Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby romothesavior » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:54 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Haha - No, you assume that I meant something that I didn't. If you thought that I meant that UCI was the same as UCLA/USC because I generally grouped them together, that's on you. Not me. Any person that lives in CA would understand what I meant by that. You don't live in the state and therefore wouldn't understand it. No biggie.


romothesavior wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:So to you, same realm means the same reputation? Logic fail.

You said they're in the "same realm" and the "same pool" and have tried to equate them for the past page or so. Maybe you meant something other than what you actually said, but I don't think we're having any issues with the English language here. Everyone appears to have interpreted your comments the same way. Either you're just having trouble communicating, or you're waffling.

Also, you're arguing with yourself. Nobody said UCI isn't "solid," so you can stop repeating it ad naseum. All we're saying is that is isn't on par with USC/UCLA, and it isn't worth 200k+.


You can't read, therefore you wouldn't understand it. No biggie.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:55 pm

romothesavior wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:So to you, same realm means the same reputation? Logic fail.

You said they're in the "same realm" and the "same pool" and have tried to equate them for the past page or so. Maybe you meant something other than what you actually said, but I don't think we're having any issues with the English language here. Everyone appears to have interpreted your comments the same way. Either you're just having trouble communicating, or you're waffling.

Also, you're arguing with yourself. Nobody said UCI isn't "solid," so you can stop repeating it ad naseum. All we're saying is that is isn't on par with USC/UCLA, and it isn't worth 200k+.


Then we disagree on what I said. If we're talking about Central CA, UCLA/USC/UCI are in the same realm and UCI is the third "ranked" school in that realm. However, I have stated that UCI is on the track to be UCLA/USC so I would ultimately have no problem with eventually putting them as peers. Right now, there is no data to back this up. However, any CA resident is going to generally agree with the sentiment expressed above.

Either way, none of this has to do with the topic at hand.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:56 pm

romothesavior wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Haha - No, you assume that I meant something that I didn't. If you thought that I meant that UCI was the same as UCLA/USC because I generally grouped them together, that's on you. Not me. Any person that lives in CA would understand what I meant by that. You don't live in the state and therefore wouldn't understand it. No biggie.


romothesavior wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:So to you, same realm means the same reputation? Logic fail.

You said they're in the "same realm" and the "same pool" and have tried to equate them for the past page or so. Maybe you meant something other than what you actually said, but I don't think we're having any issues with the English language here. Everyone appears to have interpreted your comments the same way. Either you're just having trouble communicating, or you're waffling.

Also, you're arguing with yourself. Nobody said UCI isn't "solid," so you can stop repeating it ad naseum. All we're saying is that is isn't on par with USC/UCLA, and it isn't worth 200k+.


You can't read, therefore you wouldn't understand it. No biggie.


Getting self-defensive when I say factual things (such as you don't live in CA) isn't generally a good idea. I can read just fine. It's not my fault that you read into the words that I typed. I have told you repetitively that you did so. No biggie.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby romothesavior » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:59 pm

BearsGrl wrote:any CA resident is going to generally agree with the sentiment expressed above

No they aren't. There are people all over TLS from Cali who would laugh heartily at the things you've said ITT.

And don't come back something about how I'm "not from CA so I can't understand." I fully conceded that my knowledge of the CA market isn't as good as my knowledge of other markets. I am confining everything I'm claiming to things I am confident in as a non-native. I'm not all that knowledgeable about the particulars of CA, but I know that USC and UCLA cannot be lumped in with UCI, and I know for damn sure that not "all" Californians (or even most) would say UCI is even on track to be as good as USC or UCLA. I don't have to be from the state to know this.

PS. Passive aggressive much?
Last edited by romothesavior on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:07 pm

romothesavior wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:any CA resident is going to generally agree with the sentiment expressed above

No they aren't. There are people all over TLS from Cali who would laugh heartily at the things you've said ITT.

