pennlaws clearly elevates their dignity & preftige. & fucking wharton kids tell those HBS proles not to scratch the paint when they park their lambos at the CC, so H is clearly inferior. as for the rest of the T14?

S? NO IVY PREFTIGE
NYU? NO IVY PREFTIGE, DOWNTOWN PROLES
Chi? RIGOR...BUT NO IVY PREFTIGE
M? LOL PUBLIC
V? Id., & HICK PROLES TO BOOT
B? LOL U SRS?
GULC? GTFO
D? HICKS

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 10, 2012 1:32 am

Borg wrote: I didn't realize that pointing out that Penn Law doesn't get magic Wharton fairy dust on it or suggesting that the schools ranked above it have legitimate advantages counts as anti-Penn trolling. I'm excited to read your smarter comments.
Here ya go:
HeavenWood wrote: As for this whole "where does Penn belong?" debate, while its placement is superior to MV, it's also not quite on the level of CCN. PVM probably applies more than anything else, but since MVP is an inherently better acronym, I'll just stick with that.
See, I don't disagree with your general message. Your mode of delivery is just rather irksome.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Thu May 10, 2012 1:32 am

sundance95 wrote:S? NO IVY PREFTIGE
NYU? NO IVY PREFTIGE, DOWNTOWN PROLES
Chi? RIGOR...BUT NO IVY PREFTIGE
M? LOL PUBLIC
V? Id., & HICK PROLES TO BOOT
B? LOL U SRS?
GULC? GTFO
D? HICKS
Only good part of this monstrosity of a thread.

Borg

Bronze

Post by Borg » Thu May 10, 2012 1:33 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Borg wrote: I didn't realize that pointing out that Penn Law doesn't get magic Wharton fairy dust on it or suggesting that the schools ranked above it have legitimate advantages counts as anti-Penn trolling. I'm excited to read your smarter comments.
Here ya go:
HeavenWood wrote: As for this whole "where does Penn belong?" debate, while its placement is superior to MV, it's also not quite on the level of CCN. PVM probably applies more than anything else, but since MVP is an inherently better acronym, I'll just stick with that.
See, I don't disagree with your general message. Your mode of delivery is just rather irksome.
You must have just dropped your monocle right off of your face when you read my boorish comments. I do apologize for being so shocking.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 10, 2012 1:38 am

Borg wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Here ya go:
You must have just dropped your monocle right off of your face when you read my boorish comments. I do apologize for being so shocking.
Dickz gonna be dickz, breh.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Borg

Bronze

Post by Borg » Thu May 10, 2012 1:40 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Borg wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Here ya go:
Dickz gonna be dickz, breh.
I'm sorry, as you can tell I haven't been using this site for very long. I think the term that I am supposed to say here is something like "lame comment is lame."

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:43 am

HW, come on mang, we was bros back when your 'tar was a golf club. I mean way back, LSAT times. don't tell me you all that IVY PREFTIGE done changed ya now. we came up together!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 10, 2012 1:44 am

Borg wrote: I'm sorry, as you can tell I haven't been using this site for very long. I think the term that I am supposed to say here is something like "lame comment is lame."
That would just be parroting what I said, but you're definitely on the right track. You'd be best to post a U Penn State meme.
sundance95 wrote:HW, come on mang, we was bros back when your 'tar was a golf club. I mean way back, LSAT times. don't tell me you all that IVY PREFTIGE done changed ya now. we came up together!
Naw man, you're being funny about it, which I appreciate. I just think this thread is pretty much otherwise full of fail. Please expect this shoddily-made Penn meme (which won't image-link for some reason) as a token of my appreciation:

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3p7wyl/

Borg

Bronze

Post by Borg » Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Borg wrote: I'm sorry, as you can tell I haven't been using this site for very long. I think the term that I am supposed to say here is something like "lame comment is lame."
That would just be parroting what I said, but you're definitely on the right track. You'd be best to post a U Penn State meme.
sundance95 wrote:HW, come on mang, we was bros back when your 'tar was a golf club. I mean way back, LSAT times. don't tell me you all that IVY PREFTIGE done changed ya now. we came up together!
Naw man, you're being funny about it, which I appreciate. I just think this thread is pretty much otherwise full of fail.

