Lewis & Clark (13K) v. Seattle U (18K)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Lewis & Clark v. Seattle U?

Lewis & Clark (13K)
75%
Seattle U (18K)
25%

Total votes: 4

SuchGr8Heights

Lewis & Clark (13K) v. Seattle U (18K)

Postby SuchGr8Heights » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 am

I'm curious to see what people think of this matchup. I would honestly be happy living in either of these two cities. The scholarship at Seattle has a top 25% stip and at L&C it's a 2.6. Anybody have anything of value to say about either schools? And retaking is not an option.

rad lulz

Re: Lewis & Clark (13K) v. Seattle U (18K)

Postby rad lulz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:34 am

If retaking is not an option, don't go because those prices are way too high, even assumin you keep the scholarships.

SuchGr8Heights

Postby SuchGr8Heights » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:56 am

rad lulz wrote:If retaking is not an option, don't go because those prices are way too high, even assumin you keep the scholarships.

Thank you! I feel quite honored to be your 2537th post on this forum!

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:00 am

SuchGr8Heights wrote:
rad lulz wrote:If retaking is not an option, don't go because those prices are way too high, even assumin you keep the scholarships.

Only 17% of grads from each school got jobs with 50+ atty firms, PI, Federal clerkships, or government, which are basically the only jobs that give you a prayer of paying back the debt you will incur.

So retake or don't go.

Artistry

Postby Artistry » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:03 am

Isn't it possible that, if he does meet Seattle U's stipulation, OP would be eligible for further financial considerations? Or is it possible that when you accept a scholarship offer that you are "locked in" for the duration of your time in law school?

I'm assuming you have ties to the PNW; that would make targeting these schools sensible. However, those aren't good $$$ amounts/stips, though. Rad lulz is right here; retake or don't go.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 am

Artistry wrote:

Isn't it possible that, if he does meet Seattle U's stipulation, OP would be eligible for further financial considerations? Or is it possible that when you accept a scholarship offer that you are "locked in" for the duration of your time in law school?

I'm assuming you have ties to the PNW; that would make targeting these schools sensible. However, those aren't good $$$ amounts/stips, though. Rad lulz is right here; retake or don't go.

If you do siiiiick and attempt a transfer, there is a small chance the school might give you $ to entice you to stay, but the chances of doing that well are very, very infinitesimally small.

Hjones33

Postby Hjones33 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:30 am

rad lulz wrote:
SuchGr8Heights wrote:

Only 17% of grads from each school got jobs with 50+ atty firms, PI, Federal clerkships, or government, which are basically the only jobs that give you a prayer of paying back the debt you will incur.

So retake or don't go.

Where do they get the stats from? I'm just curious because I thought getting solid job info like this was pretty hard to do. But very interesting and thanks for posting that if it's accurate. Pretty shocking stuff when you see stats for schools like Lewis and Clark and Colorado. Colorado I thought was a decent tier 1, but this has them in the same category of John Marshall, liberty, and Akron and below schools like Albany, Samford, and No. Illinois. Crazy. Very crazy.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:32 am

Hjones33 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
SuchGr8Heights wrote:

So retake or don't go.

Where do they get the stats from? I'm just curious because I thought getting solid job info like this was pretty hard to do. But very interesting and thanks for posting that if it's accurate. Pretty shocking stuff when you see stats for schools like Lewis and Clark and Colorado. Colorado I thought was a decent tier 1, but this has them in the same category of John Marshall, liberty, and Akron and below schools like Albany, Samford, and No. Illinois. Crazy. Very crazy.

That's culled from the c/o 2010 ABA data. It's all explained in the sticky thread in the "choosing" forum.

Hjones33

Postby Hjones33 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:38 am

Thanks

JasonR

Postby JasonR » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:54 am

SuchGr8Heights wrote:

If you only want sunshine blown up your ass, you came to the wrong place. His advice is dead-on. The legal market is in bad shape, in case you have somehow managed to miss that news over the last 3+ years, and schools like these leave you with the likelihood of facing both crushing debt and miserable job prospects. Retake or don't go.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”