Retaking

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ttunsehc

Retaking

Postby ttunsehc » Sun May 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum. But I have some questions about retaking.

1) I'm retaking in June (already signed up to retake in Hong Kong). If I reapply next year will I still get fee waivers? I got a bunch this cycle, will I get them next cycle?

2) I'm wondering whether or not I should retake in June see how I do, not retake in June and do it in October see how I do, or retake in June, if I don't do well retake again in October, or attend UF?

3) If I just take it in October and don't do better than 164, then will law school frown upon this? That would be kind of unfortunate not to get accepted to UF because I took the LSAT twice.

4) How does it look taking the LSAT 3 times?

I think from reading this people can see where my general concerns lay, so if anyone has any extra info. concerning this general topic that would be great too.

Nova

Re: Retaking

Postby Nova » Mon May 07, 2012 1:40 am

1)Yes, you would get more fee waivers.

2) Depends. Are you getting money from UF? are you a reident of FL? Whats your GPA? Do you love Florida??

3) No. It's fine. They will not rescind your admittance.

4) As you probably know, the school only has to report your highest score to USNWR... and that's what really matters. Although, Harvard NYU GULC Cal all say they average. The full list is on this page: http://www.top-law-schools.com/retaking-the-lsat.html

ttunsehc

Postby ttunsehc » Mon May 07, 2012 8:58 am

Yea, I'm from Florida specifically Miami. Don't want to end up in Miami though.
I'm choosing between Washington and Lee and UF. UF gave me a 14k scholly.

Does anyone have a previous post they could link to?

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon May 07, 2012 3:13 pm

ITT, TLS, encourages me to retake:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=184024

Forget W&L. UF insate +14k, is a pretty sweet deal. In order to make sitting out worth it, you will have to score substancially better to have shot at the T14 (If GPA <3.8, then ~170).

I feel like I can relate. It's like getting married but having cold feet. I think you should give June a shot and see what happens.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”