And don't come back something about how I'm "not from CA so I can't understand." I fully conceded that my knowledge of the CA market isn't as good as my knowledge of other markets. I am confining everything I'm claiming to things I am confident in as a non-native. I'm not all that knowledgeable about the particulars of CA, but I know that USC and UCLA cannot be lumped in with UCI, and I know for damn sure that "all" Californians (or even most) would say UCI is even on track to be as good as USC or UCLA. I don't have to be from the state to know this.

PS. Passive aggressive much?


*facepalm to the bolded*

User avatar
aekea
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby aekea » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:08 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Haha - No, you assume that I meant something that I didn't. If you thought that I meant that UCI was the same as UCLA/USC because I generally grouped them together, that's on you. Not me. Any person that lives in CA would understand what I meant by that. You don't live in the state and therefore wouldn't understand it. No biggie.

BearsGrl, I've lived in CA my entire life, I attended one of the three schools being discussed for undergrad and I can confidently say, that as someone that lives in the state that the above statement is hilariously false.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:12 pm

aekea wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Haha - No, you assume that I meant something that I didn't. If you thought that I meant that UCI was the same as UCLA/USC because I generally grouped them together, that's on you. Not me. Any person that lives in CA would understand what I meant by that. You don't live in the state and therefore wouldn't understand it. No biggie.

BearsGrl, I've lived in CA my entire life, I attended one of the three schools being discussed for undergrad and I can confidently say, that as someone that lives in the state that the above statement is hilariously false.


Where did I say that I put UCI/UCLA/USC on the same level? I don't get where this insinuation is. I have stated that UCI is on a track to be at that level. There is evidence of this. It's a newbie school so obviously I would never say that right now in its current state that UCI is a peer school to UCLA and USC. That should be a given and shouldn't have to be implied.

I said that in Central CA (only using Central CA schools), it would go UCLA/USC, then UCI.

By my grouping UCLA/USC/UCI, I'm not saying that they're equal. I'm saying that they will be equal. This shouldn't have to be stated, but apparently I have to do so.
Last edited by BearsGrl on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psm11
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby psm11 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 pm

you are also going to want to get as much entertainment industry experience as you can. most, if not all, entertainment jobs require or prefer at least 1 year experience or past experience in the field. don't count on landing an entertainment law job with little to no industry experience. a few summers ago I interned at WME (landed this through a family connection) and got to see all aspects of the industry and make some really solid connections. i think most people in the business will tell you that you have a better shot landing an entertainment law job through networking than through what law school you go to. the entire business is based on networking and making connections--if you want to get into the entertainment business i cannot stress that enough.

User avatar
aekea
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby aekea » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:18 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
aekea wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Haha - No, you assume that I meant something that I didn't. If you thought that I meant that UCI was the same as UCLA/USC because I generally grouped them together, that's on you. Not me. Any person that lives in CA would understand what I meant by that. You don't live in the state and therefore wouldn't understand it. No biggie.

BearsGrl, I've lived in CA my entire life, I attended one of the three schools being discussed for undergrad and I can confidently say, that as someone that lives in the state that the above statement is hilariously false.


Where did I say that I put UCI/UCLA/USC on the same level? I don't get where this insinuation is. I have stated that UCI is on a track to be at that level. There is evidence of this. It's a newbie school so obviously, I would never say that right now, in its current state that UCI is a peer school to UCLA and USC.

I said that in Central CA (only using Central CA schools), it would go UCLA/USC, then UCI.

By my grouping UCLA/USC/UCI, I'm not saying that they're equal. I'm saying that they will be equal. This shouldn't have to be stated, but apparently I have to do so.

The statement I was referring to was the one I bolded (thought that would have been self explanatory.) I take issue with your statement that anyone from CA would have understood what you meant (as I can barely decipher what you're trying to say). That being said, I completely disagree with what you're saying above. Why would you say UC Irvine is on track to be at the same level at UCLA/USC? What are you basing that on? The undergrads are not on the same level, there is no reason to believe that the law schools will be.

Also, since when is LA Central CA?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18406
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby bk1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:20 pm

BearsGrl wrote:If we're talking about Central CA, UCLA/USC/UCI are in the same realm and UCI is the third "ranked" school in that realm. However, I have stated that UCI is on the track to be UCLA/USC so I would ultimately have no problem with eventually putting them as peers. Right now, there is no data to back this up. However, any CA resident is going to generally agree with the sentiment expressed above.

Either way, none of this has to do with the topic at hand.


What in the everliving fuck are you on about? What is Central CA? Are we talking about bigmethdealerdefenselaw in Bakersfield?

As a CA resident with no horse in this race:

Your position is ridiculous. Why would you believe a brand new school to start out as a peer of firmly established top 20 schools that have been in existence for decades without any proof?

There is some data and it's promising. For example, a surprising amount of UCI students have managed to snag A3 clerkships. But it's flat out stupid to think that UCI will be on par with UCLA/USC. UCLA/USC have entrenched alumni networks and connections to firms that expect to hire a certain number of grads each year from those schools, UCI does not have this. UCLA/USC have a history of being the prestigious local schools in SoCal, UCI does not have this and it is something that would take a while to build considering the legal field is a prestige-obsessed industry that is resistant to change. UCI being a peer of UCLA/USC in terms of prestige would be pretty unprecedented and it doesn't make sense to believe that it will happen without any proof.

As for job placement, it is in the realm of possibility that UCI's first class puts up job placement numbers on par with UCLA/USC. But UCI's first class was 60 people. The fewer people the school has to place the easier it is to put up good numbers. The school increased its class size by 50% in its second year and will likely increase it more as time goes on. Furthermore Chemerinsky and other faculty are calling favors to help their students. Those favors are going to run out some time and aren't going to extend indefinitely into the future. That makes it pretty much impossible for them to sustain their placement. The school will also have to be self-sustainable in terms of cost and will have trouble pulling in the same level of talent in its student body due to the fact that they are basically hemorrhaging money for the moment (their first class paid 0 in tuition) on top of the increase in size. This drop in student quality likely will also hurt their placement. UCLA/USC have established pipelines to firms/judges that UCI does not.

It makes a lot more sense to think that UCI will likely end up as a peer of UCD/UCH. Without data UCI is quite a risk, but UCD/UCH are also quite risky in that a substantial portion of their class ends up unemployed/underemployed. UCI might end up as a peer of UCLA/USC one day, but it won't be the day they gain full accreditation or anytime in the near future.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18406
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby bk1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:23 pm

BearsGrl wrote:By my grouping UCLA/USC/UCI, I'm not saying that they're equal. I'm saying that they will be equal. This shouldn't have to be stated, but apparently I have to do so.


This is stupid. OP is considering becoming part of class of 2015, not class of 2115. Future reputations aren't important to people looking for jobs in the here and now.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby romothesavior » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:23 pm

BearsGrl wrote:By my grouping UCLA/USC/UCI, I'm not saying that they're equal. I'm saying that they will be equal. This shouldn't have to be stated, but apparently I have to do so.

You use words in a very strange (idiotic) way. Then you turn it around on us and act like we're having reading comprehension issues or something? Interesting.

MrAnon
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby MrAnon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Simply by fact that OP was admitted to Irvine, Pepperdine, Loyola and Cardozo, I think it is safe to assume that Irvine is more similar to that group than UCLA/USC.

If OP said he was deciding between UCLA, USC and Irvine, i'd think differently, but he's not. And quite frankly, nobody is.

MrAnon
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby MrAnon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:26 pm

There is no way to assume or project honestly that "they will be equal". That is pure guessing and hoping.

Cardozo fans have been saying for two decades now that Cardozo will one day be on the same level as Fordham, and even Columbia and NYU. How has that worked out?

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby Danteshek » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:27 pm

MrAnon wrote:Simply by fact that OP was admitted to Irvine, Pepperdine, Loyola and Cardozo, I think it is safe to assume that Irvine is more similar to that group than UCLA/USC.


Exactly. All the chatter in these threads is about the UCI vs. Loyola decision, not UCI vs. some other higher ranked school.

User avatar
aekea
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby aekea » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:33 pm

BearsGrl wrote:By my grouping UCLA/USC/UCI, I'm not saying that they're equal. I'm saying that they will be equal. This shouldn't have to be stated, but apparently I have to do so.

Come on guys. Clearly this shouldn't have to be stated. We're all idiots for not properly interpreting UCLA/USC/UCI to mean "these schools will be equal...at some vague point in the future.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:42 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Perhaps because you're in the Midwest and can't comment on CA schools?

BearsGrl wrote:As I said, I've lived in CA before. That's why I'm commenting on this specific issue.

BearsGrl wrote:These are all silly talking points as any person that has ever lived in CA knows the general hierarchy system involved.

BearsGrl wrote:Time is precious in CA and that's all I generally meant.

BearsGrl wrote:Any person that lives in CA would understand what I meant by that. You don't live in the state and therefore wouldn't understand it. No biggie.

BearsGrl wrote:Right now, there is no data to back this up. However, any CA resident is going to generally agree with the sentiment expressed above.

BearsGrl wrote:By my grouping UCLA/USC/UCI, I'm not saying that they're equal. I'm saying that they will be equal. This shouldn't have to be stated, but apparently I have to do so.


God, you're insufferable.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:51 pm

aekea wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
aekea wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
Haha - No, you assume that I meant something that I didn't. If you thought that I meant that UCI was the same as UCLA/USC because I generally grouped them together, that's on you. Not me. Any person that lives in CA would understand what I meant by that. You don't live in the state and therefore wouldn't understand it. No biggie.

BearsGrl, I've lived in CA my entire life, I attended one of the three schools being discussed for undergrad and I can confidently say, that as someone that lives in the state that the above statement is hilariously false.


Where did I say that I put UCI/UCLA/USC on the same level? I don't get where this insinuation is. I have stated that UCI is on a track to be at that level. There is evidence of this. It's a newbie school so obviously, I would never say that right now, in its current state that UCI is a peer school to UCLA and USC.

I said that in Central CA (only using Central CA schools), it would go UCLA/USC, then UCI.

By my grouping UCLA/USC/UCI, I'm not saying that they're equal. I'm saying that they will be equal. This shouldn't have to be stated, but apparently I have to do so.

The statement I was referring to was the one I bolded (thought that would have been self explanatory.) I take issue with your statement that anyone from CA would have understood what you meant (as I can barely decipher what you're trying to say). That being said, I completely disagree with what you're saying above. Why would you say UC Irvine is on track to be at the same level at UCLA/USC? What are you basing that on? The undergrads are not on the same level, there is no reason to believe that the law schools will be.

Also, since when is LA Central CA?


LA has always been Central CA. There are three general areas, for legal purposes. SD, LA and NorCal. Why is it any shock that LA is considered Central CA? I've been to Bakersfield, yet there are no law schools there so why would I consider it or Santa Barbara as part of the mix?

It's very clear that UCI is on the track to be the 3rd school in the running for the LA/OC area. I don't see how that is not obvious. I sincerely don't mean it as an attack, I just fail to see how this is not very visible. And frankly, with its lifestyle, I would see that UCI would become a better option for those that didn't want to have to deal with the hustle and bustle that LA brings. I consider Irvine and LA two different markets unto themselves. Maybe you don't.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18406
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby bk1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:57 pm

BearsGrl wrote:It's very clear that UCI is on the track to be the 3rd school in the running for the LA/OC area. I don't see how that is not obvious. I sincerely don't mean it as an attack, I just fail to see how this is not very visible. And frankly, with its lifestyle, I would see that UCI would become a better option for those that didn't want to have to deal with the hustle and bustle that LA brings. I consider Irvine and LA two different markets unto themselves. Maybe you don't.


How do you not understand that there is a difference between calling UCI on track for the 3rd best school in SoCal and calling it on track for being a peer to UCLA/USC?

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:58 pm

bk1 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:By my grouping UCLA/USC/UCI, I'm not saying that they're equal. I'm saying that they will be equal. This shouldn't have to be stated, but apparently I have to do so.


This is stupid. OP is considering becoming part of class of 2015, not class of 2115. Future reputations aren't important to people looking for jobs in the here and now.


OP will be fine with a degree from UCI. Period. You have stated above while I think it is on track to be UCLA/USC status.

Why are you talking about UCD or UCH at all? They're not Central CA. I don't see the logic behind seeing that UCI will be a UCD or UCH because more than likely, folks out of UCI are not looking to make the jump to Sacramento. People that are choosing UCI are choosing not only the school, but the lifestyle. There is a comparable difference between sun in NorCal and sun in SoCal. You may think that's a silly talking point, but as someone that came from the Midwest to go to graduate school in CA, this was an obvious point. Most UCI folks are going to want to stay in the UCI corridor so the "peer" schools that it should be compared to are the ones in Central CA, as I have mentioned above.

Of course OP would have to assume that he's not going to have the same alumni network as someone going to an established school. This is a given talking point though.

User avatar
aekea
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby aekea » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:58 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
aekea wrote:Also, since when is LA Central CA?


LA has always been Central CA. There are three general areas, for legal purposes. SD, LA and NorCal. Why is it any shock that LA is considered Central CA? I've been to Bakersfield, yet there are no law schools there so why would I consider it or Santa Barbara as part of the mix?

It's very clear that UCI is on the track to be the 3rd school in the running for the LA/OC area. I don't see how that is not obvious. I sincerely don't mean it as an attack, I just fail to see how this is not very visible. And frankly, with its lifestyle, I would see that UCI would become a better option for those that didn't want to have to deal with the hustle and bustle that LA brings. I consider Irvine and LA two different markets unto themselves. Maybe you don't.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18406
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby bk1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:00 pm

BearsGrl wrote:OP will be fine with a degree from UCI. Period.


lolololololol. You and I have very different definitions of fine.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:01 pm

MrAnon wrote:Simply by fact that OP was admitted to Irvine, Pepperdine, Loyola and Cardozo, I think it is safe to assume that Irvine is more similar to that group than UCLA/USC.

If OP said he was deciding between UCLA, USC and Irvine, i'd think differently, but he's not. And quite frankly, nobody is.


Agreed.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:04 pm

MrAnon wrote:There is no way to assume or project honestly that "they will be equal". That is pure guessing and hoping.

Cardozo fans have been saying for two decades now that Cardozo will one day be on the same level as Fordham, and even Columbia and NYU. How has that worked out?


Since I don't know the market in NY, I guess I wouldn't have considered that same assumption. But I also can't go back in time to when that was a talking point of consideration. I guess I just view this situation differently, but as I said I didn't have a dog in the fight in regards to thoughts of Dozo becoming Fordham.

BearsGrl
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Pepperdine/Loyola/Cardozo ($$)/UC Irvine Entertainment Law

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:07 pm

bk1 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:It's very clear that UCI is on the track to be the 3rd school in the running for the LA/OC area. I don't see how that is not obvious. I sincerely don't mean it as an attack, I just fail to see how this is not very visible. And frankly, with its lifestyle, I would see that UCI would become a better option for those that didn't want to have to deal with the hustle and bustle that LA brings. I consider Irvine and LA two different markets unto themselves. Maybe you don't.


How do you not understand that there is a difference between calling UCI on track for the 3rd best school in SoCal and calling it on track for being a peer to UCLA/USC?


Because, ultimately I think that being on track to being the third "ranked" school in SoCal makes it a competitive eventual NorCal school too. Much like UCB/Stanford/UCLA/USC are right now, I think that UCI will be on a similar track to make it be the 5th school as part of that mix.

I didn't go to UCI, I will not be going to UCI and I'm just saying that as both an outsider looking in, in addition to someone that has worked in both LA/OC, that's the track I see it being put on. Only time will tell.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests