Deciding btw six T14 schools... all sticker.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
soozpooz

Re: Deciding btw six T14 schools... all sticker.

Postby soozpooz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:51 pm

Berkeley! GO BEARS! :)

I'm an undergrad here so i might be a little biased...
Also not sure when you visited, but the law school is brand spankin new! the ugly chain link fences just recently came down! it is BEAUTIFUL!
Honestly, even if you can't find a job back east, most of the people who come to the bay area fall in LOVE with the area. You just can't beat it! But I have a hard time thinking that you wont be able to find a job back east... if you want it still...

$$$$$$

Postby $$$$$$ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:52 pm

What kind of vibe did you get from UVa? Most kids at UVa are not tools, and the one's you think are tools are probably pretty smart, chill people who are just letting loose because there is nothing else to do in c'ville but get tan, play sports, drink and hang.

If you want west coast. Go to berkeley. East coast, then all the schools are probably the same except Berkeley.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:53 pm

chasgoose wrote:I would probably choose the school you liked best then. DC biglaw is hard to get from anywhere, so I wouldn't base your decision on that (also Georgetown is going to be the worst school of your options for DC). Since none of those schools are going to give you a leg up for NYC biglaw and also none of them will be detrimental to NYC biglaw I would choose the one you like best. I don't really buy the whole Northwestern will give you access to Chicago as a secondary market thing. NYC is still the easiest market to get a biglaw job in. It's still going to be harder to get a job in Chicago from Northwestern than NYC and if you would rather be in NYC anyways, I don't see how the slightly more available Chicago market is a big advantage. It sounds like your decision is between Berkeley and Michigan, decide which one you like best and go there.

I can't imagine Georgetown is worse for DC big law than the rest. For NYC big law yea.

NW will give you access to Chicago, if you wanted it, but OP doesn't. Chicago is harder than NYC for a NW student ITE. Chicago doesn't give you a backup market. At OCI at NW, you really gotta pick Chicago or NYC. Because both cities go really fast in bidding. Any bid on a Chicago firm will rob you of a bid on a NYC city and vice versa.

I'd probably go Michigan because it's cheaper than the rest.

Though UVA is probably better for the places OP is trying to work. But only very marginally so.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Oh...you poor baby. :roll: :cry: :lol: You really got your troubles...huh?

Having trouble picking between the Bentley, the Rolls Royce, the Ferrari, the Lotus, the Lamborghini, and the Aston Martin

http://www.losgatosluxcars.com/

Well, I would personally prefer HYS...the Bugattis of law schools.

http://www.eurweb.com/2010/12/photos-be ... for-jay-z/

Is that car badass or what?!

But ok, here it is. The choice is fairly easy: Berkeley, Michigan or Northwestern.

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:49 pm

PDaddy wrote:But ok, here it is. The choice is fairly easy: Berkeley, Michigan or Northwestern.

Assuming not mere oversight, egregious anti-Cornell postage. :mrgreen:

Return to “Choosing a Law School”