RU-Camden v Temple v Hofstra v Penn State v Newark v others

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
2012is4Lovers

RU-Camden v Temple v Hofstra v Penn State v Newark v others

Postby 2012is4Lovers » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm just confused. I'm from NJ, so obviously in-state tuition at Rutgers is a big plus, but I've also received money from each of these schools.

Camden: 12k/yr
Temple: 10k/yr
Hofstra: full-ride
Penn State: 15k/yr
Newark: 10k/yr

I was also accepted into Miami, but with no money, I can't afford to go.

I'm still waiting on a bunch of other schools (Case Western, Syracuse, St. John's, Brooklyn, Villanova, Seton Hall, and Catholic)

I have no pie in the sky biglaw dreams. My goal is to get the best education, and out of that the best job I can. If somehow biglaw becomes a possibility, then so be it. But if not, oh well! Other than I'd say Miami, Case, Syracuse, and Catholic, the rest of the schools are located in geographic areas that I would have zero hesitation to practice in and in which I have ties. I would like SOME degree of portability, but primarily in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Should I choose from what I have? Should I wait any school out? With what and with who should I negotiate with? Thank you everyone for your help!! (I need it!)

mighttransfer

Re: RU-Camden v Temple v Hofstra v Penn State v Newark v others

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 pm

I think RU-Newark is your best option because it would be inexpensive for you (I think around 11k a year) and it places fairly well in NJ. All of the schools you listed are peer schools and very regional. Pick the cheapest school located in the region in which you're most interested in practicing (and in which you have the most significant ties).

keg411

Re: RU-Camden v Temple v Hofstra v Penn State v Newark v others

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:56 pm

OP, PM me. I'm from NJ and made a very similar decision during my cycle (and in the PM, just tell me where you are from in NJ and what your LSAT/GPA is).

Return to “Choosing a Law School”