Loyola (LA) vs. UC Davis Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Jdgardin

New

Loyola (LA) vs. UC Davis

Post by Jdgardin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 am

For starters, I should mention that I have no scholly to either school and will have to incur a large amount of debt either way I go. That said, I want to ensure the school I ultimately decide to attend will be able to provide good job opportunities. I've done a lot of research on both schools, but I'm hoping some other users here can provide some unique insight I might have overlooked. I had the idea that I wanted to do IP law, but it's not something that is necessarily set in stone. I know that the Loyola alumni base is extraordinary and would definitely help me find jobs in LA - something particularly important if I decide to go the route of entertainment/IP law (which I really want to). At the same time, I know Davis offers a better average salary for their graduates, though employment would probably be more restricted to Sacramento/Bay area and I might have to consider pursuing other fields of law to study. The lure of LA, its connections, the environment and Loyola's credibility within the area has me leaning in its favor.

I've seen the employment and salary statistics, but anyone who's read into those extensively has found out that they only paint part of the picture and are mostly misleading since much of the data is either undisclosed or unavailable. I've seen a lot of people on these forums say that realistically you shouldn't expect to be in the top (x)% of your class and should not take that for granted, assuming you will achieve it and have a job handed to you. I recognize this, but I am a very hard worker and have always been able to excel in school (4.0 at undergrad). Also, retaking is not an option.

Please divulge any constructive comments or advice you have on the subject. Thank you.

bdole2

Bronze

Re: Loyola (LA) vs. UC Davis

Post by bdole2 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:20 am

Jdgardin wrote: Also, retaking is not an option.
Why not?

apollo2015

Bronze

Post by apollo2015 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Retake and ED UVA.

It sounds as if you want to work in Los Angeles. If that is the case, go to Loyola. If you wanted to work in San Francisco, go to Davis.

bdole2

Bronze

Post by bdole2 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:47 pm

apollo2015 wrote:Retake and ED UVA.

It sounds as if you want to work in Los Angeles. If that is the case, go to Loyola. If you wanted to work in San Francisco, go to Davis.
Shut up. Large amounts of debt should not be taken lightly.

apollo2015

Bronze

Post by apollo2015 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 pm

bdole2 wrote:
apollo2015 wrote:Retake and ED UVA.

Shut up. Large amounts of debt should not be taken lightly.
What's with the negativity, bro? The OP said retaking is not an option.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”