Cardozo (full ride) vs. BC (20k/year) vs. Fordham

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Poll ended at Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Cardozo (full ride and housing)
61%
BC (20k/year)
33%
Fordham (hopefully, probably no money)
6%

Total votes: 18

collegewriter

Postby collegewriter » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Found out today that I got a full ride with student housing from Cardozo. I have 20k per year from BC and am waiting to hear from Fordham's waitlist. I would be willing to work in BigLaw to pay off loans but I really want to do criminal defense or international law and both of those are more likely to be public service jobs. I REALLY want to be in New York next year and in the future for both personal reasons and the fact that I love the city.

BC has better placement over all and I'm only paying 100k for tuition total. Fordham is better for NYC placement but they probably won't give me money (even though the Dean asked me to send my scholarship info from Cardozo to them). Cardozo isn't amazing but I would have an easier time being top of the class and would have minimal debt.

Any advice? Cardozo needs a deposit by the 1st.

dingbat

Re: Cardozo (full ride) vs. BC (20k/year) vs. Fordham

Postby dingbat » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm

collegewriter wrote:Found out today that I got a full ride with student housing from Cardozo. I have 20k per year from BC and am waiting to hear from Fordham's waitlist. I would be willing to work in BigLaw to pay off loans but I really want to do criminal defense or international law and both of those are more likely to be public service jobs. I REALLY want to be in New York next year and in the future for both personal reasons and the fact that I love the city.

BC has better placement over all and I'm only paying 100k for tuition total. Fordham is better for NYC placement but they probably won't give me money (even though the Dean asked me to send my scholarship info from Cardozo to them). Cardozo isn't amazing but I would have an easier time being top of the class and would have minimal debt.

Any advice? Cardozo needs a deposit by the 1st.

Go to Dozo

and
collegewriter wrote:I would have an easier time being top of the class and would have minimal debt.
Don't even think this for a moment

collegewriter

Postby collegewriter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:38 pm

It seems like being at the top of the class at Cardozo would be easier than it would be at BC. Not saying its achievable for me either way.

In addition, Cardozo isn't paying for my hosing just offering me student housing next to the school at a good price.

Anyone else want to make a case for BC?

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:53 pm

collegewriter wrote:It seems like being at the top of the class at Cardozo would be easier than it would be at BC. Not saying its achievable for me either way.

In addition, Cardozo isn't paying for my hosing just offering me student housing next to the school at a good price.

Anyone else want to make a case for BC?

The profiles of the incoming students are not significantly different enough to make that conclusion, if you even think that USNWR rank or LSAT/GPA profile actually has a big impact on how competitive a school will be. BC is 162-166 with a 3.5-3.7 GPA, Dozo is 3.4-3.7 and 158-165. LSAT/UG GPA are very poor predictors of law school grades, and the differences between the two schools are miniscule- a few percentage points at best.

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Any stips on Dozo schollly?

collegewriter

Postby collegewriter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Any stips on Dozo schollly?

No it is automatically renewable. Only stipulation is no disciplinary infractions.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”