1) Clerkships are my #1 priority. Michigan has a dedicated career services person just for clerkships. However, historically, Duke has placed slightly higher in A3s.
2) I don't want a car. I know that you can use your M card to ride the bus for free in Michigan. I would own a motorcycle at Duke.
3) I don't know what my career path will be but the Michigan LRAP is stronger than Duke's.
4) Clinics are very important to me. Michigan has 4 clinics I am very interested in. Duke has two.
5) At Michigan, 12.5% of 1Ls can make law review. At Duke, 18.5% can make law review.
6) I'm in at the joint JD/M.Phil at Duke, but it ends up costing about an extra $20,000, despite receiving both degrees in three years. I only consider this because I have a long eye on academia and it would be easier to go for a PhD in philosophy with the MA already there.
7) I felt a little more comfortable at Duke. Maybe it had to do with the weather, maybe it had to do with the class size, but everyone seemed a little more relaxed.
Legal writing at Michigan is H/P/F, Duke's legal writing ends before finals, is graded,