Asking for an advice choosing a law school Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
kapamajay

New

Asking for an advice choosing a law school

Post by kapamajay » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 am

I'm trying to decide which school to attend, need realistic advice in making a decision soon.
An international applicant with engineering Ph.D degree, years of work experience, would like to focus intellectual property/patent.
Admitted from Fordham, George Mason, U. Houston, waitlisted from George Washington and U. Washington, waiting an answer from UC Davis and Santa Clara.
No or not much scholarship so far, but I can afford next 3 years of expenses without much debt.
1. If Fordham, GM, Houston are only my option, which is the best school to attend?
2. If I may receive admission from others above, what do you think will be the best decision to make?
3. Or should I retake LSAT and reapply next year? (little bit worrying about my age, since i'm already over 30).
Thank you!

R86

Bronze

Re: Asking for an advice choosing a law school

Post by R86 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59 am

:D
Last edited by R86 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 am

R86 wrote:What was your LSAT score? GPA?
An international applicant won't have a GPA.
I love it how people never answer such a question directly

Fordham has strong IP and feeds into NY, which might be beneficial in terms of employers accepting foreign applicants

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:10 pm

dingbat wrote:
R86 wrote:What was your LSAT score? GPA?
I love it how people never answer such a question directly
People don't answer the question directly because most questions where the poster is asking "Should I go to X or Y school" act as if those are the only two options, when there are really:

Z school
Re-take and apply to A, B, and C
Don't go to law school

It's like when I go to the doctor and ask him which would be better for me: to eat bacon twice a day or live a sedentary lifestyle. He might be able to answer that by talking about the comparative risk factors, but a good physician would probably advise me that neither are a good idea and question what was motivating me to limit me to these two choices.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”