SMU ($) (PT) vs American U. (PT) vs. GSU (PT) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

SMU vs American vs GSU

SMU part-time + $48,000
53%
American U. part-time
20%
GSU part-time
27%

Total votes: 15

kalvano

Diamond

Re: SMU ($) (PT) vs American U. (PT) vs. GSU (PT)

Post by kalvano » Sat May 05, 2012 10:33 am

You two do realize I'm a 2L at SMU, I hope.

chraruce

New

Post by chraruce » Sat May 05, 2012 11:20 am

Hey Kalvano, I did realize that you were most likely an SMU student (yes, I'm guilty of not looking through your profile to figure this out). Hence "I'm sure you have good things to contribute if SMU offered you admission" (i.e. since they have offered you admission then I'm sure you you have good things to contribute).

Anyway, how do the job prospects look at SMU? Is OCI doing good things for students? If you have any friends in the PT program, have they been doing similarly to the full-time students with regards to employment?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat May 05, 2012 11:27 am

chraruce wrote:Hey Kalvano, I did realize that you were most likely an SMU student (yes, I'm guilty of not looking through all your previous posts to figure this out). Hence "I'm sure you have good things to contribute if SMU offered you admission" (i.e. since they have offered you admission then I'm sure you you have good things to contribute).

Anyway, how do the job prospects look at SMU? Is OCI doing good things for students? If you have any friends in the PT program, have they been doing similarly to the full-time students with regards to employment?
Answers here --> http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=162655

Repartee16

New

Post by Repartee16 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Of course Kal, I've messaged you a couple times regarding SMU over the past few months. I was just playing along. By the way, I'm finished with Justified and need a new show to watch :( Maybe I'll start with The Shield since you're 1/1 so far on introducing me to badass tv shows

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat May 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Repartee16 wrote:Of course Kal, I've messaged you a couple times regarding SMU over the past few months. I was just playing along. By the way, I'm finished with Justified and need a new show to watch :( Maybe I'll start with The Shield since you're 1/1 so far on introducing me to badass tv shows

The Shield is one of the top 5 greatest shows to ever grace the small screen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Repartee16

New

Post by Repartee16 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:48 am

I'll let you know how Season 1 pans out for me.

Season 3 of Justified was alright, I guess I'm so used to usual shows that have one antagonist each episode, it was nice to see an underlying story throughout the season, even though the first two seasons had a lot of stand alone episodes.

reepS

New

Post by reepS » Wed May 09, 2012 2:09 am

kalvano wrote:
chraruce wrote:And what I mean is this: if you have no concept of what "a priori" or "a posteriori" mean or how they are related to probabilities or if you have no idea how Bayesian probabilities work, then please don't try to mock my statement. I believe that an a priori probability of 15-20% is pretty good, especially knowing what I know about myself and about law schools (the a posteriori).
Please do not go to SMU. Thank you.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”