Question About Employment Data from Schools

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bigeast03

Question About Employment Data from Schools

Postby bigeast03 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:56 am

This may well be a dumb question, so I'll preface it with that. Basically, what I'm trying to find out is whether a school would be able to release the raw data used to compile their published employment statistics (e.g. 25/75 percentiles for salary, employment percentages)? Would there be privacy issues with regards to salary/job data even with names/identities remaining anonymous? I know that Vanderbilt offers a firm breakdown, but I wasn't sure if other schools would be willing/able to provide that and other information (salary breakdowns, etc.) as well.

dingbat

Re: Question About Employment Data from Schools

Postby dingbat » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:06 pm

bigeast03 wrote:This may well be a dumb question, so I'll preface it with that. Basically, what I'm trying to find out is whether a school would be able to release the raw data used to compile their published employment statistics (e.g. 25/75 percentiles for salary, employment percentages)? Would there be privacy issues with regards to salary/job data even with names/identities remaining anonymous? I know that Vanderbilt offers a firm breakdown, but I wasn't sure if other schools would be willing/able to provide that and other information (salary breakdowns, etc.) as well.

A lot of the better schools (i havent looked at any TTTs) provide detailed breakdowns on their websites.

bigeast03

Postby bigeast03 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 pm

dingbat wrote:A lot of the better schools (i havent looked at any TTTs) provide detailed breakdowns on their websites.

Unfortunately one of theT14 schools I'm looking at seems fairly vague comparatively. They provide general breakdowns, but nothing particularly detailed. I wasn't sure if it would be inappropriate to e-mail and request the raw data that they used to compile what they present online?

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Assuming you've got an offer, there's no harm in asking (be courteous)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”