Hastings vs. Davis

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Manimal

Hastings vs. Davis

Postby Manimal » Fri May 04, 2012 3:48 pm

I appreciate the thoughts of anybody with advice or insight into this decision. Each offered me 15,000 per year. I live in Bay Area already, so moving considerations would not be a factor. I am also accepted at BU, BC, Fordham, and a few others, but I have sorta decided to remain in California.

What are the main differences between Hastings and Davis?

ryemanhattan

Re: Hastings vs. Davis

Postby ryemanhattan » Fri May 04, 2012 4:30 pm

They are comparable, as far as reputation in the Bay Area goes, and job prospects. Davis is higher ranked, for whatever that is worth. Interested in state politics/ working in Sac? Davis is your choice. Hastings, to their credit, is cutting 20% of its class size next year, which could help job prospects a little bit.

Davis is a very pleasant college town, and you have the benefit of a wider university at your disposal, which was a criteria I wanted when looking at schools. Hastings is in civic center, which is convenient yet grimy. SF is awesome, and has much more going on than Davis, obviously.

Personally, I would choose Davis, since the costs are nearly equivalent, but this question should come down to feel. Neither school guarantees you a decent job, but you can make either one work. You'll be taking on a lot of debt for either, but you're certainly in better shape than most law school applicants (though this is saying very little.)

Manimal

Re: Hastings vs. Davis

Postby Manimal » Fri May 04, 2012 4:55 pm

hmm. thank you for your reply. Any other considerations you kind folks care to offer?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”