C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:48 pm

rad lulz wrote:
drmguy wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Take out academia.

Done

I did it originally in an attempt to make a winning category for Yale, but they still didn't win it.

Sweet. Also any chance you can add a 100+ and Fed category? The gap between 50 and 250 is really really large.

Done

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby flem » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:48 pm

drmguy wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
drmguy wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Take out academia.

Done

I did it originally in an attempt to make a winning category for Yale, but they still didn't win it.

Sweet. Also any chance you can add a 100+ and Fed category? The gap between 50 and 250 is really really large.

Done


This is awesome, thank you for this

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby zanzbar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Just so I understand this correctly this is C/O 2010 which really means they went through OCI in the fall of 09 when the shit was still hitting the fan. So we can expect the numbers to actually improve from these over the next couple of years. It was somewhat of a pleasent surprise for me because the only two schools I am currently considering between thankfully well outplaced their USNR.

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:05 pm

zanzbar wrote:Just so I understand this correctly this is C/O 2010 which really means they went through OCI in the fall of 09 when the shit was still hitting the fan. So we can expect the numbers to actually improve from these over the next couple of years. It was somewhat of a pleasent surprise for me because the only two schools I am currently considering between thankfully well outplaced their USNR.


Check out Chicago's Summer Employment Data. C/O 2010 did much better than C/O 2011.

redbullvodka
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby redbullvodka » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:11 pm

drmguy wrote:
zanzbar wrote:Just so I understand this correctly this is C/O 2010 which really means they went through OCI in the fall of 09 when the shit was still hitting the fan. So we can expect the numbers to actually improve from these over the next couple of years. It was somewhat of a pleasent surprise for me because the only two schools I am currently considering between thankfully well outplaced their USNR.


Check out Chicago's Summer Employment Data. C/O 2010 did much better than C/O 2011.


C/O 2010 would have done OCI in fall of 2008, since they would graduate in spring of 2010. C/O 2011, as we have said a lot on these boards, did OCI in fall 2009, when shit hit the fan.

That summer data shows that C/O 2012 -- OCI fall 2010 -- seemed to rebound fairly well, as the market began to stop free falling.

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Since there were concerns over Business/Industry being BS I added "LT Employed-Business/Industry."

buddyboss32
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:47 am

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby buddyboss32 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:33 pm

For TT schools... Pitt is it.

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:40 pm

buddyboss32 wrote:For TT schools... Pitt is it.

If you look at the LT - bus/ind then Kentucky, louisiana, las vegas, and Hawaii are the best.

User avatar
RedBirds2011
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby RedBirds2011 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:01 pm

This is pretty damn awesome data. Thank you!

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Just added graphs for all schools between 1 and 145.

They are separated into three separate charts.

Can I haz sticky yet? I need that for my resume to get into space law.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby Gail » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Can someone explain something to me?

This is class of 2010, correct? Now, I don't know what the smallest NLJ250 firm was in 2010, but I imagine it was above 100. Why does Davis have 15.38% NLJ250 numbers for 2010, but only 13.92% for 100+/Fed?

I know that's a small difference in the percentage numbers, but why is this?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby bk1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Gail wrote:Can someone explain something to me?

This is class of 2010, correct? Now, I don't know what the smallest NLJ250 firm was in 2010, but I imagine it was above 100. Why does Davis have 15.38% NLJ250 numbers for 2010, but only 13.92% for 100+/Fed?

I know that's a small difference in the percentage numbers, but why is this?


Maybe because the UCD grads didn't report their firm size to the school whereas the NLJ culled its data directly from firms?

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby Gail » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:30 pm

bk1 wrote:
Gail wrote:Can someone explain something to me?

This is class of 2010, correct? Now, I don't know what the smallest NLJ250 firm was in 2010, but I imagine it was above 100. Why does Davis have 15.38% NLJ250 numbers for 2010, but only 13.92% for 100+/Fed?

I know that's a small difference in the percentage numbers, but why is this?


Maybe because the UCD grads didn't report their firm size to the school whereas the NLJ culled its data directly from firms?



That makes sense. But if that's the case. Honestly. Nevermind. I'm trying to justify something that I shouldn't. It doesn't matter if there's a 5% additional probability that Davis grad gets 100+/Fed


It's still awful.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby rad lulz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 pm

drmguy wrote:Just added graphs for all schools between 1 and 145.

They are separated into three separate charts.

Can I haz sticky yet? I need that for my resume to get into space law.

I have a sticky and no one reads it. lulz.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby bk1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:40 pm

splittinghairs wrote:This thread should be stickied


Good point.

Also drmguy you should put the "Class of 2010" in the thread title.

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Detailed Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:41 pm

bk1 wrote:
splittinghairs wrote:This thread should be stickied


Good point.

Also drmguy you should put the "Class of 2010" in the thread title.

Look out space law, here I come.

Edit: I hope they release a document in the same format for C/O 2011. I set it up so that everything will autofill if they do.

btowncane
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:08 pm

Re: C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby btowncane » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:57 pm

drmguy - I'm not seeing george mason on the bar graph, would you mind putting them in? Thanks btw, this doc is very helpful.

EDIT: Nevermind, now I see them.

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:04 pm

btowncane wrote:drmguy - I'm not seeing george mason on the bar graph, would you mind putting them in? Thanks btw, this doc is very helpful.

EDIT: Nevermind, now I see them.


I didn't realize that a non-editor can't hover over to see school names so I broke the T100 into 4 chunks.

Twit
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby Twit » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Sweet, thank you!

Twit
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby Twit » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Good move taking out academia--it's pretty BS, especially for kiddos only 9 months out. I'm not sure that they're going to have a distinguished publishing career by then...

For those looking to get into academia, go to Yale. Leiter has you covered: http://leiterrankings.com/new/2011_LawTeachers.shtml

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:17 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... d3c&gid=11

As far as I can tell, this link is much better because it allows hover over for more info on the bar graph.

I'll replace/supplement the original link with this one if people agree.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

drmguy wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aik9aY0xMn8JdHZpRzRGNmpIVnFMMTJ0bXNRS0NBd3c&gid=11

As far as I can tell, this link is much better because it allows hover over for more info on the bar graph.

I'll replace/supplement the original link with this one if people agree.


Amazing. You have done us all a great service.

User avatar
RaleighStClair
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

Re: C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby RaleighStClair » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Can anyone explain to me what the difference between "Government" and "State and Local" is? Is the latter referring to clerkships?

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:20 pm

crossarmant wrote:
drmguy wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aik9aY0xMn8JdHZpRzRGNmpIVnFMMTJ0bXNRS0NBd3c&gid=11

As far as I can tell, this link is much better because it allows hover over for more info on the bar graph.

I'll replace/supplement the original link with this one if people agree.


Amazing. You have done us all a great service.


Ok, I'll switch it.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: C/O 2010 Employment Statistics Google Doc

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:20 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the difference between "Government" and "State and Local" is? Is the latter referring to clerkships?


State and Local I'm assuming are clerkships; Gov't, I presume, is Prosecutors, PDs, Administrative agencies, AGs, etc.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests