Decisions...

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ufxsavior

Decisions...

Postby ufxsavior » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 pm

I am a Canadian, did CS undergrad in U of Windsor, finishing MSc right now. I am considering the following options right now:

UBC (Tuition:10k a year)
Osgoode Hall (Tuition: Sticker @ 20ish k a year)
UWO/Queens (Tuition: Both closer to 17k/18k a year)
MSU College of Law(Full Tuition Scholarship; Stip is top 50%)
UNC (Tuition: Sticker)
UWisconsin (Tuition: Sticker)

I am very tempted to just go to MSU, my parents have green card and live in the Detroit area, thus I don't mind working there once finishing school. However, OSAP (Canadian Student Loan) and combination of good rates at Canadian banks makes Osgoode/UWO/Queens not every expensive at all (of course also better chances of getting a job).

What should I do? (Not sure what type of law, currently interested in IP and Immigration)

TLDR: Canadian who doesn't mind working in the US but want to minimize debt and chance of no job.

MTBike

Re: Decisions...

Postby MTBike » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:54 pm

ufxsavior wrote:I am a Canadian, did CS undergrad in U of Windsor, finishing MSc right now. I am considering the following options right now:

I am very tempted to just go to MSU, my parents have green card and live in the Detroit area, thus I don't mind working there once finishing school. However, OSAP (Canadian Student Loan) and combination of good rates at Canadian banks makes Osgoode/UWO/Queens not every expensive at all (of course also better chances of getting a job).

What should I do? (Not sure what type of law, currently interested in IP and Immigration)

TLDR: Canadian who doesn't mind working in the US but want to minimize debt and chance of no job.

Retake, ED to UVA. Ties. 180. Objectively.

Oh, you wanted real advice? Go to MSU if that is where you would like to live/practice. Full tuition scholly is nice, plus you have family there.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 pm

MTBike wrote:
ufxsavior wrote:I am a Canadian, did CS undergrad in U of Windsor, finishing MSc right now. I am considering the following options right now:

Retake, ED to UVA. Ties. 180. Objectively.

Oh, you wanted real advice? Go to MSU if that is where you would like to live/practice. Full tuition scholly is nice, plus you have family there.

There are Canadians on the forum, they'll know

llachans

Postby llachans » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 pm

MSU. Ties + full tuition + easy enough stip.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”