Apps

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sheila1s

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Apps

Postby sheila1s » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:39 pm

I'm hoping to get into WUSTL or Notre Dame and am planning on practicing somewhere in the Midwest (preferably in Illinois bc that's where I'm from), but I may have to choose between these other schools: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana (Bloomington Maurer) and Minnesota. Illinois would be cheapest (in state), but I'm not sure how significant their scandals are and their ranking has gone down below the other three.

I applied really late in the cycle with a 3.92 162, so a retake and applying next year is a possibility but I want to avoid that at all costs! I have help with tuition so price is not the most important factor, but still obviously matters. Let me know what you guys think!
Last edited by sheila1s on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
flem

Diamond
Posts: 12882
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Iowa vs. Illinois vs. Indiana vs. Minnesota

Postby flem » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:42 pm

sheila1s wrote:I'm hoping to get into WUSTL or Notre Dame and am planning on practicing somewhere in the Midwest (preferably in Illinois bc that's where I'm from), but I may have to choose between these other schools: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana (Bloomington Maurer) and Minnesota. Illinois would be cheapest (in state), but I'm not sure how significant their scandals are and their ranking has gone down below the other three.

I applied really late in the cycle with a 3.92 162, so a retake and applying next year is a possibility but I want to avoid that at all costs! I have help with tuition so price is not the most important factor, but still obviously matters. Let me know what you guys think!


1) WUSTL/ND are scary to me at sticker price
2) Illinois if you must go, and disregard the rankings/scandal thing. The same employers are going to be OCI. I promise.
3) Please, PLEASE retake. Hit the high 160's and you're in great shape for most of the T14.

tlsposter

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Iowa vs. Illinois vs. Indiana vs. Minnesota

Postby tlsposter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Go to whichever school is going to be the cheapest. These are all fairly similar.

User avatar
gaud

Platinum
Posts: 5765
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Iowa vs. Illinois vs. Indiana vs. Minnesota

Postby gaud » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:18 pm

flem wrote:3) Please, PLEASE retake. Hit the high 160's and you're in great shape for most of the T14.

That GPA is boss, man. Let that hard work pay off

User avatar
Ludo!

Gold
Posts: 4739
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Iowa vs. Illinois vs. Indiana vs. Minnesota

Postby Ludo! » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Retake, don't waste that beautiful GPA. I'm at Illinois and would definitely pick it over the others but not if I had that GPA

User avatar
romothesavior

Diamond
Posts: 14703
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Iowa vs. Illinois vs. Indiana vs. Minnesota

Postby romothesavior » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:Retake, don't waste that beautiful GPA. I'm at Illinois and would definitely pick it over the others but not if I had that GPA

This.

Illinois would be a good option for an Illinois resident who wants to stay in Illinois, but not at the cost.

CanadianWolf

Diamond
Posts: 10722
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Iowa vs. Illinois vs. Indiana vs. Minnesota

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Retake & reapply next cycle.



Return to “Choosing a Law School�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests