Power of Penn

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
willwilliams1334
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Power of Penn

Postby willwilliams1334 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:47 am

Penn does not garner enough recognition, either in USNWR or on TLS. School has great placement, perhaps the best location, and a fantastic alumni network that squarely encompasses the corporate world (Wharton). IMO, CCNP

NJPitcher
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby NJPitcher » Tue May 08, 2012 2:18 am

Image

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby law2015 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:20 am

"perhaps the best location" LMAO!

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby goldeneye » Tue May 08, 2012 2:32 am

law2015 wrote:"perhaps the best location" LMAO!


Image

11-5000
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby 11-5000 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:34 am

I still think the sword would win at least 9 times out of 10.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Power of Penn

Postby Veyron » Tue May 08, 2012 2:45 am

willwilliams1334 wrote:Penn does not garner enough recognition, either in USNWR or on TLS. School has great placement, perhaps the best location, and a fantastic alumni network that squarely encompasses the corporate world (Wharton). IMO, CPCN


FTFY

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby goldeneye » Tue May 08, 2012 2:53 am

11-5000 wrote:I still think the sword would win at least 9 times out of 10.


+1 to you.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby 071816 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:03 am

I hear their football team used to be pretty good.

User avatar
Sherwood2014
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby Sherwood2014 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:06 am

Veyron wrote:
willwilliams1334 wrote:Penn does not garner enough recognition, either in USNWR or on TLS. School has great placement, perhaps the best location, and a fantastic alumni network that squarely encompasses the corporate world (Wharton). IMO, CPCN


FTFY

Perhaps next year Penn will be T-6. Until then, PBV.

Football wise: Penn has never lost to an SEC team. :shock:

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby Bronck » Tue May 08, 2012 3:16 am

Sherwood2014 wrote:
Veyron wrote:
willwilliams1334 wrote:Penn does not garner enough recognition, either in USNWR or on TLS. School has great placement, perhaps the best location, and a fantastic alumni network that squarely encompasses the corporate world (Wharton). IMO, CPCN


FTFY

Perhaps next year Penn will be T-6. Until then, PBV.

Football wise: Penn has never lost to an SEC team. :shock:


No, way too much raw score to make up

Betharl
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby Betharl » Tue May 08, 2012 3:24 am

Unfortunately, I think Penn's reputation has taken a hit because of the whole Sandusky thing. I realize the law school had nothing to do with it, but that's life.

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby goldeneye » Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 am

.
Last edited by goldeneye on Thu May 09, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby justicefishy » Tue May 08, 2012 3:34 am

goldeneye wrote:
Betharl wrote:Unfortunately, I think Penn's reputation has taken a hit because of the whole Sandusky thing. I realize the law school had nothing to do with it, but that's life.


Wrong school....

--ImageRemoved--


That's the joke. I think.

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby shoeshine » Tue May 08, 2012 3:36 am

Betharl wrote:Unfortunately, I think Penn's reputation has taken a hit because of the whole Sandusky thing. I realize the law school had nothing to do with it, but that's life.


This. This right here is why Penn gets no credit.

People outside of Pennsylvania don't know the difference between Penn and Penn State.

User avatar
breadbucket
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby breadbucket » Tue May 08, 2012 3:38 am

goldeneye wrote:
Betharl wrote:Unfortunately, I think Penn's reputation has taken a hit because of the whole Sandusky thing. I realize the law school had nothing to do with it, but that's life.


Wrong school....

--ImageRemoved--


Think you need to recheck your facts, everyone knows Penn U =Penn State, it has to do with the Endowment

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby shoeshine » Tue May 08, 2012 3:43 am

Also... best location? Really?

Philadelphia is the last place on earth I want to spend three years.

T14 - Locations go like this.

Stanford>Berkeley>NYU>Columbia>GULC>Suburban/Rural College Towns (M, D, V, Y, H,C)>NU>Chicago>>>>>>>>>>Penn

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby goldeneye » Tue May 08, 2012 3:45 am

.
Last edited by goldeneye on Thu May 09, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby goldeneye » Tue May 08, 2012 3:46 am

shoeshine wrote:Also... best location? Really?

