South Texas College of Law or Ole Miss?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
CanadianWolf

Re: South Texas College of Law or Ole Miss?

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon May 07, 2012 11:10 pm

UH's program was just announced within the last few weeks, and, yes, oil & gas interests. The Keystone pipeline is going to be approved eventually but probably before the November elections.

jdamele76

Postby jdamele76 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:15 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:UH's program was just announced within the last few weeks, and, yes, oil & gas interests. The Keystone pipeline is going to be approved eventually but probably before the November elections.

Ok yeah, that would make much more sense... If OP could wait a year, get some work experience and maybe 165ish he would be looking at MSU for sure for probably at least half tuition and I maybe a shot at UH. Heck even a 162 may get him in to UH with softs etc

labf

Postby labf » Tue May 08, 2012 9:50 am

jdamele76 wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Agreed. Also, OP should look into the University of Houston's new dual degree (US & Canadian) program as well as LSU (common law JD & civil law BA) for career jurisdiction flexibility. But, a higher LSAT would be needed.

UH has one? interesting... I mean its kind of random for Texas unless it can help you for oil etc.

Yes with UCalgary and UHouston.
I'm from Calgary. I want nothing to do with this city, particularly oil+gas. Ever. Again.

Thank you all for your words.

UHouston would be appealing if it was not $40 000.

I was accepted to Loyola NOLA as well, that is also $40 000. I'm not paying that much.

I have 5 yrs work experience after University. I have no intent in taking yet another year off to take yet another shot at the LSAT. That year would be better spent learning how to fix elevators where I will make way more $$$ than as a lawyer.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”