2 options

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
nigeriansiberian
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:07 pm

2 options

Postby nigeriansiberian » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:27 am

Full ride to lewis and clark law school vs. moving to turkey and getting spiritual.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: 2 options

Postby dingbat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:29 am

nigeriansiberian wrote:Full ride to lewis and clark law school vs. moving to turkey and getting spiritual.

Defer lewis & clark, go to turkey, figure shit out

Artistry
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: 2 options

Postby Artistry » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 am

If you're happy with living in the PNW (specifically Portland, OR), then a full ride to L&C should be strongly considered.

That being said, if you're getting full rides to places like that, then I wonder three things:

1) uGPA/LSAT
2) if you aimed at schools higher up in the pecking order than L&C or not.
3) where your ties are.

User avatar
angrybird
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:15 am

Re: 2 options

Postby angrybird » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:49 am

man this is tough, the dream of the 1890's is alive in both portland and turkey

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: 2 options

Postby Nova » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:41 am

Sounds like you are ok with waiting a year. If you want to go to a different school then retake and move to turkey.

But if you like L&C a lot, just go already.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: 2 options

Postby cinephile » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:37 am

Law schools will still be there in a year. The opportunity to take a year in Turkey won't happen again (if ever) until retirement.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: 2 options

Postby Samara » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:44 am

angrybird wrote:man this is tough, the dream of the 1890's is alive in both portland and turkey

I lol'd. Good to see another Portlandia fan 'round here.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: 2 options

Postby dingbat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 am

Samara wrote:
angrybird wrote:man this is tough, the dream of the 1890's is alive in both portland and turkey

I lol'd. Good to see another Portlandia fan 'round here.

I loved the opening song, but turned it off halfway through the first episode

User avatar
leche
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Re: 2 options

Postby leche » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:58 am

dingbat wrote:
Samara wrote:
angrybird wrote:man this is tough, the dream of the 1890's is alive in both portland and turkey

I lol'd. Good to see another Portlandia fan 'round here.

I loved the opening song, but turned it off halfway through the first episode


But the second episode is the best one!

I vote Turkey.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest