Cardozo for almost free vs .....

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bdole2

Re: Cardozo for almost free vs .....

Postby bdole2 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:02 am

2015JD wrote:Gonna ride it out at GW and Vandy. I feel those schools are worth the 150k+ over Cardozo.

why? they are both better than Cardozo, but neither are worth sticker

2015JD

Postby 2015JD » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 am

bdole2 wrote:
2015JD wrote:Gonna ride it out at GW and Vandy. I feel those schools are worth the 150k+ over Cardozo.

why? they are both better than Cardozo, but neither are worth sticker

GW fits right with where I would rather be (DC, PI)

Vandy is the best school I have been waitlisted so figure it wouldn't be bad to go. Plus cheap COL + good placement is attractive.

EdgarWinter

Postby EdgarWinter » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 am

Last edited by EdgarWinter on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:32 am

If I was OP, I would wait a year and reapply. I am RARELY on the retake train but your situations screams for it. I would retake in June, apply day 1 apps are available, and aim high (t14) and for schools that offer full rides + stipends (I don't know which schools in the NYC/DC area that do this). If you are going to go for free, make sure it is actually free, not just tuition but you are left dealing with a huge COL debt.

People here underestimate the cost of waiting a year, both mentally and professionally. However, if you are living above water now and can make it so you don't have to incur any debt for school, its worth a year of working a shit job.

JasonR

Postby JasonR » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:45 pm

bk1 wrote:
dingbat wrote:While this is all true, OP is unlikely to get into a T14, so thè goal here should be to maximize scholarship / minimize cost. Dozo has decent employment prospects and even a 4 point jump won't give a full ride (or even a half-ride) to Fordham, so delaying a year is unlikely to be worth all that much. None of the other schos on the waitlist are likely to give more than half-ride either and based on OP's goals keeping costs down is arguably more important. With the possible exception of Vandy, none of em make a sufficient enough difference to pile on an additional $50k+ of debt. But, at Dozo, it is that much more important for OP to bust a nut to be in the top of the class, with much less margin for error

You're undervaluing OP's URM status.

Yup.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Retake. If not please do not pay sticker at GW. That's an awful option.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 pm

bk1 wrote:
dingbat wrote:While this is all true, OP is unlikely to get into a T14, so thè goal here should be to maximize scholarship / minimize cost. Dozo has decent employment prospects and even a 4 point jump won't give a full ride (or even a half-ride) to Fordham, so delaying a year is unlikely to be worth all that much. None of the other schos on the waitlist are likely to give more than half-ride either and based on OP's goals keeping costs down is arguably more important. With the possible exception of Vandy, none of em make a sufficient enough difference to pile on an additional $50k+ of debt. But, at Dozo, it is that much more important for OP to bust a nut to be in the top of the class, with much less margin for error

You're undervaluing OP's URM status.

Sorry, didn't see URM status :oops:

Return to “Choosing a Law School”