HLS vs. SLS Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

HLS or SLS?

Definitely HLS
26%
Probably HLS
16%
Probably SLS
15%
Definitely SLS
30%
I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!!
13%

Total votes: 143

Birdnals

Gold

Re: HLS vs. SLS

Post by Birdnals » Fri May 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Geneva wrote:haha, i actually wanted to get more opinions re:HLS vs. SLS. Maybe if some of you spent more time trying and less time bashing other people on the internet, you would have better options than riding the waitlist at UNC (Stillwater). Just saying.
Jokes on you! I didn’t start bashing people on internet forums until AFTER my shitty UG GPA was ruined due to binge drinking and indifference!
So HA! Don’t YOU feel dumb now!

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri May 04, 2012 1:56 pm

tfleming09 wrote:
Geneva wrote:haha, i actually wanted to get more opinions re:HLS vs. SLS. Maybe if some of you spent more time trying and less time bashing other people on the internet, you would have better options than riding the waitlist at UNC (Stillwater). Just saying.
You are an insufferable human being.
This was a horrible post.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Fri May 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Birdnals wrote:
Jokes on you! I didn’t start bashing people on internet forums until AFTER my shitty UG GPA was ruined due to binge drinking and indifference!
no, i just really don't get the point of the bashing. i came to TLS to find support and information throughout the admissions process, and am grateful for the valuable insights that some people have shared. as for the rampant animosity (not just targeted at me, but on this site in general)...don't understand. never will. but w/e.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri May 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Last edited by stillwater on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Birdnals

Gold

Post by Birdnals » Fri May 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Geneva wrote:i just really don't get the point of the bashing
Geneva wrote:Maybe if some of you spent more time trying you would have better options than riding the waitlist at UNC (Stillwater).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Fri May 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Birdnals wrote:
Geneva wrote:i just really don't get the point of the bashing
Geneva wrote:Maybe if some of you spent more time trying you would have better options than riding the waitlist at UNC (Stillwater).
that was after he called me the cancer of TLS, following a thread of hateful posts on a forum that was intended to be a support group! of course, you are right, it was still not a constructive comment. thanks for pointing that out.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri May 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Last edited by stillwater on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flem

Diamond

Post by flem » Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Geneva = BearsGrl?

rollie

New

Post by rollie » Fri May 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Last edited by rollie on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Fri May 04, 2012 2:47 pm

rollie wrote:
Geneva wrote:
Birdnals wrote:
no, i just really don't get the point of the bashing. i came to TLS to find support and information throughout the admissions process, and am grateful for the valuable insights that some people have shared. as for the rampant animosity (not just targeted at me, but on this site in general)...don't understand. never will. but w/e.
Dude, Geneva, do you really not understand why people have been ragging on your posts recently? It's not because everyone's jealous of you for getting into SLS and HLS (congrats, btw), because there are a ton of other posters in the same situation who everyone is fine with. It's because you keep humblebragging about your acceptances whenever you can, which is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way. Like, this post, for example - what was wrong with using the Subscribe or Bookmark buttons? That you had to post "tagged" just makes it seem like you're trying to get people to notice and congratulate you, because obviously there are easier ways to tag a post that wouldn't tell everyone else about it. (And if you didn't know about those buttons after 900 posts, well, now you do.)

If you were genuinely curious about the relative merits of each school (tough decision), then you could have searched for the hundreds of other threads talking about the same thing, or created your own (granted, that might have still come across as braggy given your history, but a well thought-out post probably would have gotten you responses addressing your specific situation). But this? Blatant humblebrag.

You're into two of the best schools in the country, you don't need validation from a forum of strangers - if you have genuine questions, ask away (although, given your rep, you might have trouble getting serious responses), but otherwise maybe try to be a little less oblivious? Yay.
Haha i didn't know about those buttons. Thanks for the info. I do have genuine questions and was actually not trying to brag. I have seen people type "tag" on threads they wanted to revisit, and I have tagged a variety of other threads (on topics ranging from deposit deadlines to scholarship info). In retrospect...I see your point. Thank you.

I have seen a lot of animosity on this forum targeted at people other than me, in cases when it unwarranted (e.g. in the last day from people with only a handful of posts--1) a Yale vs Stanford thread where someone suggested the OP tone down her cocaine/coffee habit, and other people rolled their eyes. 2) Thread asking about accommodations for a learning disability).

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Fri May 04, 2012 4:15 pm

tfleming09 wrote:
You are an insufferable human being.

Lovely Ludwig Van

Bronze

Post by Lovely Ludwig Van » Fri May 04, 2012 4:44 pm

This is better than Avengers.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Mon May 07, 2012 10:14 am

Wow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Post by FantasticMrFox » Mon May 07, 2012 11:23 am

Geneva wrote: I do have genuine questions and was actually not trying to brag.
Then... actual questions > "tagged"
ETA: sorry for jumping on the easy bandwagon :P

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Mon May 07, 2012 11:29 am

(no chance at SLS or HLS, Geneva-thread tagging for lulz)

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Mon May 07, 2012 11:36 am

Tom Joad wrote:
Wow.
Agreed. This thread is a class act.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Mon May 07, 2012 4:02 pm

FantasticMrFox wrote:
Geneva wrote: I do have genuine questions and was actually not trying to brag.
Then... actual questions > "tagged"
ETA: sorry for jumping on the easy bandwagon :P
haha, well, i tag threads to have potentially useful info. available for reference. i recently learned that the subscribe/bookmark buttoms can serve a similar function...
i must try to become computer literate before school starts.
:)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JannaV

New

Post by JannaV » Mon May 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Stanford's offerings are downright remarkable. For me, the atmosphere in Palo Alto is immeasurably superior to that in Cambridge. At a certain point you have to ask yourself: Where would I be happy? Ultimately, that is more important than anything else. Good luck with your decision!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”