Tulsa v. UNLV

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Tulsa or UNLV?

Tulsa
46%
UNLV
54%

Total votes: 13

sandys627

Re: Tulsa v. UNLV

Postby sandys627 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Oklahoma2014 wrote:
sandys627 wrote:Actually, I have an uncle who is moving to Jenks from OKC, whom I could live with bringing my COA down, should I chose to attend Tulsa. The issue, as I see it, concerns amount of debt v. job prospects. I spent time working for an attorney in Vegas who is extremely influential(30 + years in Vegas law) and now has his own small firm. He constantly offers to help me. However, is UNLV worth 50-60 in tuition debt v. Extremely small debt at Tulsa?

I appreciate the responses :)

I don't know the answer to that but Jenks is a nice place (although they cheat at high school football) and keeping Coa down seems great. Are you okay with remaining in Oklahoma after law school if you can't get some place else? That may matter in your decision process.

I figure, my total cost at Tulsa for 3 years will be around 10-15k. I am going to visit next week, hopefully this will give me a better feel for the area. I am from a small city in California that is surrounded many reservations, so I am some what familiar with native American culture, as well. Sounds like job prospects are very dismal though.

imbored25

Postby imbored25 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Oklahoma2014 wrote:
I don't know the answer to that but Jenks is a nice place (although they cheat at high school football) .

+1

lol never thought we'd be discussing HS football on TLS

Haskell83

Postby Haskell83 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

My (biased) vote is UNLV. I went to UNLV 1L and transferred out and would have been very happy to stay if I didn't have the transfer opportunities after 1L. The 1L class size of around 110 is a bit smaller than some schools and it was great (about 55 split into two sections). Professors are as good if not better than my T14. I don't know how everyone did for jobs this upcoming summer but that's a problem for most schools. I commuted from the Cheyenne/215 area and didn't mind the travel time - just collected my thoughts/listened to outline CD's. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the school.

Oklahoma2014

Postby Oklahoma2014 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Tulsa was winning this vote until all the Okie's hijacked this thread. What does that say? Haha!

sandys627

Postby sandys627 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Haskell83 wrote:My (biased) vote is UNLV. I went to UNLV 1L and transferred out and would have been very happy to stay if I didn't have the transfer opportunities after 1L. The 1L class size of around 110 is a bit smaller than some schools and it was great (about 55 split into two sections). Professors are as good if not better than my T14. I don't know how everyone did for jobs this upcoming summer but that's a problem for most schools. I commuted from the Cheyenne/215 area and didn't mind the travel time - just collected my thoughts/listened to outline CD's. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the school.

Thank you for your thoughts! I currently live at Cheyenne / 215 and commute to unlv, so I can definitely relate. I will probably pm you when I think of questions.

sandys627

Postby sandys627 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Oklahoma2014 wrote:Tulsa was winning this vote until all the Okie's hijacked this thread. What does that say? Haha!

Funny how it got completely turned around! Just more to think about, I suppose. I really appreciate your comments though!

Oklahoma2014

Postby Oklahoma2014 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 am

imbored25 wrote:
Oklahoma2014 wrote:
I don't know the answer to that but Jenks is a nice place (although they cheat at high school football) .

+1

lol never thought we'd be discussing HS football on TLS

Jenks.....the evil empire. (As you read that, imagine the music that plays on Star Wars every time Darth Vader walks into the room).

Admittedly, my HS has not beat Jenks since 1993. So when they got caught cheating that gave us an excuse for the past 20 years. Haha!

Sorry, probably way off topic, just having fun!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”