Philadelphia is the last place on earth I want to spend three years.

T14 - Locations go like this.

Stanford>Berkeley>NYU>Columbia>GULC>Suburban/Rural College Towns (M, D, V, Y, H,C)>NU>Chicago>>>>>>>>>>Penn


Philly > Ithaca for me. Chances of other people killing me are lower than killing myself in Ithaca.

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby bceagles182 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:48 am

Jesus. The people in this thread need to get a sense of humor. Everyone on this board knows the difference between Penn State and Penn. People are intentionally confusing the two because they know it pisses Penn people off when the general public does that.

And FWIW, I've lived in Boston, NYC, DC and Philly. Even though I lived in the supposed nice part of Philly (Rittenhouse Square), it was still the shittiest of the group by far.
Last edited by bceagles182 on Tue May 08, 2012 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby shoeshine » Tue May 08, 2012 3:48 am

goldeneye wrote:
shoeshine wrote:Also... best location? Really?

Philadelphia is the last place on earth I want to spend three years.

T14 - Locations go like this.

Stanford>Berkeley>NYU>Columbia>GULC>Suburban/Rural College Towns (M, D, V, Y, H,C)>NU>Chicago>>>>>>>>>>Penn


Philly > Ithaca for me. Chances of other people killing me are lower than killing myself in Ithaca.

That is very true. Ithaca is a terrible place (unless you love snow).

Betharl
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby Betharl » Tue May 08, 2012 3:54 am

No, we're talking about the same school. Upenn, the flagship public school in the state of Pennsylvania (just dont let those people from Pitt hear you say that!).

goldeneye wrote:
breadbucket wrote:
Think you need to recheck your facts, everyone knows Penn U =Penn State, it has to do with the Endowment


I think we're having a misunderstand due to the fact that it's 3:45am, or maybe it is just me. UPenn and Penn State are completely different institutions.

User avatar
breadbucket
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Re: Power of Penn

Postby breadbucket » Tue May 08, 2012 3:54 am

bceagles182 wrote:Jesus. The people in this thread need to get a sense of humor. Everyone on this board knows the difference between Penn State and Penn. People are intentionally confusing the two because they know it pisses Penn people off when the general public does that.

And FWIW, I've lived in Boston, NYC, DC and Philly. Even though I lived in the supposed nice part of Philly (Rittenhouse Square), it was still the shittiest of the group by far.


+1 :lol:

igo2northwestern
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:07 am

Re: Power of Penn

Postby igo2northwestern » Tue May 08, 2012 4:02 am

goldeneye wrote:
shoeshine wrote:Also... best location? Really?

Philadelphia is the last place on earth I want to spend three years.

T14 - Locations go like this.

Stanford>Berkeley>NYU>Columbia>GULC>Suburban/Rural College Towns (M, D, V, Y, H,C)>NU>Chicago>>>>>>>>>>Penn


Philly > Ithaca for me. Chances of other people killing me are lower than killing myself in Ithaca.


More like:

S/B>NYU>Columbia>GULC>D/V>Northwestern>Y/H>M>>>>Penn/Cornell>Chicago

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Power of Penn

Postby rayiner » Tue May 08, 2012 4:06 am

shoeshine wrote:Also... best location? Really?

Philadelphia is the last place on earth I want to spend three years.

T14 - Locations go like this.

Stanford>Berkeley>NYU>Columbia>GULC>Suburban/Rural College Towns (M, D, V, Y, H,C)>NU>Chicago>>>>>>>>>>Penn


GULC's location is shit. Rural college towns are shit. Ahead of downtown Chicago? You have to be fucking kidding me.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Power of Penn

Postby rayiner » Tue May 08, 2012 4:10 am

I can't think of any T14 ranked more correctly than Penn. Unarguably weaker faculty than CCN and weaker student body. Strong placement into NYC to compensate.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cd1945 and 5 guests