OSU v. George Mason Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I go?

OSU
71%
GMU
29%

Total votes: 24

BearsGrl

Gold

Re: OSU v. George Mason

Post by BearsGrl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:46 pm

rad lulz wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Hahaha I love how all of the responses are from non-OSU and non-GMU posters.
You don't need to go to GMU to know that sticker at GMU is a terrible idea.
Just incidentally OP, for c/o 2011, 69/170 got jobs that will allow someone to even have a hope of repaying $200k in loans.

13 in biglaw (firms of 100+), 52 in govt. and PI (10 year loan forgiveness), and 4 AIII clerks.

That's a 41% shot. Keep in mind that 80% of biglaw associates are out by year 5, generally making solid, but less than $160k biglaw money. Also for govt., you have to not get laid off for 10 years, and make a measly salary while doing it.

In 2010, it was a 43% shot.

http://www.law.gmu.edu/career/employment_information
You keep talking about BigLaw. OP has already said he is fine with debt issues. Also, OP can move to a market that is mid-sized and pay less in rent/mortgage (I'd say rent for awhile) to off-set costs. And I love statistics where you show that 80% of people didn't feel like handling the burden of BigLaw. So people enter BigLaw only to fail. OP seems reasonable so I love how you put him in the 80% zone without considering that he could be a 20%er. Glass half empty folks are always fun to be around.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Wed May 29, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:49 pm

BearsGrl wrote:And I love statistics where you show that 80% of people didn't feel like handling the burden of BigLaw. So people enter BigLaw only to fail.
Fail? Uh, no.

Most of them lateral to smaller firms with better partnership odds, lateral to in-house jobs (which typically require big firm experience), or lateral to solid government work.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Wed May 29, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Incubateus

Bronze

Post by Incubateus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 pm

I actually find those stats reasonable.

And thanks for putting the train back on the tracks Bearsgrl
Last edited by Incubateus on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:53 pm

romothesavior wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:And I love statistics where you show that 80% of people didn't feel like handling the burden of BigLaw. So people enter BigLaw only to fail.
Fail? Uh, no.

Most of them lateral to smaller firms with better partnership odds, lateral to in-house jobs (which typically require big firm experience), or lateral to solid government work.
Dude - You can't respond to my comments EVER and seem credible. Your PM dismissed this fact. Move along.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Wed May 29, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 pm

BearsGrl wrote: And I love statistics where you show that 80% of people didn't feel like handling the burden of BigLaw. So people enter BigLaw only to fail. OP seems reasonable so I love how you put him in the 80% zone without considering that he could be a 20%er. Glass half empty folks are always fun to be around.
You can't possibly read this and think it makes any sense. Seriously BearsGrl, take a deep breath and re-read your own stuff before you fire it off. Your arguments just jump all over the place like nothing I've ever seen.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:59 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Dude - You can't respond to my comments EVER and seem credible. Your PM dismissed this fact. Move along.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:59 pm

rad lulz wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Fail? Uh, no.

Which is awesome, but not if you have $200k debt.
I generally agree with your sentiment, but I'm saying that OP wanted OSU vs. GMU opinions.

You can offer Vandy opinions. Or if you moved from out of state to Vandy. Otherwise, your response will always be retake.

If people are fortunate enough to enter into a mid-market Vault firm with more than 500 employees, I don't see the down-side of going to the local state school, the local private school or schools in the region. There are tons of options once the employment window is cracked. Obviously, you need to research bios at the firm that you're interested in, but you are putting everyone in the 20%er zone.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:01 am

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:03 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
BearsGrl wrote: And I love statistics where you show that 80% of people didn't feel like handling the burden of BigLaw. So people enter BigLaw only to fail. OP seems reasonable so I love how you put him in the 80% zone without considering that he could be a 20%er. Glass half empty folks are always fun to be around.
You can't possibly read this and think it makes any sense. Seriously BearsGrl, take a deep breath and re-read your own stuff before you fire it off. Your arguments just jump all over the place like nothing I've ever seen.
Do you go to OSU or GMU? If not, I think you should aim your fire at those posting. I'll wait.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:03 am

OP, if you were looking for validation of your decision, you'll find it from BearsGrl, who is either the most artful troll or stupidest person I've encountered on TLS in quite a while.

