How do you shit on a friend's dreams? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bk1

Diamond

Re: How do you shit on a friend's dreams?

Post by bk1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 pm

PatrickChewing15 wrote:I'm really concerned with true friends, the people I spend most days with and every weekend. I hate to see them make this mistake because for better or worse I care how their lives end up. Like I said, I had a friend who I directed to TLS last year who is at Elon now. I thought that this was the best way to go then and the reaction I got made me unsure. I'm afraid that trying to go the subtle route of suggesting a website comes off wrong. Maybe an actual conversation with give and take would work better and be more successful. I also don't know if the fact that I was a Junior in Undergrad last year made what I had to say come off worse or if being accepted to T14's at this point makes it seem more like I'm being a dick.
To paraphrase romo: without the clout of being an actual law student you will pretty much come off as a jerk no matter what.

PatrickChewing15

New

Re: How do you shit on a friend's dreams?

Post by PatrickChewing15 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 am

bk187 wrote:
PatrickChewing15 wrote:I'm really concerned with true friends, the people I spend most days with and every weekend. I hate to see them make this mistake because for better or worse I care how their lives end up. Like I said, I had a friend who I directed to TLS last year who is at Elon now. I thought that this was the best way to go then and the reaction I got made me unsure. I'm afraid that trying to go the subtle route of suggesting a website comes off wrong. Maybe an actual conversation with give and take would work better and be more successful. I also don't know if the fact that I was a Junior in Undergrad last year made what I had to say come off worse or if being accepted to T14's at this point makes it seem more like I'm being a dick.
To paraphrase romo: without the clout of being an actual law student you will pretty much come off as a jerk no matter what.
Which is my real problem and the correct answer to my question.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”