Tranferring within Rutgers

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mdnk35

Tranferring within Rutgers

Postby mdnk35 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:37 am

How difficult is it to transfer between Camden and Newark? Is it the same as transferring to any other school or is there a different policy for within system transfers?

mighttransfer

Re: Tranferring within Rutgers

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:50 am

What do you mean by "within system transfers"? Rutgers-Newark and Rutgers-Camden are separate and distinct schools. Therefore, I'd imagine that transferring from one to the other would be the same as transferring to any other school.

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:52 am

I doubt you'll find any faculty members to write you rec letters because of a case of the merger chills.

mdnk35

Postby mdnk35 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:06 pm

The purpose of the question is if I were to enroll in Rutgers-Camden and this merger did indeed go through and much of the worse case scenarios happened with faculty leaving, etc, how difficult would it be to transfer to Newark? When I mentioned "transferring within the system" I generally meant that even though they operate as distinct schools, they are still overseen by the same Board of Governors/Trustees/President. My question is basically, does the transfer policy stay the same if you were going from one school to the other as it would if you were going from another outside school like say Temple/Villanova?

bdole2

Postby bdole2 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:32 pm

mdnk35 wrote:The purpose of the question is if I were to enroll in Rutgers-Camden and this merger did indeed go through and much of the worse case scenarios happened with faculty leaving, etc, how difficult would it be to transfer to Newark? When I mentioned "transferring within the system" I generally meant that even though they operate as distinct schools, they are still overseen by the same Board of Governors/Trustees/President. My question is basically, does the transfer policy stay the same if you were going from one school to the other as it would if you were going from another outside school like say Temple/Villanova?

Don't think it would give a distinct advantage or disadvantage either way. But I doubt there are many people out there that have made this transfer, so no way of knowing for sure.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:35 am

drmguy wrote:I doubt you'll find any faculty members to write you rec letters because of a case of the merger chills.

This is most likely very true.

mdnk35 wrote:The purpose of the question is if I were to enroll in Rutgers-Camden and this merger did indeed go through and much of the worse case scenarios happened with faculty leaving, etc, how difficult would it be to transfer to Newark?

I presume that you are a 0L so I'll reiterate the same thing echoed throughout this forum: Do not go to a school you do not wish to graduate from. If you're fearful that the merger will happen and then the Four Horsemen will emerge from a crack in the ground of Cooper St. then don't attend in the first place, go to Newark from the get go. They operate as to distinct schools and the only thing they really have in common is the name. The curricula are different, the facilities are different, nothing is ever done or shared between the two campuses, etc. It'd be like saying that UC-Hastings and UC-Davis were the same schools.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”