Tulane vs. UC-Boulder

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Tulane or CO?

UC-Boulder
93%
Tulane
7%

Total votes: 27

Lord Randolph McDuff

Re: Tulane vs. UC-Boulder

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Tue May 01, 2012 9:57 am

These are peer schools because they all place into the local economy. The difference in the fairy rankings is either 1) totally meaningless or 2) actually in favor of Tulane and CU as they are the best schools within their local economy.

Further, I'd bet the local economy is actually the worst in California.

Its probably something like:
Louisiana- Bad
Colorado- Worse
California- Pointless

If I was you I would either go to CU or don't go, depending on debt.

UMatti

Postby UMatti » Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

petite chouette wrote:
UMatti wrote:Just found out I got into UC-Davis (sticker), this might complicate things.. Still in research mode, so any input would be great!

Congrats! Did you get in off the waitlist?

The actual letter and info was sent to my hometown, so I haven't gone over it nor have (ever) checked the online status checker until late last night. There is a pdf copy of the acceptance that does not reference any waitlist, but I assume being this late in the cycle that I must have been on it?

I'm really interested in the potential for judicial clerkships and policy/public interest that Davis seems to be known for.

ryemanhattan

Postby ryemanhattan » Tue May 01, 2012 10:46 am

Boulder seems to be the clear winner here. And paying sticker at UC Davis is pure madness.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Wed May 02, 2012 4:35 pm

--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

Couple (three) things:

CUs fed clerkship was like 8.6% last year, and while that is high I would assume the average usually higher than this years total.

10% of CU wasn't looking for employment 9 months out. Who knows if any of them could have gotten jobs, but every year this does make CU's employment look slightly worse than what you should expect here.

Just look at the difference in reported salaries... The legal market in California has gone to hell.

UMatti

Postby UMatti » Wed May 02, 2012 6:47 pm

All signs point to NorCal legal and UCD at sticker is a huge risk that is not likely to pay off (figuratively and literally). That said, I'm going to keep reading until Friday and make a decision.

As a side note, I am on the waitlist at UMich (my undergrad). Any advice on writing a letter of continued interest? LOCI? If I've got my acronyms straight..

Return to “Choosing a Law School”