I hope you'll take the time to reread some of this stuff and take it to heart, but it appears your mind is made up. I think you're making a mistake, but you seem a like a good guy though. Ultimately it is your money and your call. I wish you luck with whatever it is you decide to do and I hope it all works out for you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 am

rad lulz wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:I generally agree with your sentiment, but I'm saying that OP wanted OSU vs. GMU opinions.

You can offer Vandy opinions. Or if you moved from out of state to Vandy. Otherwise, your response will always be retake.

If people are fortunate enough to enter into a mid-market Vault firm with more than 500 employees, I don't see the down-side of going to the local state school, the local private school or schools in the region. There are tons of options once the employment window is cracked. Obviously, you need to research bios at the firm that you're interested in, but you are putting everyone in the 20%er zone.
This is nonsensical
What is nonsensical is someone that's a 2L who is posting on TLS. As I said, why are you not studying or networking? You seem to think that posting as a non-OSU and GMU alum is of importance to this particular thread. Is that what they teach you at Vandy? If OP was a client, this would be an epic fail of a client preparation. But hey, continue to post in a non-Vandy thread. There is no fail in that. Not one bit.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:10 am

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:12 am

A 0L... posting in a choosing your law school thread... telling posters not to post in it to offer advice... unless they are current students or alumni of said school...

But she's a 0L... so... wait...

Trying to process this.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:15 am

romothesavior wrote:OP, if you were looking for validation of your decision, you'll find it from BearsGrl, who is either the most artful troll or stupidest person I've encountered on TLS in quite a while.

I hope you'll take the time to reread some of this stuff and take it to heart, but it appears your mind is made up. I think you're making a mistake, but you seem a like a good guy though. Ultimately it is your money and your call. I wish you luck with whatever it is you decide to do and I hope it all works out for you.
Dude - Your PM showed how excellent your skills as a counsel would be. You have made your point in this thread, mind you as a non-OSU and non-GMU alum.

I do enjoy the fact that if we ever worked for the same firm, with your PM alone, I'd be able to get you fired. They don't mess in BigLaw.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:17 am

romothesavior wrote:A 0L... posting in a choosing your law school thread... telling posters not to post in it to offer advice... unless they are current students or alumni of said school...

But she's a 0L... so... wait...

Trying to process this.
OP said that he only wanted OSU and GMU alumni/current students to comment.

Not only do you have issues with women, but also reading comprehension. Give it up.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:18 am

BearsGrl wrote:OP said that he only wanted OSU and GMU alumni/current students to comment.
Are you an OSU/GMU law student? Okay, ta-ta.

bdole2

Bronze

Post by bdole2 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:23 am

BearsGrl wrote: I do enjoy the fact that if we ever worked for the same firm, with your PM alone, I'd be able to get you fired. They don't mess in BigLaw.
Nobody cares. Stop being self-righteous.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:26 am

romothesavior wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:OP said that he only wanted OSU and GMU alumni/current students to comment.
Are you an OSU/GMU law student? Okay, ta-ta.
Have I offered OP insight to either in this thread? More reading comprehension fail.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Incubateus

Bronze

Post by Incubateus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:28 am

Stop bickering you simple fucks. If you can't answer the question as a GMU or OSU alum or current student, then stop posting here.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:29 am

Last edited by rad lulz on Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:29 am

bdole2 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote: I do enjoy the fact that if we ever worked for the same firm, with your PM alone, I'd be able to get you fired. They don't mess in BigLaw.
Nobody cares. Stop being self-righteous.
There is nothing self-righteous about my post. Romo displayed his personality in the PM and showed why he should not be considered as credible. Period.

And seeing as you responded, you care. Don't care? Don't respond. :D

Exactly what OP said above, if not OSU/GMU alum or current student, leave the thread.

Incubateus

Bronze

Post by Incubateus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:33 am

rad lulz wrote:
Incubateus wrote:Stop bickering you simple fucks. If you can't answer the question as a GMU or OSU alum or current student, then stop posting here.
OSU is the least bad of 2 excessively mediocre options, and I don't need to be an alum or current student to tell you that.
Yes, you don't need to be. But I want you to be. Thank you.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”