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

Okay did I get it right now?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Naw man, you're being funny about it, which I appreciate. I just think this thread is pretty much otherwise full of fail. Please expect this shoddily-made Penn meme (which won't image-link for some reason) as a token of my appreciation:

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3p7wyl/
--ImageRemoved--

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 am

Borg wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Naw man, you're being funny about it, which I appreciate. I just think this thread is pretty much otherwise full of fail.

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

Okay did I get it right now?
Your posts remind me very much of a young LSAThopeful2.

Borg

Bronze

Post by Borg » Thu May 10, 2012 1:54 am

HeavenWood wrote: Your posts remind me very much of a young LSAThopeful2.
Here is this good? http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3p7x07/ I think I did it now.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 10, 2012 1:56 am

Borg wrote:[quote="HeavenWood"
Here is this good? http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3p7x07/ I think I did it now.[/quote]
No, that was the very meme you ninja-edited out I was referring to. Look up lshopeful2 and you'll see what you don't want to turn into.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Borg

Bronze

Post by Borg » Thu May 10, 2012 1:57 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Borg wrote:[quote="HeavenWood"
Here is this good? http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3p7x07/ I think I did it now.
No, that was the very meme you ninja-edited out I was referring to. Look up lshopeful2 and you'll see what you don't want to turn into.[/quote]

I wasn't trying to ninja-edit out anything. I was trying to make it appear because I didn't think it worked before. Does it bother you that you have been on this message board long enough to see posters come and go, and that you remember their names?

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:00 am

I've never understood the wolf meme.

You know, in the old days, we'd just take a thread like this out back and picwhore it 'til it learned better, or died. And we didn't much care which happened neither.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 am

Borg wrote: I wasn't trying to ninja-edit out anything. I was trying to make it appear because I didn't think it worked before. Does it bother you that you have been on this message board long enough to see posters come and go, and that you remember their names?
I have the kind of memory where I retain a lot of things whether I want to or not, like my grade school best friend's home phone number or the average annual snowfall in Indianapolis, so no, not really.

But that kind of sarcasm-laced insult is a step in the right direction. I have faith in you yet, grasshopper.
sundance95 wrote:I've never understood the wolf meme.

You know, in the old days, we'd just take a thread like this out back and picwhore it 'til it learned better, or died. And we didn't much care which happened neither.
We've grown soft, man.

Napt

Bronze

Post by Napt » Thu May 10, 2012 2:06 am

lol penn kids in the FIGHT OF THEIR LIVES to prove that penn has even a shred of prestige itt

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 10, 2012 2:09 am

Napt wrote:lol penn kids in the FIGHT OF THEIR LIVES to prove that penn has even a shred of prestige itt
Inorite? Should have gone to Princeton.

Borg

Bronze

Post by Borg » Thu May 10, 2012 2:48 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Borg wrote: I wasn't trying to ninja-edit out anything. I was trying to make it appear because I didn't think it worked before. Does it bother you that you have been on this message board long enough to see posters come and go, and that you remember their names?
I have the kind of memory where I retain a lot of things whether I want to or not, like my grade school best friend's home phone number or the average annual snowfall in Indianapolis, so no, not really.

But that kind of sarcasm-laced insult is a step in the right direction. I have faith in you yet, grasshopper.
This sounds a lot like Dwight Schrute. Can you raise and lower your cholesterol at will too?

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:53 am

Borg wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

This sounds a lot like Dwight Schrute. Can you raise and lower your cholesterol at will too?
This was funny. Borg you're still a d-bag.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Thu May 10, 2012 2:58 am

Will Williams is completely off his rocker. For NYC focused schools, V10 placement is the currency of prestige. Summer classes at places like S&C have like 20 NYU and 3-4 Penn. For 2011, DPW NY had 13 NYU and 3 Penn. Cleary was 23 NYU, 5 Penn. NYU is less than 2x as big as Penn.

Look, Penn has an edge in NYC placement over MVBDN. That's because NY offices throughout the V100 are willing to take a few Penn grads each year, and with their small class that's enough. But HLS, CLS and NYU are the only schools with the pipeline into top NYC firms where they send 10-20 people to a single firm.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”