Vandy v. Howard v. GW Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
TooSchool4Cool

New

Vandy v. Howard v. GW

Post by TooSchool4Cool » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 am

This may seem like a "crazy" thread, but I am actually having a very difficult time deciding among these schools. I have scholarship offers at all three, have lived in Nashville, but do not really desire to go back, and want to work in BigGov/Public Interest in DC long-term (but am open to corparate law initially and them making the switch later).

Scholarships:

Vandy- 55% of tuition

Howard- 95% of tuition

GW- enough to buy groceries for one semester :-/

I have wanted to live in DC for a very long time, but have never gotten the chance. I have a fairly strong professional network in Nashville, but because I do not want to practice there, I feel like it is kind of a mute point. I have visited all 3 schools and overall liked each one of them for different reasons. I prefer the smaller class sizes that Vanderbilt and Howard offer. I am on the waitlist at many T14s, but right now, these are my top 3 contenders.

I appreciate all of the help that I can get!
Last edited by TooSchool4Cool on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdole2

Bronze

Re: Vandy v. Howard v. GW

Post by bdole2 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:18 am

Vandy or don't go. What is your GPA / LSAT?

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:51 am

bdole2 wrote:Vandy or don't go. What is your GPA / LSAT?
This is definitely a no brainer (Vandy), unless I'm missing something. OP, I realize that you want DC, but DC is not guaranteed from 99.9% of law schools. Therefore, Vandy would be the appropriate choice, as it is generally the strongest school in your group at a comparatively reasonable price.

envisciguy

Bronze

Post by envisciguy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:00 am

Vandy easily. Have you tried negotiating the scholarship with GW though? I would think they would see Vandy as a peer school or better.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:07 pm

envisciguy wrote:Vandy easily. Have you tried negotiating the scholarship with GW though? I would think they would see Vandy as a peer school or better.
GW doesn't negotiate, period. Or at least I've never heard of anyone being successful doing so (myself included, with multiple scholarships at higher ranked schools).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

envisciguy

Bronze

Post by envisciguy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:13 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
envisciguy wrote:Vandy easily. Have you tried negotiating the scholarship with GW though? I would think they would see Vandy as a peer school or better.
GW doesn't negotiate, period. Or at least I've never heard of anyone being successful doing so (myself included, with multiple scholarships at higher ranked schools).
Huh, I never knew that. Well, I think that's just another point in Vandy's favor then.

TooSchool4Cool

New

Post by TooSchool4Cool » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Ha! Okay, well guys, I told you this was a CRAZY thread to begin with! Vandy it is! I just was doing a little DC daydreaming! :)

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”