BU (20k) vs. ND (25k) vs. U San Diego (43k) vs. Year off Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bjokay

New

BU (20k) vs. ND (25k) vs. U San Diego (43k) vs. Year off

Post by bjokay » Thu May 03, 2012 6:21 pm

TLS,

3.81 GPA, 164 LSAT, 1/2 Mexican URM, from Southern California....

As of right now the "highest ranked" schools I have been admitted to are BU (20k scholly), Notre Dame (25k scholly). I also got into U San Diego, and I earned a nice 39k scholly plus 4k work study, per year. I placed my deposit at ND and USD, and I'm debating whether or not I want to place my deposit at BU. The cost of ND would stay pretty low for me because I have a family friend who is going to rent me out a room for cheap. Is BU worth the extra cost? I have read that despite it's ranking of 26 in USNWR, that BU has pretty strong placement, and I like the idea of making connections in a city that I could see myself working, in Boston. Ideally I would like to work in LA or NY. I am still waiting for USC, but in the hypothetical situation that I get in, but have to pay sticker, is that even worth it?

I've been told that maybe I should just take a year off, but with my numbers I'm not convinced that my options would be any better. I'm curious to hear what you guys thing. In the short run, my most urgent concern is whether or not I should place my deposit for BU, as I only have until May 7th.

Thanks

SpiteFence

Bronze

Re: BU (20k) vs. ND (25k) vs. U San Diego (43k) vs. Year off

Post by SpiteFence » Thu May 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Your decision to take a year off should be completely independent of your choice of which law school to attend. Figure that out first.

bjokay

New

Post by bjokay » Thu May 03, 2012 6:31 pm

SpiteFence wrote:Your decision to take a year off should be completely independent of your choice of which law school to attend. Figure that out first.

I'm asking about taking a year off in case any one has some insight as to whether I would have a decent chance of getting better offers next year. I applied in January with a 160, and didn't get a 164 until February. I feel that applying late has slightly affected my application success but I may be wrong.

flem

Diamond

Post by flem » Thu May 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Retake and enjoy CCN with money and possible HYS

bjokay

New

Post by bjokay » Thu May 03, 2012 6:36 pm

tfleming09 wrote:Retake and enjoy CCN with money and possible HYS
already taken 3 times

flem

Diamond

Post by flem » Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 pm

bjokay wrote:
already taken 3 times
Well in that case I'd still wait a year and reapply.

Peep this or this or this and some of this for reference.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”