GW 30k vs Fordham 15k vs Emory 60k

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Wily

Re: GW 30k vs Fordham 15k vs Emory 60k

Postby Wily » Fri May 04, 2012 6:59 pm

GokartMozart315 wrote:
it seems to me that 1. fordham offers the strongest chances at biglaw, and 2. gw offers the strongest ability to apply for both ny and dc. it also seems that 3. given that i want to work in those two markets, emory would be an unwise decision. would you agree with those assessments?

also, would you say that gaining the dc career prospects that gw has is worth losing fordham's excellent edge in the ny market, or that the fordham edge is worth more? i'm weighing non-legal factors in the background as i deal with the issue of where i actually want to live, but would love thoughts on those questions

As someone who got into GW this cycle with $75,000, I'd still go to Fordham if I were admitted off the waitlist. That's because I'd prefer to work in NY Biglaw, and Fordham is the best school outside the T-14 for placement into NY Biglaw. That said, if you want to work in DC or elsewhere, GW is probably the best school for you, as it has slightly better name recognition regionally than Fordham does.

dingbat

Re: GW 30k vs Fordham 15k vs Emory 60k

Postby dingbat » Fri May 04, 2012 7:47 pm

GokartMozart315 wrote:also, would you say that gaining the dc career prospects that gw has is worth losing fordham's excellent edge in the ny market, or that the fordham edge is worth more? i'm weighing non-legal factors in the background as i deal with the issue of where i actually want to live, but would love thoughts on those questions

That depends on how badly you want DC.
If you don't really care which city, go to Fordham. If you have a preference for DC, go to GW

Return to “Choosing a Law School”