Lewis and Clark v.s American v.s U balt

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which School

lewis and clark
50%
american
17%
u of baltimore
33%

Total votes: 12

spiceybites

Lewis and Clark v.s American v.s U balt

Postby spiceybites » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Getting 35k a year for lewis and clark. 20k/year for american. full ride to u of baltimore. Interested in Environmental Law or public interest. Anyone have any opinions?

The Rover

Re: Lewis and Clark v.s American v.s U balt

Postby The Rover » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Where are you from? Where do you want to practice? Total cost of attendance at each? GPA / LSAT? Favorite color?

chill

Postby chill » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Last edited by chill on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:51 pm

35k a year at L&C is substancial. I would go there. American competes with too many heavy weights.

Do you have an east/west coast preference? gpa/lsat? where are you from?

spiceybites

Postby spiceybites » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:58 pm

I am from maryland. I went to Pomona college in California, so im open to moving around. the cost of attending are: Lewis and clark is 38k/year. American is 48k/year and u of baltimore is 25k/year. i just want to be able to get a job in environmental or public interest law (public defender, etc). I was an environmental policy major in college, so i think i want to do environmental, but im not completely sure. But mos def want to do some form of public interest. Thanks for the responses!

Lewis and Clark i need to maintain a 2.6 gpa. American no stipulations. U of balt 3.2 gpa, but my parents work for maryland so even if i lost it, it would be free

spiceybites

Postby spiceybites » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:58 pm

oh and my gpa was 3.55 and my lsats were 161

PutSumGravyOnIt

Postby PutSumGravyOnIt » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:01 pm

spiceybites wrote: i just want to be able to get a job in environmental or public interest law (public defender, etc). I was an environmental policy major in college, so i think i want to do environmental, but im not completely sure. But mos def want to do some form of public interest. Thanks for the responses!

Lewis and Clark i need to maintain a 2.6 gpa. American no stipulations. U of balt 3.2 gpa, but my parents work for maryland so even if i lost it, it would be free

Lewis and Clark prides itself on its Environmental program. Also, it'll cost the least for you. Also, Portland is a cool place--unless you hate hipsters. Then it totally sucks.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:06 pm

spiceybites wrote:I am from maryland. I went to Pomona college in California, so im open to moving around. the cost of attending are: Lewis and clark is 38k/year. American is 48k/year and u of baltimore is 25k/year. i just want to be able to get a job in environmental or public interest law (public defender, etc). I was an environmental policy major in college, so i think i want to do environmental, but im not completely sure. But mos def want to do some form of public interest. Thanks for the responses!

What I think they mean by cost of attendance is tuition + cost of living. L&C will only cost 3k tuition a year for you (basically a full ride) + maybe 15k a year for cost of living. That adds up to about 54k. Thats a good deal. Go there if you dont mind living in OR for a long time.

spiceybites

Postby spiceybites » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:51 pm

With public interest work, does where you went to law school really matter that much? I have absolutely no interest in pursing big law or anything of that nature. Also american has a pretty decent public interest debt forgiveness plan. http://www.wcl.american.edu/finaid/pilrap.cfm. how much should i factor that in.

For me the COA (tuition + living ) for the full three years would be
U of baltimore: 36,000
Lewis and Clark: 48,000
American: 127, 242

Return to “Choosing a Law School”