Wake (12k) vs. Temple (In state- 4k)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cward66
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 am

Wake (12k) vs. Temple (In state- 4k)

Postby cward66 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 am

3.67 / 161

The price for Wake would come down to 26k or so, and Temple would be 15k.

I understand the higher ranking at Wake, but I also realize they are both regional schools.

I would like to end up in Philly or DC. I know Temple is the better option for Philly, but there is no way I could go back to DC from Temple. My thought is Wake would leave the doors open to both cities, but I'm really not sure.

Let me know your thoughts.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Wake (12k) vs. Temple (In state- 4k)

Postby flem » Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 am

cward66 wrote:I would like to end up in Philly or DC.


Temple, then

cward66 wrote: My thought is Wake would leave the doors open to both cities, but I'm really not sure.


Nope

cward66 wrote:3.67 / 161


Exhuasted retakes?

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Wake (12k) vs. Temple (In state- 4k)

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed May 02, 2012 10:45 am

Temple clearly is the better choice for Philadelphia, while WFU doesn't seem to offer any surefire entre into the DC market.

cward66
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 am

Re: Wake (12k) vs. Temple (In state- 4k)

Postby cward66 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:43 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Temple clearly is the better choice for Philadelphia, while WFU doesn't seem to offer any surefire entre into the DC market.



Thank you both. It really comes down to accessibility of the DC and Philly markets. I can't really see myself in NC. Born in Philly, have a lot of family there, would be happy ending up there. Right now I go to school in DC (AU) and could also see myself staying here. I like the prospect of working within healthcare policy if I'm left without the burning desire to practice, and DC really is the place for that.

The area of healthcare has always been an interest (mom has been working of phara company forever). Ideally I would want to end up practicing within that field, but at the same time, who knows.

I'm on the waitlist at GMU. Even if I got in, I doubt I would see much in terms of financial assistance so it would be hard to bring myself to pay sticker over the value I think Temple is. Also on the wl at UNC & W&L. I don't really know my chances getting in at either, nor do I know what I would do if I got in. Being a top 25 now, W&L would be nice. But again, I don't know how well that does for bringing me up to DC/Philly. And again, I would most likely be paying sticker at each... putting it all on loans.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Wake (12k) vs. Temple (In state- 4k)

Postby Nelson » Wed May 02, 2012 1:46 pm

cward66 wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Temple clearly is the better choice for Philadelphia, while WFU doesn't seem to offer any surefire entre into the DC market.



Thank you both. It really comes down to accessibility of the DC and Philly markets. I can't really see myself in NC. Born in Philly, have a lot of family there, would be happy ending up there. Right now I go to school in DC (AU) and could also see myself staying here. I like the prospect of working within healthcare policy if I'm left without the burning desire to practice, and DC really is the place for that.

The area of healthcare has always been an interest (mom has been working of phara company forever). Ideally I would want to end up practicing within that field, but at the same time, who knows.

I'm on the waitlist at GMU. Even if I got in, I doubt I would see much in terms of financial assistance so it would be hard to bring myself to pay sticker over the value I think Temple is. Also on the wl at UNC & W&L. I don't really know my chances getting in at either, nor do I know what I would do if I got in. Being a top 25 now, W&L would be nice. But again, I don't know how well that does for bringing me up to DC/Philly. And again, I would most likely be paying sticker at each... putting it all on loans.

If you want to work in Philly, then Temple in state is a better option than any of the other schools you're considering.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests