need to make a deposit

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
tedm9
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 pm

need to make a deposit

Postby tedm9 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 am

full ride at st. johns, hofstra, northeastern. 30k scholarships to seton hall and temple. 15k to american. first choice is work in nyc but id be happy in dc or boston too. whats the recommendation?

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby shoeshine » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 am

retake

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 am

Temple or retake

tedm9
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby tedm9 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:05 am

depressing

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby shoeshine » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:07 am

Depressing will be graduating from a TTT with 150k in debt and 0 job prospects.

tedm9
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby tedm9 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:09 am

is american TTT? 0 job prospects?

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby rad lulz » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:23 am

l
Last edited by rad lulz on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby Robespierre » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:00 pm

St. John's and Hofstra will put you 75K+ in debt and they're only the 6th-7th best schools in their area. Seton Hall and Temple only make sense if you want NJ/Phila, which you didn't say you did. American is a good school and might've been a good choice a few years ago, especially since you got money out of them which is rare, but in the current environment it's not placing well and you'd have to worry about the double whammy of unemployment plus 150K debt.

I'd say Northeastern by process of elimination. You said you'd be happy in Boston; it's the #3 school in town; and your debt would only be about 60K.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby Samara » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Robespierre wrote:St. John's and Hofstra will put you 75K+ in debt and they're only the 6th-7th best schools in their area. Seton Hall and Temple only make sense if you want NJ/Phila, which you didn't say you did. American is a good school and might've been a good choice a few years ago, especially since you got money out of them which is rare, but in the current environment it's not placing well and you'd have to worry about the double whammy of unemployment plus 150K debt.

I'd say Northeastern by process of elimination. You said you'd be happy in Boston; it's the #3 school in town; and your debt would only be about 60K.

wut. Which one of Harvard, BU and BC are you placing behind Northeastern?

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby Robespierre » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Oops, sorry, #4. Point remains: it's a better situation than St. John's or Hofstra which are ##6 and 7 in their town (and lower if you count the NJ schools).

bdole2
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby bdole2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:33 am

Robespierre wrote:Oops, sorry, #4. Point remains: it's a better situation than St. John's or Hofstra which are ##6 and 7 in their town (and lower if you count the NJ schools).


Somewhat irrelevant. NYC is bigger than Boston, and has a bigger legal market.

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: need to make a deposit

Postby Robespierre » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:03 pm

bdole2 wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Oops, sorry, #4. Point remains: it's a better situation than St. John's or Hofstra which are ##6 and 7 in their town (and lower if you count the NJ schools).


Somewhat irrelevant. NYC is bigger than Boston, and has a bigger legal market.


But NYC also has exponentially more people from outside the area banging down the door to get in.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests