2013 ranking

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sumner
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:50 pm

2013 ranking

Postby sumner » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Is anyone else worried about the fact that BU slid to 26th in the US news rankings this year? I'm not one to put a lot of faith in the rankings but there has to be some logic behind it.

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 pm

sumner wrote:Is anyone else worried about the fact that BU slid to 26th in the US news rankings this year? I'm not one to put a lot of faith in the rankings but there has to be some logic behind it.


USNEWS publishes its methodology on its website.

It's basically horse-shit.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby 071816 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:19 pm

sumner wrote:there has to be some logic behind it.

You would think that there would be, but there isn't.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby Bronck » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 pm

You should read rad lulz's posts on this subject. A drop or rise in rankings directly correlates with the number of employers that came to OCI.

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby Guchster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:27 pm

sumner wrote:Is anyone else worried about the fact that BU slid to 26th in the US news rankings this year? I'm not one to put a lot of faith in the rankings but there has to be some logic behind it.


Basic, homie.

Just basic.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:24 pm

What do you think will happen, employers will see the ranking and automatically cancel all OCI interviews? :)

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby kaiser » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Its the exact same school it was when it was ranked 20th. No employer keeps up with year to year fluctuations.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby Blindmelon » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Bronck wrote:You should read rad lulz's posts on this subject. A drop or rise in rankings directly correlates with the number of employers that came to OCI.


Can't tell if serious. Link?

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby Bronck » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
Bronck wrote:You should read rad lulz's posts on this subject. A drop or rise in rankings directly correlates with the number of employers that came to OCI.


Can't tell if serious. Link?


Lol, not serious at all. When the rankings came out he was joking that employers would be coming to schools like ASU in droves.
Last edited by Bronck on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Everyone at BU should transfer to ASU immediately.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby rad lulz » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Mark my words, employers will flee BU and flock to BC in DROVES. Don't get screwed bro.

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby top30man » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:03 pm

rad lulz wrote:Mark my words, employers will flee BU and flock to BC in DROVES. Don't get screwed bro.

Tcr

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby JusticeHarlan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:30 pm

rad lulz wrote:Mark my words, employers will flee BU and flock to BC in DROVES. Don't get screwed bro.

Nah brah, BC dropped a couple spot too. I hear the hiring committee at Ropes decided to peace out of hiring from local schools this year, and will just head over to ASU and call it a day.

Calchexas
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:31 am

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby Calchexas » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 am

While you may not put "a lot of faith" in USNWR, you at least put enough faith in it to make a post here, indicating to me that even if you don't put a LOT of faith in it, you at least put too much.

There are people in here who know far more about USNWR methodology than I do, but you have no reason at all to worry about it - the school is pretty much where it's been for a long time.

As for that massive tuition + CoL? Hmmm...Now that's something to be a bit concerned about!

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 2013 ranking

Postby Guchster » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Calchexas wrote:While you may not put "a lot of faith" in USNWR, you at least put enough faith in it to make a post here, indicating to me that even if you don't put a LOT of faith in it, you at least put too much.

There are people in here who know far more about USNWR methodology than I do, but you have no reason at all to worry about it - the school is pretty much where it's been for a long time.

As for that massive tuition + CoL? Hmmm...Now that's something to be a bit concerned about!


wat is this post?




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests