Whittier vs. Chapman for Intellectual Property Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
tedalbany

Gold

Re: Whittier vs. Chapman for Intellectual Property

Post by tedalbany » Fri May 04, 2012 10:22 pm

OP:

You have a 35% chance of obtaining a job as an attorney (LinkRemoved) coming out of chapman.

Also,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X2AvfSTi6Q

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri May 04, 2012 10:22 pm

tedalbany wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
tedalbany wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Deleted - Not worth it.
Not worth it or you just don't know how to work the quote feature?
I deleted my post, hence not worth it. But do go on.
No, you put your post embedded in the quote, realized this confirms everyone's sneaking suspicion that you don't know how to internet, got embarrassed, then quickly edited it while still maintaining an odd sense of smug superiority
I may have done that, but I also realized it was a petty point to state, hence my deletion instead of moving it from the imbed. Do you realize that you are spending your Friday night arguing such a hot topic of epic concern?

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Fri May 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Do you realize you're spending your Friday night giving horrible life ruining advice (or just trolling)?

ssanders

New

Post by ssanders » Sat May 05, 2012 4:52 am

Lol... this thread has gotten exciting...

I'm too tired to find a link to the gif of michael jackson eating popcorn... =\

To satisfy some of the various questions regarding my confidence... I definitely hate the idea of debt... and I definitely don't have a ton of money... but I have a fairly amazing history/network that has given me many, many options to fall back on if things get hazy... and through that network, I have some pretty strong connections into places I want to be.

The long and short of it is that I'm a pretty bright dude... just, sadly, dyslexic and took the LSAT without accommodations. I've been an entrepreneur since I was in Jr. High, and as of these days... I am pretty much a professional "do-whatever-I-want-er." I've always had an interest in law, especially in the education itself... and I'm willing to roll the dice on my confidence.

I really do appreciate all the advice here... but, realistically, I'm not worried. I always find a way to make it... always have... have no doubts that I always will.

Paul Campos

Silver

Post by Paul Campos » Sat May 05, 2012 8:25 am

ssanders wrote:Lol... this thread has gotten exciting...

To satisfy some of the various questions regarding my confidence... I definitely hate the idea of debt... and I definitely don't have a ton of money... but I have a fairly amazing history/network that has given me many, many options to fall back on if things get hazy... and through that network, I have some pretty strong connections into places I want to be.

The long and short of it is that I'm a pretty bright dude... just, sadly, dyslexic and took the LSAT without accommodations. I've been an entrepreneur since I was in Jr. High, and as of these days... I am pretty much a professional "do-whatever-I-want-er." I've always had an interest in law, especially in the education itself... and I'm willing to roll the dice on my confidence.

I really do appreciate all the advice here... but, realistically, I'm not worried. I always find a way to make it... always have... have no doubts that I always will.
Doomed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Sat May 05, 2012 8:32 am

Paul Campos wrote:

Doomed.
For sure. Retake the lsat next year and try to get accommodations. Retake either way.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 am

sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not an entrepreneur. If you were, you'd retake the LSAT and if deadset on these schools, attend for free. The advice people are giving you here is excellent free advice. It may all sound like hyperbole but there is a reason people are so concerned for you. Your school choices plus your attitude seriously calls into doubt your declarations of being "bright." Lastly, I don't think anyone should let a disability dictate their path, but dyslexia and law school? Do you know what law school entails? Good luck buddy, and please don't ignore all this advice simply because it doesn't conform with what you had already decided.

Wily

Bronze

Post by Wily » Sat May 05, 2012 12:20 pm

What are your GPA/LSAT?

What's holding you back from a retake?

I'm in a situation where my stats make it so a retake is only marginally beneficial (2.7/168), but I'm still going for it in June. It's almost always worth the $160 to retake if your current choices are far from ideal.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat May 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Are you REALLY dyslexic, or just saying that? I am actually borderline clinical ADD and it pisses me off when people just nonchalantly say, "yeah, I have a touch of the ADD..." in excuse for poor performance. They have NO IDEA! If you are clinical, as in actually diagnosed, then I would put that in the app with evidence. A kick-ass GPA (after all, you are a "bright dude") and a national avg LSAT (which is about 152) could get you into a top 50 school, especially if you have nice softs like volunteer work, etc. Of course, being dyslexic and wanting to practice law, a detail oriented job, is much like a fat person wanting to run a health food store. Are you on meds!?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

The Rover

New

Post by The Rover » Sat May 05, 2012 12:57 pm

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile.

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:23 pm

It's like people find new creative ways to throw EVERY SINGLE tired cliche into posts. There just needs to be a form posting for these people- the aggregate time saved will be substantial.

OP: If you were an entrepreneur and not a flame account you would know the value of actually having a plan more complex than 1) Go to crappy law school, 2) ??? 3) PROFIT! That amount of debt around your neck will make it very difficult to be a"do-whatever-I-want-er."

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:26 pm

ssanders wrote:I am pretty much a professional "do-whatever-I-want-er."
ssanders wrote:I really do appreciate all the advice here... but, realistically, I'm not worried. I always find a way to make it... always have... have no doubts that I always will.
These were pure gold. Props man.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”