Tulane vs. University of Kentucky

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
GoHerd06

Tulane vs. University of Kentucky

Postby GoHerd06 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm having a really hard time deciding between these two schools. Can anybody give me any insight into either? I'm finishing up my master's degree at Marshall (West Virginia), and will probably return to the area after law school. However, it seems like Tulane would open up more job prospects than UK, and there's quite a bit of difference in starting salary as well. Another big thing is that Tulane (with scholarship) is going to be about $30,000/yr, vs about $18,000/yr at UK.

Thoughts?

Lord Randolph McDuff

Re: Tulane vs. University of Kentucky

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 pm

go to West Virginia University School of Law.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:go to West Virginia University School of Law.

vchunt

Postby vchunt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Are you kidding? If you are going to plan on returning to the Huntington area or anywhere near there you have to go to West Virginia University College of Law. They are growing and doing some amazing things! I hope to go there in 2014.

http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/n/2012/03/07/wv ... aw-schools

http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/n/2012/03/13/u- ... aight-year

totespresh

Postby totespresh » Tue May 15, 2012 2:27 am

I went to Marshall for undergrad and I'm at UK law now. Didn't even apply to WVU. People from home like UK and it gives you a little recognition over everyone else from the area that dashes to WVU. Never considered Morgantown and haven't regretted UK over anything else. Lexington is great, the professors I've had have largely been amazing, and I don't think there's a contest. For Tulane, well, if you come back to the Ohio Valley it won't have the sentimentality that UK or WVU have.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”